Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I find Bosmer boring, they are supposedly good at archery. So what? I can play as any race and level archery up relatively quickly. Argonians are too similar to Khajiit in terms of their style, sneaking and thieving.

Does anybody bother to use the special race powers? The only one I used regularly was the Khajiit night eye, mainly because it can be used infinitely. All the rest I don't bother with after the first few tries - I can't be bothered swapping from Unrelenting Force to use it.

i only completed the main story and civil war quest on my one main file... with my secondary file it didn't seem fit to care about the war or the pending doom of dragons... she was too distracted by shiny objects in peoples homes...

being that my first file was a heroic man of men, he tore through all the main quests in both stories, and in most of the side quests except for the thieves guild and dark brotherhood... i fought for ulfred and the stormcloaks, and as a breton warrior no less...

my sneak thief assassin had no part in any of that... she was a bosmer archer and only cared about the thieves guild and dark brotherhood... which will make playing the dragonborn DLC kind of pointless with her... she might get into dawnguard though...

fuck, i am excited to play again!!

You only have two different playthroughs? I'm on about my eighth or ninth, although a lot of those are duplicates of my previous games I had on my old PS3 that went up the spout. If I recall correctly they were (in order;)

Old PS3:

Dunmer jack of all trades - played/completed mages guild storyline, thieves guild storyline, main story and civil war for Imperials. (First game, I didn't know what I was doing.)

Nord warrior - completed companions, main story and civil war (Stormcloaks duh.)

Altmer mage - completed mages guild and main storyline.

Khajiit thief/sneaky honky - completed thieves guild and DB storyline

I started a female Imperial one handed warrior and a Breton melee/magic user sometime before my PS3 stopped working.

New PS3:

Altmer mage - duplicate from above

Khajiit thief - duplicate from above

Breton melee/magic user - duplicate from above, (didn't get far with this one as I got Skyrim on the PC soon after and carried it on from that.)

Orc two handed warrior - I was originally going to redo my Nord warrior but decided to go with an Orc at the last minute, completed main story, civil war for Stormcloaks.

Female Imperial one handed warrior/magic user - duplicate from above... sort of. Currently playing this one, only doing civil war storyline and mages guild.

i created a couple of other characters but didn't go very far with them... i made an unstable orc bruiser, and an evil dark elf wizard... there's another character sprinkled in there somewhere too... but i think i only logged maybe 10 hours on each file... i put well over 300 hours into my main breton warrior, and almost 200 hours into my silent assassin...

It's out on PC, not PS3. Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard release on the 12th, 19th, and 26th in America, and the 13th, 20th, and 27th, in the UK, respectively. Fuck knows why you Brits have to wait an extra 24 hours.

I'm wondering if Hearthfire is worth the download. I can find better houses on the Skyrim Nexus, but the additional features might make it worth it. Adoption, for example.

I wish I could adopt Babette... :fap:

Do it! And make me some mods. :fap:

In other news, shortly before beginning my journey to Solstheim, I discovered that the raise zombie spells do, in fact, work on any dead thing, not just reasonable dead things.

*Walks off with undead chicken companion*

It's out on PC, not PS3. Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard release on the 12th, 19th, and 26th in America, and the 13th, 20th, and 27th, in the UK, respectively. Fuck knows why you Brits have to wait an extra 24 hours.

I'm wondering if Hearthfire is worth the download. I can find better houses on the Skyrim Nexus, but the additional features might make it worth it. Adoption, for example.

I wish I could adopt Babette... :fap:

For me, collecting materials and building my house was the best part of Hearthfire. The house itself was pretty boring. Certainly nowhere as good as the houses on the Nexus.

Hey, all. I have yet to play this game or any of the Elder Scrolls titles. Since I'd rather not read a description written by the developers, and 70% of the Amazon reviews are about the shipping speed, I'd like some of the fans in here to give me a description and their opinion of it. I loved Fallout and the stories those games told, and I understand that Fallout and The Elder Scrolls share similar gameplay mechanics, but vastly different plots and settings. I'm not particularly a fan of the fantasy genre, but several friends of mine made the same claim and still enjoyed adored obsessed over Skyrim. Reading through some of the posts in here, I'm not sure if it'll be something I can enjoy getting into. If anyone's got a different idea, please let me know. :)

So if anyone's willing to give me a rundown of story, gameplay, etc., I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I didn't think i would be a fan either, but then i found it hard to put down after i started doing small quests for people around the first areas (Riverwood, Whiterun). I'd go into more detail but i dont have the energy to put into words all the great things about this game. I will say my favorite part about it is the fact that there are so many different ways to play through it based on character choice and play style.

so i fired this up last night to get reaquianted with the controls... i forgot how bad ass my breton warrior was... i hiked up to a dragon lair wearing nothing but ragged clothes... killed the blood dragon with two hits and barely lost any health... my biggest thing to get used to again is navigation... too many times i didn't see enemies until they saw me... that's not gonna fly in the new areas for dragonborn...

tomorrow baby!! unless it's delayed, which actually wouldn't be a surprise to me... at all...

