Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

icon11.gif

Well the monster mod ads like 70 new enemies lol.

They are all offshoots of existing enemies. Just new models pretty much. But it's still fucking awesome to see such a new variety.

The thing with the sneaking and the dumb AI always reminds me of the original MGS.

*knock knock*

"Huh, what was that noise? Hmm..."

"Who's footprints are these?"

Oh gee, maybe there's an intruder, but they just go back to their posts and don't say anything to anyone...

It is worth getting. I had never played an ES game before and I was hooked, I spent all of my free time playing it.

I bought it in a sale just before Christmas for £22.50. Well over 100 hours later I'd say it was money well spent.

Definitely buy. Bethesda hasn't caught the 'launch a new game every year' bug... yet. Though they do like releasing lots of DLC, there's plenty of content in the original game to keep you occupied.

Got it. Played for about 1 hour. I'm a cat whose just got to whiterun, i liked riverwood though, didn't really want to leave. :wub:

Once you get out there you won't be going back to Riverwood much. If you're playing as a Khajiit you might be going the thief route, in which case you'll want to head south east to Riften. If however you haven't developed a character yet or are confused by everything like I was when I first began you might just want to kill a few wolves and deer to level up and make a bit of money. Just stay away from bears and sabre cats at earlier levels or you'll be reloading a lot.

Bought this yesterday after 1 week of severe withdrawals from the initial rental. Starting a new file tonight I've decided after reading through this thread and discovering things I should have taken advantage of early on. Any huge differences in choosing sides in the initial location when the dragon shows up?

Not really. Pick whoever you prefer. The Stormcloaks are brutal-yet-noble warriors, but are racist as shit, and the Imperials are a bunch of uptight assholes who want to outlaw worship of one of the gods and have golden elf cock firmly lodged in their throat. So, whichever of those appeals to you.

So I just traveled to Windhelm to join the Stormcloaks after completing the smithing tutorial in Riverwood, fucking bandits up the ass with my iron war axe and collecting pelts from every animal i came across (I imagine they will come in handy?) How powerful is this Ice Wraith they speak of?

Guest Marney-1

I've really got to immerse myself into this game again. It's a brilliant place to get lost in.

animal pelts can be turned into leather for smithing... it's a very important part of crafting weapons and armor since most need it in some shape or form... since you don't have a place to store them yet, it's best to craft leather boots and gauntlets to sell, to make room in your inventory...

and ice wraiths are tough to fight early on, they're hard to hit for archers and pack a nice attack for those that have to get close... and they're pretty good at spotting you... they're nothing in the later levels...

Level 12 Nord.

Smithing and enchanting have played an extreme role in leveling. I believe it was Stoic that mentioned in the earlier posts that he recieved an acheivement with alot of gamerscore points behind it for taking down a dragon on the 360. In order for that to happen, would it just have to be YOU fighting it with no assitance?

I think as long as you get the killing blow and absorb the soul it should count. I've noticed if an NPC kills the dragon sometimes you don't absorb the soul.

I delivered the killing blow in a dramatic fashion (with cutscene of me on top of dragon's head, etc..etc.) But I had help with defeating it. I looked through the thread to see if I could find the post I was talking about, but maybe it was just my imagination.

What about giants? Around what level is it easy to fight them? I was beating one up pretty good (I'm only level 19) but then he stepped on me and I was about the height of a modern jetliner.

Myself and a companion of mine were lighting one up with arrows yesterday (level 9 at the time I believe) and he just stood there taking it until his health got about a quarter of the way down (glitched I believe), then lunged at us. Almost had him at 1/4 health while shooting/running, then he clobbered me sky-high. But I didn't find it too difficult to keep myself out of harms way for a majority of the exchange.