Sign in to follow this  
TwoFacedTanner

Protagonist Revisited

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I have been playing GTAIV and its episodes, and it made me think about this.

Now, I know it isn't going to happen, but if you had the choice who would you like to play as again and why?

My pick is Johnny K.

He is definitely my favorite of the three, and out of the three, he seems he has the most reason to leave Liberty City. His gang is pretty much gone, there isn't a clubhouse, his best friend died, he live in a shit hole, the girl he loves is so hooked on meth shes not there anymore. His life went down the tubes. Hell, the man didn't even own another outfit. haha

Whereas Niko has all his friends, three apartments, his cousin's cab business(if Roman is alive) and his choice of ladies.

Luis? Luis is in the same boat as Niko, he had a hard time, but came out on top.

I could see Johnny joining a Vice City/Los Santos/Fierro/Venturas chapter of The Lost, or even starting a new club all together...or maybe not, maybe he takes his life in a new direction.

Anyway, enough about my opinion, I want to hear yours.

• Like 1

Johnny Klebitz, definately the coolest character out of the three. It would be good to see him start up a new MC or even go back in time and show him starting off as a hang around and rising through the ranks in The Lost.

Johnny. I think he's best suited for a prequel. I'd rather see him in the early days, rising through the ranks, than trying to rebuild the club or start a new one. Then again, old, bitter, grizzled Johnny could probably kick the younger Johnny's ass, so it's a tough choice.

I do miss the days when you could just go out and fuck shit up without asking a bunch of questions about the mission. I would probably hate Niko if I went back and replayed GTA III.

I do miss the days when you could just go out and fuck shit up without asking a bunch of questions about the mission. I would probably hate Niko if I went back and replayed GTA III.

I already hate Niko, I started hating him when Johnny got introduced...hell, I like Luis more than Niko...I like Rosenberg more than Niko.

I'd just prefer if we started a new protagonist u never no he may better than all three combined(like CJ (Carl Johnson) for example).

CJ? Better than Niko, Johnny, and Luis? You're funny.

• Like 1

I'd just prefer if we started a new protagonist u never no he may better than all three combined(like CJ (Carl Johnson) for example).

CJ? Better than Niko, Johnny, and Luis? You're funny.

He will be the next act at Split Sides no doubt.

You know what GTA have never done, a regular white (American, assuming it's in America) guy. It's always been something different. Foreigners, black hoodlums, they've tapped into Asians with Chinatown wars, Italian Mafiosi's (maybe not a real word), what kind of name is Claude...where this motherfucker from.....Johnny was Jewish, before you get into all that...

And then instead of blaming gangs, drugs, guns, terrorism and everything else... if it's just a white guy, the in-game media will merely portray him as someone having a bad day who needs to be given a chance.

Is there such a thing as a "regular" American? Everyone has some ethnic background or another, whether it be Germanic, Hispanic etc. I would class Tommy, Johnny, Claude, CJ and Luis as regular Americans. Niko is the only one who has been a true foreigner IMO.

Yeah Claude (presumably), Tommy, and Johnny are as non-foreign as it gets. :D How "foreign" you are in America is related to how long your family has been here. Now as for someone being "regular", I think we need these characters to be more than an average citizen to keep up with some of Rockstar's plot lines and over-the-top missions.

• Like 1

Yeah Claude (presumably), Tommy, and Johnny are as non-foreign as it gets. :D How "foreign" you are in America is related to how long your family has been here. Now as for someone being "regular", I think we need these characters to be more than an average citizen to keep up with some of Rockstar's plot lines and over-the-top missions.

X'zact'lee. We don't want a fat, sweaty, four-eyed computer nerd as a protagonist do we?

Yeah, terrorist jokes aside, it would be interesting to see a Middle Eastern main character. I would want him to be a Muslim, but not a devout follower or extremist, just a character who acknowledges that he's of a certain faith without making it part of the story. Rockstar would never hear the end of it if they had a devout Muslim firing rpg's at helicopters, but just having someone of Middle Eastern descent as the main character wouldn't be a problem.

If any game developer could be intelligent enough to explore and parody a certain group without going so far as to offend them, R* could do it. I think handling a Muslim in the same way they handled a homosexual with Gay Tony would work perfectly.

I imagine they would have an elder as a sort of mentor to the main character, and if they did make his religion a part of the game, perhaps he would be struggling with staying true to his faith and doing the things he is having to do.

^.....hahaha

Anyway, I voted for Johnny. Niko was a bitch, and Luis, although cool, didn't feel like a character that had much story left in him. And he was too much of a big fruit to me.

As for the Islamic protagonist, how about R* kill two birds with one stone and make the main character an Islamic activist from the Xinjang province (correction: autonomous region) in China, who's on the run from Chinese authorities? With heavy Chinese accent, and strong faith, it couldn't possible fail.

"I come to America to spread the word of Arrah, and now da authorities are arfter me ohohawhawhaw *sobs*"

• Like 1

icon11.gif

I say Johnny. He has the most reason to keep committing crimes. Plus I found him to be the funniest. The banter of the bikers in TLAD was pretty funny sometimes.

That and I'm a trashy biker wannabe so I can live my fantasies through it him, lol.