The season climax was last week, this week was just a collection of vignettes to remind you where everyone is before the break.

Massacre, the series only skims the barest surface of the story in the books, they aren't dull at all, more like you can put them down.

They followed the exact same recipe for season 1. Ned in episode 9, and dull last episode, where they barely wrapped up any of the plots, leaving loads left for the next season.

Well, i'm more or less half way through Storm Of Swords last i checked, so i may pick up and read through to book 4 again. The TV series has left me wanting more as usual. That's the great part about owning the books.

• Like 1

Article on CBC.ca, Martin talking about the design for the Iron Throne...

A certain amount of creative license and interpretation is involved when any novel is adapted into a TV or film production. But how do the authors feel when seeing the characters and creations they dreamed up translated onto the screen? George R.R. Martin, whose A Song of Ice and Fire books inspired the phenomenally popular HBO series Game of Thrones, recently provided some insight into this on his blog by revealing what he really imagined the famous Iron Throne to look like.

"When I write about the Iron Throne, I SEE it in my head...and I try to describe it as best I can," he wrote. "Not being a blacksmith or an ironmonger, however, I hammer it together with words, striving to make all of you, my readers, see what I see ...

A dozen different artists have done versions of the Iron Throne over the years. Some have been very striking, some less so, but none of them have ever been quite RIGHT. Their versions never quite matched what I saw in my mind's eye."

Martin also comments that the HBO version, while "iconic" for millions of viewers, isn't quite what he had imagined. He then shares an image of the Iron Throne painted by artist Marc Simonetti. The author describes this interpretation as the closest to his own vision.

"This Iron Throne is massive. Ugly. Assymetric. It's a throne made by blacksmiths hammering together half-melted, broken, twisted swords, wrenched from the hands of dead men or yielded up by defeated foes...a symbol of conquest...it has the steps I describe, and the height. From on top, the king dominates the throne room. And there are thousands of swords in it, not just a few ... This Iron Throne is scary. And not at all a comfortable seat, just as Aegon intended."

Game-of-Thrones-300.jpg

Just finished Season 2 on Blu-Ray. This has to be the best show on TV right now, love the opening theme music/ really sets the mood ( the only show that even compares right now is probably Breaking Bad ).

Is Season 3 as good as the first 2?

See what someone else says first. As I said on the previous page, my interest dropped sharply after Drogo died in the first season. I am heavily biased against this show, so the opinion of someone who likes it will be of more use.

It's a plot detail from a 17 year old story, I don't care.

Darth Vader is Luke's father, Frodo throws the ring into the Crack of Doom, and everything in the Bible is bullshit. Spoiler alert.

Just be glad I didn't spoil the only noteworthy moment of season 3.

Watch season 3. I thought it was worth it. I was watching with headphones on the other night coz the kids were asleep and you can hear crickets chirping and shit.

Fucking crickets!

The level of detail and polish it pretty outstanding for a TV show. there are a lot of movies without that level of interest by their creators.

• Like 1

Almost finished the first book. I've read this genre for books my whole life but had never heard of these until the tv show.

• Like 1

lol, i somehow got to this from your video hussain in the same window. Was pretty funny to watch drogo and the hound's new found connection lmao. Maisie is annoying though.

(contains early season spoilers).

On another note, this was pretty funny.

*WARNING*

Major season 3 spoilers in this clip btw.

The one after this should be ever better, dat book 5 was good shit. Also, huge fucking cliffhanger and the end, I read the book like 2 years ago and still have those last pages printed in memory.

• Like 2