Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

i still want to create a reguard who wears heavy armor, but fights with a sword and magic at the same time, a jack of all trades... the warrior file was fun, the shadow assassin was fun too, and the mage was mildly entertaining... but i still got the urge to create another character... perhaps i will wait until after dawnguard has been out on the PS3 for a couple months...

yea i still can't figure out why this shit still happens... miscrosoft needs to do stop buying these exclusive 1st rights shit for xbox.... and i still can't figure out why they ignore the PC family since that is where they originated from...

icon11.gif

yea i still can't figure out why this shit still happens... miscrosoft needs to do stop buying these exclusive 1st rights shit for xbox.... and i still can't figure out why they ignore the PC family since that is where they originated from...

No shit. All it does is waste their money and piss of everyone that doesnt have an xbox

I would never play Skyrim on Xbox or PS3, it's so much better on PC with mods and the console to fix some of the literally thousands of bugs in the game.

i still can't justify spending nearly a grand or more on something that involves lots of patching and fixing and troubleshooting when it comes to games, not to mention costly upgrades when i can just buy a console and have every game available fully capable of playing on day 1, with patches coming out when needed.... PCs are no longer worth the money for me... my next PC is gonna be a tablet after my laptop is on the fritz...

:bones:<{ vote for me!! }

icon11.gif

i still can't justify spending nearly a grand or more on something that involves lots of patching and fixing and troubleshooting when it comes to games, not to mention costly upgrades when i can just buy a console and have every game available fully capable of playing on day 1, with patches coming out when needed.... PCs are no longer worth the money for me... my next PC is gonna be a tablet after my laptop is on the fritz...

:bones:<{ vote for me!! }

PC version of skyrim from what I hear is less glitchy than the console versions.

especially when there is a glitch, you can just find a patch for it really dam easily.

that's the problem, your constantly patching and fixing shit on the PCs... the consoles are what they are, less maintenance... you take what they give you... plus it's not like i've EVER had a game-breaking glitch occur... i can handle bugs, but if i had a PC, i would waste countless hours trying to find and fix bugs... i just want to play the damn game, not spend hours trying to find fixes or troubleshooting why it won't run after install, etc etc etc...

i am done with PC gaming... i will play older games, but i am not buying a newer PC to play the games of today... i don't want to have to sink another $100+ when the newer games require a better graphics card... i'd rather game on something where there isn't any maintenance...

to me, PC gaming is dead...

icon11.gif

Well I gotta say glitch wise skyrim is better for PC and not talking PC gamimg as a hole. I've heard of a lot of issues with the ps3 version of skyrim. I've had the same gltiches I've heard about but I could immediatly fix them through some googling isntead of putting up with them.

a bit of the glitches I inflicted myself with mods, but its totally worth a bit of a fuss cause the mods I got going now are stable and fucking amazing

yea, the PS3 has it's issues, but it's not enough to piss me off, they mainly make me LOL anyways... it's been one of the better joys of gaming over all the years... there's nothing like a funny glitch/bug to make you laugh hard... like when i saw a giant dead radscorpion drop right in front of me near jury street metro in fallout 3... i jumped out of my seat scared, but instantly started laughing when i realized what had happened :D...

modding is the only thing i kinda miss... i would ruin my games with all the modding, forcing me to re-install... i ruined the sims 2 at one point with all the mods i had installed... i haven't added any mods to it on my laptop because i just don't want to mess it up anymore...

the sad thing about dawnguard is there's going to be a whole new lengthy list of bugs and glitches to fix... it's really one of the sadder parts of gaming these days... they release buggy products in hopes that the general public helps weed out the problem bugs... it's bullshit really... we get incomplete products and are forced to be the beta testers... dawnguard will be no different i'm afraid, consoles and PC will have to deal with it...

icon11.gif

Yah true.

Good thing about skyrim is you mod it non-destructively. The mods dont replace original game files. They either adds file to the game that can easily be removed or if they do replace, it just loads the mod instead of the original file.

It can fuck your game data up tho if u have script heavy mods that you remove.

I eventually want to get a skill tree mod. theres a bunch out. adds new perks, combines the useless ones to make them more useful. shit like that. I'll probably do that after im happy with my mage and do that with a thief character.

icon11.gif

/\armour looks good. DLC armour?

the perk trees for an assassin thief shouldn't need much tinkering... i found them to be quite effective and rounded out to one hell of a good sneak thief...

Well I did some shit like combine lockpicking with something else to make them more worth while. I know the one I looked at fucked around with speech a lot too cause in this game its fucking retarded.

IDK, make up your own mind... it's all about how you want to play the game... here's a character breakdown for you... read it word for word, because picking the character is the most important part... you can mold them how you want after that, but it helps to have a base to build from... pick the skills you want to master and choose your race based on that...

http://elderscrolls....es_%28Skyrim%29

this should help you in deciding...