Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

Wii2 and possible GTA5 rumour.

According to 01net Nintendo are working on code-name "Project Cafe" which is going to be a Wii 2 or along the lines of a new console due for release in 2012. Another rumour which adds more depth to this, is that they have a big development team involved... R* Games.

Here's a quote from joystiq:

The "Wii 2" rumors are raging again, for sure, but now they're in danger of burning out of control -- so let's backtrack. After delivering some spot-on NGP specs days before Sony's official unveiling ceremony, French tech site 01net earned its web cred. That's why the games media took notice (and some even corroborated) when the wonder site reignited the Wii successor rumors last Thursday, and then tossed in some more fuel the following day.

This week, 01net has come out with another intriguing report about Nintendo's supposed next console: Rockstar's on board. The site's sources claim that the Grand Theft Auto creator is the first confirmed company to secure a developer unit of the new Nintendo hardware. The sources add that the system, said to be codenamed "Project Cafe," is expected to be released in June 2012. And here's where the rumor starts to grow more wild.

Gamekyo somewhat carelessly throws out there that Grand Theft Auto 5 is also rumored for 2012 -- is it? (There's at least been some recent evidence that the next GTA is in the works.) And then, GoNintendo fits it all together: "Rockstar has a dev kit [...] working on GTA V (which is sure to hit PS3/360 as well) [...] hoping to have it available at launch." Eureka? Not quite.

But, boy, if Nintendo is on the verge of announcing the one console to rule them all and has a Rockstar logo to flaunt during the presentation? Talk about printing money ...

Via: joystiq

Source: 01net

So do you think this is an elaborate rumour or a possible good find? And Do you think this is in any way related to GTA V?

If R* do indeed release GTA V on the Wii 2, or anything of the sort I will lose all faith in them. GTA is a game that should never - and I repeat never - be seen on the Wii. Hopefully this is bullshit, which i'm pretty certain it is.

GTA doesn't need catchy, bandwagonish spin-off games that cheapen the series, I can imagine the GTA games on a Wii; GTA Karts, GTA Golf, GTA Fitness, GTA Dancing... etc.

Lol i think the GTA V is a bit too ambitious, unless Nintendo sneak out a top-end gaming device -- Wii 2. Which i would kind of like to be honest.

Nintendo have just bowed out of the console war with the wii and taken the "social gaming" route which sucks for most gamers. But a new console would be good right now especially if it's better than the ps3 or the 360, because that'll give those corp giants a change of strategy and could progress console evolution a bit earlier than expected!

If "project cafe" is a wii 2, then this could change a lot.

/end of rant

GTA on Wii? Bullshit. Nintendo barely touches the M-rated market, and I'm pretty sure R* said they wouldn't jump on the bandwagon for these gimmicky Wii games. I very clearly remember Sam Houser saying "Fuck all this casual gaming bullshit," but I don't remember where he said it, and those shitty Facebook games I keep hearing about are the only thing more casual than Wii games.

GTA on Wii? Bullshit. Nintendo barely touches the M-rated market, and I'm pretty sure R* said they wouldn't jump on the bandwagon for these gimmicky Wii games. I very clearly remember Sam Houser saying "Fuck all this casual gaming bullshit," but I don't remember where he said it, and those shitty Facebook games I keep hearing about are the only thing more casual than Wii games.

RDR had a facebook game...

He might not like casual games, but if theres money, i'm sure he will follow the money. I would.

He might not like casual games, but if theres money, i'm sure he will follow the money. I would.

Maybe with casual gaming getting so big, R* could someday be a little hard up for cash, but I would hope they would stick to their guns and keep making original games like Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire for real consoles instead of making a gimmicky, casual version of GTA for Nintendo. If I ran a game company, I'd let it fall apart, or dismantle it myself, before I let it turn into something I hate.

If the time comes when Rockstar can't make money off of what they're doing now, then the gaming industry is as good as dead.

If the rumours are true, It will be a sequel to that tennis game R* made.

Now that I could see happening. A motion-control version of a ping pong game is much more realistic than tarnishing GTA's good name.

Yeah basically the whole motion thing is what I was thinking. Realistically since the Wii is "stepping up", so would the games. Just instead of making their own new/better looking tennis, they just take Rockstar's new one. :P

I really dont see what the big deal is, The "wii 2" has been said to have better graphics then the ps3 which would make it an ideal platform for a new gta.

The discussion isn't strictly about power/capabilities. The Wii has some mature titles but overall is geared more towards kiddies and casual gamers who are too afraid to think about shooting virtual cops and the sight of drugs makes them sick.

• Like 1

Nintendo is going hardcore.

The are already been 20 rumors just of GTA V on Project Cafe/Nintendo Feel/Nintendo Stream.

I hate the nintendo wii.

But if i read all these rumors i'm almost 100 % sure that GTA will be released before 2013 and on a nintendo console.