Hey y'all. I have some information that many of you have been waiting for. A friend of mine has access to something called the "Deep Web" which is the black market internet; FBI can't monitor it. Anyway, he said he found information from Rockstar itself on there and it said the release date for GTA 5 is May 1st, 2012. I took part in the "Guess the Release Date Competition" and submitted 05/01/2012 as my official guess. If my friend wasn't bullshittin' me and the game will be released then, I could win a free copy of the game. My friend also stated that there will NOT be a 2nd trailer, and that Dan Houser isn't revealing more info because he wants the first trailer and lack of info about the game to get people wondering and then just release the game. So the Deep Web says Dan Houser is gonna give us the game b4 Max Payne 3. If I'm wrong, I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up. This is just something I heard from my friend. He has access to the Deep Wen, if anyone knows what that even is. I've never seen it for myself, but I know it exists.

I've heard of the "Deep Web." I don't know much on it but I heard it's very good. I'm hoping this is real, even if it's not though, nice post and atleast you're not trying to shove it down our throats:p

As everyone else has said, you have no proof that it is 87% done, and most of the stuff you said is unconfirmed rumor shit.

I'm very aware it's rumors and probably nothing more than that. But lots of people including myself expect Rockstar to have it completed at that percentage. I read 87% somewhere but it's probably more of a rough guess.

As everyone else has said, you have no proof that it is 87% done, and most of the stuff you said is unconfirmed rumor shit.

I'm very aware it's rumors and probably nothing more than that. But lots of people including myself expect Rockstar to have it completed at that percentage. I read 87% somewhere but it's probably more of a rough guess.

87% is kind of such a random number dude, it could perfectly be a 70% or 80% or no % what we are looking at is a game that according to the trailer looks near completion, but that according to the trailer, we are also ignoring to see that missions and other features do not appear on the trailer.

we have no idea whether the trailers is an early work or if it is something they just made on the moment. you have to realize how difficult it has to be to make the scripts for the game, in the game engine so when you fly in a helicopter some random dude called roman calls you asking you if you want to go bowling.

@nobody special, the original post was about why would the game "be released on October"

Walking into blockbusters to pre order max payne 3 so that i have something to play while we wait for gta v and it says gta v release date : 26.10.12 So thumbs up! Yay!

87% is kind of such a random number dude, it could perfectly be a 70% or 80% or no % what we are looking at is a game that according to the trailer looks near completion, but that according to the trailer, we are also ignoring to see that missions and other features do not appear on the trailer.

we have no idea whether the trailers is an early work or if it is something they just made on the moment. you have to realize how difficult it has to be to make the scripts for the game, in the game engine so when you fly in a helicopter some random dude called roman calls you asking you if you want to go bowling.

@nobody special, the original post was about why would the game "be released on October"

You've deffinetly got a point. 87% is deffinetly a random number but it's the rough guess people including myself are making. I actually heard somewhere that the script would be alot bigger and more detailed than L:A NOIRE. But it could be rumors....Hope that's true though.

• Like 1

You've deffinetly got a point. 87% is deffinetly a random number but it's the rough guess people including myself are making. I actually heard somewhere that the script would be alot bigger and more detailed than L:A NOIRE. But it could be rumors....Hope that's true though.

then again most of what people have guessed was wrong. before the trailer was even out people started posting random shit, and most posts out there were practical nonsense, the game could perfectly be 100% completed, and R* in its efforts to gain major profit are pushing it before christmas, although it is most likely not what is happening, it is as possible as the game being 87% which in real life settings is a number that doesn't represent anything, is not like a cake you are cooking and is 87% completely cooked, realize that if the devs decide they should add more stuff into the game then that 87% is meaningless.

now if you are speaking about the development of the map, that you guys are estimating that the map is 87% done, then that is a more viable estimation as we are talking about a specific input from the game. But what we can observe is that the map is the first thing R* worked on, and as stated by them (I am lazy to provide the source but they said it) the map is the first thing they worked on, then they added the bullshit to it.

so that 87% is really a stupid guess on nothing meaningful. of course you can think what you want, but you see now how that number really doesn't mean anything but the absurd necessity of people to justify a early release date on the game.

Guest Marney1

It's in their system just to have a date in there so people will hand over their money for a pre-order. We've known that for a while.

How many times has that been said? ^

Plenty. Unfortunately the constant stream of new members brings in people (or kiddies as the case would be) who are not aware of previous happenings both recently and long term for the GTA series or the gaming industry as a whole. We can put up info pages, news, and say it here in the forums hundreds of times but that will not stop certain individuals from glancing over what's in front of them and disregard what has been said. The same applies to "leaks" and other informative (or lack of) discussions.

