I doubt a July release personally. To me, March-May seems sensible, but to Rockstar that actually means June-August because of their notorious reputation for delaying every anticipated game possible.

I figure there has to be at least one more trailer and they'd want to give people a couple of months to post about it and discuss it before releasing the game. I think it's reasonable to expect a new trailer before the end of October. It's been a long enough wait. I don't know how many trailers they'll have, though. With that said, I feel a March release is plausible.

If it was October, it would be a 2 year gap between the announcement and release. I'm curious, is that normal? Or what is the normal length? From official announcements up to the release date. That's a lot of time, meaning they would have a considerably large amount of time to improve the game if they could produce a gameplay trailer in 2011 then spend 2 years improving the game. If that was the case, they would've been working on the game for... Just over 5 years, which should mean it will be above decent.

In August 2007, we found out that the game had been delayed until April 2008. It took three and a half years to create GTA IV, including breaking in the new game engine and implementing the Euphoria physics/animation technology. Eventually, the game was released as promised in April 2008 - 2 years after the official announcement.

http://www.igta5.com/release-date#comments

And then RDR, LAN, and MP3 completely mess things up since they were all in development after announcements for longer than that (although RDR had a complete makeover from the demo shown years ago).

This is all very depressing to me haha

Is it possible to 'wipe' GTA V from a massive GTA fan's mind?

I wish I could forget about this game, especially hearing that it is possible for it to be released in October 2013... That wait would kill me.

I start my 2nd year at uni in a few weeks, at least that will be a distraction. I'm literally checking everyday for new GTA news lol.

Positives; We could guarantee the game will be crazily good if they're going to develop the game all the way until Oct 2013

If it was October, it would be a 2 year gap between the announcement and release. I'm curious, is that normal? Or what is the normal length? From official announcements up to the release date. That's a lot of time, meaning they would have a considerably large amount of time to improve the game if they could produce a gameplay trailer in 2011 then spend 2 years improving the game. If that was the case, they would've been working on the game for... Just over 5 years, which should mean it will be above decent.

I'm hoping for early 2013, but that seems less and less plausible. At least they'll have time to fine-tune it.

^What he said. Not legit.

That said, I do expect a Q4 2012 release - Take-Two Interactive's 2012 fiscal year actually ends March 31, 2013. Investor guidance suggests something huge is coming before then. So a release sometime in early March might make sense.

<shrug>

not quite right.

according to their investor reports, T2's fiscal years are ahead, not behind real calender. I can't find the interim reports atm but I find the annual reports, and the report for fiscal 2012 was already relased in may.

so we are now in T2's fiscal 2013 which ends March 31 2013.

You're right, good catch. I was thinking of guidance for FY 2013. I'm still buying into a release early next year until the numbers suggest otherwise.

Just think, in six short weeks we can officially put this October 2012 thing to bed.

Guest Marney-1

Just think, in six short weeks we can officially put this October 2012 thing to bed.

I'm ready to put this thread to bed now.

At the rate we've gone so far, I wouldn't be surprised if on October 30, someone on here is still calling for an October 31 release.

At the rate we've gone so far, I wouldn't be surprised if on October 30, someone on here is still calling for an October 31 release.

NOV 1st release here!!

Let's look at Rockstar's major title releases for the last 5 years...

2008 - GTA IV - April

2009 - GTA TLAD - Feb, GTA CTW - March, GTA TBOGT - October (Not really MAJOR releases)

2010 - Red Dead - May

2011 - L.A Noire - May

2012 - Max Payne 3 - May

Hmmm, so that must mean that GTA V will be coming out in... OCTOBER 2012! IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! :luis:

• Like 1

Guest Marney-1

Let's look at Rockstar's major title releases for the last 5 years...

2008 - GTA IV - April

2009 - GTA TLAD - Feb, GTA CTW - March, GTA TBOGT - October (Not really MAJOR releases)

2010 - Red Dead - May

2011 - L.A Noire - May

2012 - Max Payne 3 - May

Hmmm, so that must mean that GTA V will be coming out in... OCTOBER 2012! IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! :luis:

I'm rather impressed that you knew when to use our 'Luis Zelaya' emoticon.

• Like 1

people on facebook are still predicting october... that's next month, and we haven't even gotten an official release trailer, or know anything about the game at all... i would believe october 2013, but not 2012...

like what the newbie above said, may is the ideal month for R* releases, i've predicted that month since the beginning because of their track record...

Guest Marney-1

people on facebook are still predicting october... that's next month, and we haven't even gotten an official release trailer, or know anything about the game at all... i would believe october 2013, but not 2012...

like what the newbie above said, may is the ideal month for R* releases, i've predicted that month since the beginning because of their track record...

Yeah I'd say March at the earliest, May at the latest - but I think it may be April.

I could be wrong though. < I hate it when peope say that.

As long as it's not May 24th, I'm happy. Not going to deal with that shit again.

Sadly it has potential (for Europe at least since it's a Friday). And then all the retards will be screaming how it really was hidden in the trailer all this time.

I think Rockstar are smarter than that. Or maybe because the majority of people in this world are retards they'll release it on 24/05 so that they can all feel good about themselves while the people of average intelligence or above would know the truth.

I think Rockstar are smarter than that. Or maybe because the majority of people in this world are retards they'll release it on 24/05 so that they can all feel good about themselves while the people of average intelligence or above would know the truth.

So we're sort of like the 5% nation for GTA?

Yeah, that's pretty much correct. We'll have to overwhelm them with sarcasm and false admittance to how they are right, creating the illusion in their minds that they're the geniuses for spotting a number 99% of people who watched the trailer saw, seeing significance in it because everyone else does.