Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I never got to 81, my first playthrough was 63 or so, then I got bored because of the glitches and started a new game. Then that bugged so I started another... you get the idea.

Also, my dragon name is Vulomziisah, taken from heAr.

I didn't stop playing it once I started, hence my absence. I wasn't coming on the PC at all, just went straight on my PS3 whenever I had the chance.

But these bugs have become too much of an annoyance, my latest game with my Khajiit thief is already bugged and i've only been playing it a few hours. Brynjolf is stuck at the Flaggon, i'm meant to be following him into the cistern to confirm my guild membership but he just stands there like a cunt and says "follow me". How can I follow you if you don't fucking move?! I've pushed him, attacked him, left the area and come back and now i'm bored of it.

I've been on a Skyrim hiatus as well. I still need to go see what's up with the quest "The Throat of the World" and finish that aspect of the storyline. Outside of that, I still have Dark Brotherhood quests, Daedric Artifacts to collect and shit to steal for the Thieve's Guild.

I think I am subconciously not playing because I don't want it to be over. I'm waiting for a DLC announcement!

yea, i played assassins creed revelations for a couple of weeks because i needed a break from skyrim... i was literally putting 6 hours into it every night... but now that i am ready to head back to tamriel, i am sure i will be back on that schedule once again :D...

i too still have hours upon countless hours of stuff left to do... finding all the shouts, daedric artifacts, dragon masks, doing the guild quests, civil war quests, and exploring 2 cities that i have yet to visit... it's shocking that i still haven't been to a couple of reaches... i bet there's countless hours of stuff in those towns to do too...

@mass - i like the idea of massive expansion packs... i wouldn't mind spending $20 for 40 more hours of fun to be honest... hell, maybe $30... i hope bethesda isn't trolling this topic... in that case, i'd prefer them be free...

apparently there was a new update for PS3 players a week ago... i am eager to install it and see if it improves my issue with the game... i can put up with the occasional glitch and lol moment, but i cannot tolerate the lag at all...

wow, the new patch is definitely much more stable... i haven't notice any lag during my hour session thus far... level 38, 180 hours in, and checking out the companion stuff... welcome back cadman, skyrim has been expecting you :D...

Yeah the lag/crash problems were resolved long ago, either that or deleting most of my other games save data helped. Now if they would just fix the quest-breaking bugs... I became aware of Bethesda's reputation in this department after playing Skyrim for a week.

not for me they weren't... i was just starting to see the severe lag issue in whiterun before the latest patch came out... now it runs really smooth... i actually skipped over the companion quests, i am now helping out the people of windhelm, trying to solve the crimes of a serial killer... not ready to be a werewolf yet...

but now it's off to work :angry:... stupid work...

not for me they weren't... i was just starting to see the severe lag issue in whiterun before the latest patch came out... now it runs really smooth... i actually skipped over the companion quests, i am now helping out the people of windhelm, trying to solve the crimes of a serial killer... not ready to be a werewolf yet...

but now it's off to work :angry:... stupid work...

Here's something to ruin that quest for you...

The killer isn't Wuunferth the Unliving.

I tried being a werewolf... didn't like it, I find you are too vulnerable to archers without any armour protection and no ranged attack to retaliate. I took the first opportunity to get rid of it when clearing Ysgramor's tomb.

yea, i kinda got that feeling after the quest was over...

i feel like i sent an innocent man to the gallows... not sure how else that quest was suppose to play out, but i also killed some orc in the tavern who was watching a female bard before i was even given the quest... i kinda wonder if he was actually the serial killer since the body looked like it was ravished pretty good...

is there another ending to that quest??

-----------

yea, i might do the werewolf thing later on in my journey... i am still undecided what to do about it ATM... maybe just do the quest, then reverse the curse immediately afterwards... i could see a use for it if i were a mage maybe... since mages are ranged attackers, i could bust out the werewolf when i have to fight ancient draugr's or more up-close creatures... but then again, there's no way of curing oneself when in beast mode, is there??

yea, i kinda got that feeling after the quest was over...

i feel like i sent an innocent man to the gallows... not sure how else that quest was suppose to play out, but i also killed some orc in the tavern who was watching a female bard before i was even given the quest... i kinda wonder if he was actually the serial killer since the body looked like it was ravished pretty good...

is there another ending to that quest??

You don't send anyone to the gallows, he goes to jail in the Palace of the Kings, a few days after that another woman should be murdered. Then the quest resumes and you have to find the real killer, you can bypass all that if you don't accuse Wuunferth to begin with, but it makes little difference. You can speak to Wuunferth in the jail I think and he protests his innocence.

The Orc has nothing to do with the quest, but it's always fun to kill random Orcs anyway. You do have to kill a couple of Orcs for the DB storyline, one is a bard and one is a chef, it might have affected that if you were planning on joining the Dark Brotherhood and had killed them already. Who knows.

oh i knew he was probably rotting away in the local jail... but i didn't know the quest started back up again, i will have to pay a visit to windhelm again soon... i do have a quest or two that were given to me there so i have an excuse to return :D...

killing that orc filled my pandora's box thingy with orc blood so it was beneficial in a sense and justified... plus no one in town seemed to give a shit either, so it was a win-win for me... and besides, he started it :ph34r: ...

yea, i might do the werewolf thing later on in my journey... i am still undecided what to do about it ATM... maybe just do the quest, then reverse the curse immediately afterwards... i could see a use for it if i were a mage maybe... since mages are ranged attackers, i could bust out the werewolf when i have to fight ancient draugr's or more up-close creatures... but then again, there's no way of curing oneself when in beast mode, is there??

I am a werewolf, well - a closet werewolf. I haven't really noticed any change in gameplay or NPC reaction to having the ability to go into Beast Mode, while NOT in beast mode. If you change into a werewolf in a town, you will get a bounty and everyone will hunt you down. Beast mode isn't practical for most situations; however there have been a few times when I was stripped of my weapons and armor or not been able to use magic and beast mode has come in huge. It's also good for clearing dungeons or other buildings where there are mostly melee wielding characters. It's also great for covering long distances in a short amount of time as the wolf sprint is pretty fast.

You can heal yourself while in beast mode by feeding on someone you've killed. This also extends the amount of time you remain in beast form.

I just love being a werewolf because you don't get any diseases anymore, Especially the Vampirism disease. Finally got a skill to 100. Haven't been trying to level up with training or doing the same thing over and over again. I pretty much use everything apart from pickpocketing. But my sneak skill has finally got to 100.

why am i the only one that never had that problem with vampires... i always carry a "cure disease" potion just in case...

Exactly, and it's not as if shrines are hard to come by.

Haven't played in three days now and I have no desire to, hmmm... I think i've cured my Skyrim obsession.