@Ku Zi: If your posts are gone, they were deleted for a reason. Stop spamming in every single topic or you'll be suspended.

Hey y'all. I have some information that many of you have been waiting for. A friend of mine has access to something called the "Deep Web" which is the black market internet; FBI can't monitor it. Anyway, he said he found information from Rockstar itself on there and it said the release date for GTA 5 is May 1st, 2012. I took part in the "Guess the Release Date Competition" and submitted 05/01/2012 as my official guess. If my friend wasn't bullshittin' me and the game will be released then, I could win a free copy of the game. My friend also stated that there will NOT be a 2nd trailer, and that Dan Houser isn't revealing more info because he wants the first trailer and lack of info about the game to get people wondering and then just release the game. So the Deep Web says Dan Houser is gonna give us the game b4 Max Payne 3. If I'm wrong, I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up. This is just something I heard from my friend. He has access to the Deep Wen, if anyone knows what that even is. I've never seen it for myself, but I know it exists.

I've heard of the "Deep Web." I don't know much on it but I heard it's very good. I'm hoping this is real, even if it's not though, nice post and atleast you're not trying to shove it down our throats:p

its real.

Damn, that's probably the biggest lie i've ever heard in my entire life

.... :luis:

NO! GET OUT

rockstar did clue in to their process. they said that they would start with the location, then the protagonist and then the story line. starting from the beginning of that, and building up from there. id say just a little more than 3/5's of the game is done. the mission and cut-scene implications, multiplayer, and bug termination. they also said a while ago that they were making goo progress. but, it the game come out in October, which it most like will, then it will really just be a bonus. waiting until next year is only going to upset the little kids who shouldn't even be playing the game but do anyway because their dumb parents don't understand the ratings.

then again most of what people have guessed was wrong. before the trailer was even out people started posting random shit, and most posts out there were practical nonsense, the game could perfectly be 100% completed, and R* in its efforts to gain major profit are pushing it before christmas, although it is most likely not what is happening, it is as possible as the game being 87% which in real life settings is a number that doesn't represent anything, is not like a cake you are cooking and is 87% completely cooked, realize that if the devs decide they should add more stuff into the game then that 87% is meaningless.

now if you are speaking about the development of the map, that you guys are estimating that the map is 87% done, then that is a more viable estimation as we are talking about a specific input from the game. But what we can observe is that the map is the first thing R* worked on, and as stated by them (I am lazy to provide the source but they said it) the map is the first thing they worked on, then they added the bullshit to it.

so that 87% is really a stupid guess on nothing meaningful. of course you can think what you want, but you see now how that number really doesn't mean anything but the absurd necessity of people to justify a early release date on the game.

Well yeah, thinking of it now. That 87% could mean anything or nothing. And as you said, the game could actually be 100% complete, maybe Rockstar are just trying to get a release date.

You made a good point on the map. Rockstar always tends to start developing the map first. It may not be 87% complete, but hopefully it's not far from that.

rockstar did clue in to their process. they said that they would start with the location, then the protagonist and then the story line. starting from the beginning of that, and building up from there. id say just a little more than 3/5's of the game is done. the mission and cut-scene implications, multiplayer, and bug termination. they also said a while ago that they were making goo progress. but, it the game come out in October, which it most like will, then it will really just be a bonus. waiting until next year is only going to upset the little kids who shouldn't even be playing the game but do anyway because their dumb parents don't understand the ratings.

LOL.

Yeah i asked the man and he said that's an overall date when it should come out.

I love how you think that it's the confirmed release but the second someone says it isn't you act like you knew that

Well it looks like I was right about the October release date.

And although we keep saying each store has to have a made up release in the system you keep on insisting it's October because Coxy the cock sucker said some guy at block buster said it. Are you two mentally disabled?

If it doesn't come out in october. It surely has to come in December anyway. That's what it says on Tesco's website. I don't know if that's right but I sure hope so.

do any of you think there is probably a clue we are missing out, I mean a bunch of the stuff shown in the trailers was somewhere either in gta IV or some random bullshit website.

If it means anything...I found lines in which trams go along in the trailer. A video on YouTube shows it. So hopefully we can drive trams as well as planes!!

do any of you think there is probably a clue we are missing out, I mean a bunch of the stuff shown in the trailers was somewhere either in gta IV or some random bullshit website.

If it means anything...I found lines in which trams go along in the trailer. A video on YouTube shows it. So hopefully we can drive trams as well as planes!!

Proof! Youtube videos regarding "news" are 95% of the time bullshit, and about 99.9% when it comes to GTA.