Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

i guess that would only bother me if it were for major quests, or ones that gave me items i built my character around... but with the hundreds of quests available, i'm not one to let one bring me down... but yea, i've heard of your issues... unfortunately for me, i still want to create a 2nd character, so i could potentially have another 200 hours in front of me :(...

how many total hours do you think you've logged into skyrim?? i am pushing 200 with my one character...

i do a lot of standing around not knowing what to do... in between quests, or just walking about filling soul gems... i don't know why i am always indecisive in video games... i guess i am always concerned about what the right choice would be for my character... sometimes i spend 5 minutes on which direction to take a quest... is this the good route or bad route?? what are the repercussions??

yea, i waste a lot of time, which is probably why i am nearing only level 40 during those 180-some hours logged...

level 41 for me now, over 200 hours, and i officially have dragon armor now... dat shit is badass!! now i'll be finishing off the murder in windhelm quest, then begin my stormcloack training... yea, i've decided to fight for the freedom of the land, and not the imperialistic ideals of the imperials, even though they probably offer more structure and balance compared to the freewill of the stormcloaks...

either way, the dragonborn will decide the fate of skyrim once again...

how many total hours do you think you've logged into skyrim?? i am pushing 200 with my one character...

Over 200 with my first character, over 100 with my second, about 70 with my third and less than 10 with my fourth.

The bugs are all related to the quests that are centred around that character, because I only chose to do those quests for each specific character. Obviously I never did the Thieves Guild with my Nord tank so there was no chance of that bugging, but it bugged with my thief Khajiit so I cannot join them, making that character and save file almost irrelevant.

First save is bugged where the forts in the civil war quest don't spawn enemy soldiers, making it impossible to claim them. Second save is bugged in the Blood on the Ice quest where the murder never takes place, this is my Nord tank game and I wanted him to have the house in Windhelm for the obvious reasons. Third is bugged where alchemy potions are nerfed, meaning I can't make stronger enchantments for my mage to up his magic-casting abilities. Fourth is bugged in the Thieves Guild quest where Brynjolf just stands there and does fuck all.

So as you can see, each bug is related to the type of character i'm playing with. Which is really fucking annoying.

icon11.gif

The only major bug ive ran into is I can't leave the companion's place without it crashing. I just use a console command to teleport out of it. thats so far the only command ive used too.

I've had a couple of bugs on the ps3 but nothing i care about. Funniest one is just outside whiterun where some guy got stuck in the ground and has now duplicated himself but still doesn't move. He will do though when i go through there with me stormcloaks later on.

My character has just evolved while i play through everything abit of the game at a time so he's abit of everything. Only just started using my magic skills after 90hours and on level 39 but as my Magicka is only at 120 it kinda sucks ass. Depending on the situation i either use my Elven Dagger, Daedric Bow or my Ebony Axe & Shield. I'm pretty much an assassin who can kill at any range but with badass Ebony heavy armour.

the only "almost game-breaker" that really pisses me off are the items stuck in my inventory, taking up space... it wasn't a problem in new vegas because it converted them to 0 lbs. once the quest was completed... but i am stuck with a few items that have weight, like a fucking 4 lb. lute that DOES COUNT against my carry weight... i just got the "equipped heavy armor weighs nothing" perk, which is nice, but those items still take up almost 10 lbs. in wasted inventory space...

kinds sucks... i've also recently notice that my soul trap spell tends to not work at times... i am doing my routine soul trap hunting, and for some reason it doesn't work at times... it's got me scratching my head, but still not a game breaker yet...

Well I turned on Skyrim today and Brynjolf finally decided to move, for some reason turning off the game and loading it back up again was enough to shake him out of his stupor. So now i'm carrying on with my thief playthrough.

I still have Fallout NV sitting on standby although I couldn't really get into that. After playing Skyrim the graphics, HUD and controls feel like a step backwards. *prepares to be annihilated by the combined forces of Massy, bOnEs and Stoic*

the only "almost game-breaker" that really pisses me off are the items stuck in my inventory, taking up space... it wasn't a problem in new vegas because it converted them to 0 lbs. once the quest was completed... but i am stuck with a few items that have weight, like a fucking 4 lb. lute that DOES COUNT against my carry weight... i just got the "equipped heavy armor weighs nothing" perk, which is nice, but those items still take up almost 10 lbs. in wasted inventory space...

kinds sucks... i've also recently notice that my soul trap spell tends to not work at times... i am doing my routine soul trap hunting, and for some reason it doesn't work at times... it's got me scratching my head, but still not a game breaker yet...

I just get a soul trap weapon.

I just get a soul trap weapon.

Yeah, soul trap spells are for proud americans. Even if you don't have double enchantments yet, one of your weapons should have a soul trap on it. Whatever you finish people off with, use that weapon and it automatically collects the soul for you.

i don't want lesser souls filling up grand soul gems because i am hacking n slashing in a battle... i am not wasting a soul trap enchantment on a weapon when i have a good conjuration skill... i carry certain gems, and i drop bigger ones on the ground to trap lesser souls if i have to... the spell is perfect for me, perhaps i will use a soul trapping dagger with my next character... plus, using the spell lasts for 60 seconds, where the weapons tend to only stay active for maybe 10 seconds??

I still have Fallout NV sitting on standby although I couldn't really get into that. After playing Skyrim the graphics, HUD and controls feel like a step backwards. *prepares to be annihilated by the combined forces of Massy, bOnEs and Stoic*

ahh, that's the new shout we all learned... "Mas-Bo-Sto"... it's used to take down non-fallout fans...

i don't want lesser souls filling up grand soul gems because i am hacking n slashing in a battle

You know that dropping a soul gem and picking it up again empties it of any stored souls right?

That's one of the things I didn't know until a while into the game, I also didn't know I could sprint, while running one day I thought "hmmm, I wonder what L2 does..." I also didn't know you could recharge empty enchanted weapons, I kept reading about it but never noticed the option to in the weapon screen. :D

i only drop empty ones... no point in dropping a full one... if i put a soul in it, i might as well use that soul... i am at 87 i think for enchanting so i will use any and all souls, saving the grand souls for enchanting items i want to actually use...

You drop it and pick it back up again, which empties it out if you happen to have a lot of grand soul gems filled with lesser soul.

plus, i don't carry grand soul gems with me... i save them up, then go on a mammoth killing spree in the plains of whiterun to fill a few for enchanting when i need to... the rest of the gems i could care less what's in them, but i try my best to trap corresponding souls into corresponding gems...

i will keep that trick in mind though with my next character... soul trapping might be a big deal for them since i will be using staffs and enchanted weapons a lot...

I don't even know which creatures have which souls, apart from the mammoths obviously. I'm lazy and just buy filled grand soul gems and sell a few 800 septim potions to recoup the cost.

just roam around the plains of whiterun with petty soul gems and common ones... you'll fill up a bunch in no time... bears are common, sabers are lesser, mudcrabs/foxes/deer/wolves are all petty... trolls are common, giants are greater, and of course mammoths are grand souls... i buy up all the petty and lesser souls gems filled/not-filled from merchants... i've got about 50 or so empty petty gems... with the gems i have, i shouldn't have an issue with reaching 100 in the coming days, so long as i can find souls to fill them up with and my stupid spell doesn't spaz out on occasion...