Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

if you guys are playing as nord warriors, i suggest working on your smithing skills right away... don't forget to break down the pelts you've collected from animals, and start creating leather armors at a forge... and if you've found some iron ore or ingots, make iron armor and weapons... the smithing tree is really important for the warrior class, and it doesn't hurt to carry a pickaxe with you on your journey to collect those ores...

most of your important skills will level as you explore caves and the wilderness, but smithing must be done back at camp...

• Like 1

Bought Dawnguard on Saturday. Main quest was a little short (it's virtually the same whether you play as a vampire or a member of the Dawnguard, I chose vampire) but I like the new Vampire Lord mechanic and Dragonbone weapons.

From what I've played I can't say it was necessarily worth 1600 Microsoft Points but it's good fun. I suppose I'll need to make a new character at some point and play through as a member of the Dawnguard to get the full experience but I can't see it being better than playing as a vampire - I've already done some vampire slaying in the main game, didn't feel the need to do anymore.

Happy to answer any questions if you have any.

if you guys are playing as nord warriors, i suggest working on your smithing skills right away... don't forget to break down the pelts you've collected from animals, and start creating leather armors at a forge... and if you've found some iron ore or ingots, make iron armor and weapons... the smithing tree is really important for the warrior class, and it doesn't hurt to carry a pickaxe with you on your journey to collect those ores...

most of your important skills will level as you explore caves and the wilderness, but smithing must be done back at camp...

The patches severely reduced the amount of skill you gain when creating items at the forge, before creating four iron daggers would increase your skill level. Now it takes ages.

still need to improve it though... it does take ages to reach 100, but it's needed if you want the best armor and weapons... also, don't forget to occasionally enchant some of those daggers when you get any soul gems... not only can you improve enchanting this way, but you can also improve your speech skill by selling the enchanted swords and armor too...

smithing/enchanting/selling, rinse and repeat... it's a way to level those 3 skills, as well as help build your bank roll...

Let it consume you, let it eat away at your very being. It is nice and warm inside once you let it in to your cerebrum. Do not fear it, do not shy away from it, only open yourself unto it.

I've spent around maybe 260ish hours on the game since I got it in around January. It's time consuming fo' sho'. Next big game for me will be AC III.

I'm not to concerned about leveling up tbh. I downloaded the "Warzones: Civil Unrest" mod, and I love to run into battle and kill hundreds of people.

icon11.gif

I'm not to concerned about leveling up tbh. I downloaded the "Warzones: Civil Unrest" mod, and I love to run into battle and kill hundreds of people.

That mod is great when ur done all the quests U wanna do and you just want to killl shit.

It fucked up something with my spawning and a lot of the time when I tried to enter a cave it would crash. Got rid of it cause with my new character Im trying to do quests again and between them all that war is too much lol.

@duff - are the new areas in dawnguard huge?? and is it also taking place in the original skyrim map too or is it all it's own location?

:bones:<{ vote for me!! }

There's nothing massive. There's a Fort, a castle, a mountainous area just outside the normal map, and a couple of new caves/ruins.

There's also a small plane of Oblivion

It's all the original map, although most of it is out to the far sides.

^^ huh?? :huh:...

@duff - meh, i was thinking there was an alternate realm laid over the existing world, in select locations of course... oh well, still looking forward to it, just not as much as i was about a month ago...

ehh, they look no bigger than a giant... and with the animations of a falmer, they'll be crouched down... hopefully they spawn in falmer caves because it would be hilarious watching them get stuck in every doorway and low ceiling...

sorry, i am drunk and didn't realize you said they were the same size as a falmer, i thought they just stole their animation... well those are lame then... PC gaming continues to distance itself from my world...