Hey, all. I have yet to play this game or any of the Elder Scrolls titles. Since I'd rather not read a description written by the developers, and 70% of the Amazon reviews are about the shipping speed, I'd like some of the fans in here to give me a description and their opinion of it. I loved Fallout and the stories those games told, and I understand that Fallout and The Elder Scrolls share similar gameplay mechanics, but vastly different plots and settings. I'm not particularly a fan of the fantasy genre, but several friends of mine made the same claim and still enjoyed adored obsessed over Skyrim. Reading through some of the posts in here, I'm not sure if it'll be something I can enjoy getting into. If anyone's got a different idea, please let me know. :)

So if anyone's willing to give me a rundown of story, gameplay, etc., I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I had never played an ES game before this. I am not generally a fan of fantasy games either, at least not ones that involves wizards, trolls and elves. It was one of those many games - like AC - that I was oblivious to, I don't really keep track of all the new games coming out and Skyrim was no exception. I started hearing people raving about it on here after its release, Psy especially - not to mention the Skyrim-related status updates, so in the end I decided to venture into this topic and see what all the fuss was about. After a bit of convincing I decided to buy it and have a go. Countless hundreds of hours and still playing over a year later, the rest is history.

TL;DR

Fucking buy it.

Also;

I don't think i'll become that attached to this game. It's alright, but I can't engage with it thus far. We'll see how my opinion changes after more than four hours of playing.

Lol, those four hours came and went... how wrong I was.

Yeah, just don't expect to know what's going on for the first few hours. Sit in a quiet room, close the door, (optional; have a wank,) load it up and try to take in as much of it as possible. There are multilayered plots at work in the opening scene, so you'll have Stormcloaks, Imperials, dragons, Thalmor and mead with juniper berries in coming out of your arse. You probably won't absorb it all in your first playthrough, I didn't.

Try to think of what style of play you want to use though; do you want to use melee, magic or a combination of both? Do you want to sneak around like a muh'fuckah or run in hacking and slashing? That will govern what race you choose to play as. If you want a good all rounder i'd suggest a Breton or a Dark Elf to begin with, i'm sure the others will offer their own ideas and thoughts too.

breton is a great choice for a warrior/tank style, it's what my original character is... their automatic magic resistance (25% i think) makes it easier early on when you're faced with wizards and people that try to put spells on you... plus, in the end, they can really round out nicely into a true warrior...

here's a place to break down the character classes to help you better decide on a race... think about the style of play you want to do and find a race that best matches up with those skills...

http://elderscrolls....es_%28Skyrim%29

this website will be all you need to play this game... stuck?? look up the area or the quest here...

http://elderscrolls....com/wiki/Skyrim

bookmark it... plus, you have us for when you have questions... work on smithing as much as possible early on... it's one of the most important skills in skyrim, no matter what race you choose for your character... all weapons and armor can be created with this skill, and all weapons are armor can be improved with this skill... also, bring a pickaxe with you when you first get your hands on one... caves all across skyrim hold ore just waiting to be mined for smithing...

• Like 2

And remember you don't have to do missions, you don't have to do anything. You can spend hours exploring, clearing dungeons etc. Hunting animals to level up skills and collect their pelts is what I find best to do first thing.

• Like 2

have a wank

breton is also the name of a cracker brand

982BretonCrackers.jpg

Gunny, if you liked Fallout, getting Skyrim is a no-brainer. Why don't you borrow a friend's copy and give it a trial run first?

^That's what I was thinking when I first heard someone describe Skyrim to me. It sounded like medieval Fallout.

Thanks, everyone! Now I just have to find somewhere to pick it up cheap and used. And then...

at-dawn-we-ride.jpg

unfortunately here in the states, it's still going for nearly $60... a year later and it's still expensive... but when you think about it, this is one of the rare few games that pack so much into it that you could easily pay $100 for it still...

EDIT: there's a new update on the PS3, getting us ready for the DLC... fucking christ, there's a ton of new trophies to get... looks like i'll be busy for a couple of months then...