Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Kind of pissed there are no dragon weapons. I would like to stab someone to death with a dragon's penis.

One of the biggest contenders for DLC imo.

i've saved every dragon bone and scale form every dragon i've slayed... and i gotta be damn near 40 slayed dragons by now... i will have to look at my collection to see the official numbers, but i am actually more worried abouth having the daedric hearts for daedric weapons and armor... i think i only have maybe 3 hearts...

also, did you see my comment on the civil war?? is it a part of the main quest??

It's not the main quest; just kind of a war at certain locations. It will change cities and who is in charge, but I don't think it's considered main storyline. To be honest, not sure what the fuck the main storyline is. I'm guessing it has something to do with the amount of butterflies I can catch.

Kind of pissed there are no dragon weapons. I would like to stab someone to death with a dragon's penis.

One of the biggest contenders for DLC imo.

Dragon cock?

It's not the main quest; just kind of a war at certain locations. It will change cities and who is in charge, but I don't think it's considered main storyline. To be honest, not sure what the fuck the main storyline is. I'm guessing it has something to do with the amount of butterflies I can catch.

something about you being dragonborn and tasked with eliminating alduin... it's been the same plot since the beginning, and i am probably on the final act by now... i might start working solely on the main story soon, just so i can knock that out... but i don't know if the civil war has any weight to the main story now that i know it's a side story... i am wondering if i could use their help in the war on dragons... ahh fuck it, i am sure they want me to do it all by myself anyways... i'll worry about the civil war after the dragon stuff...

Useful tip: The designs around the quest's name in the quest menu indicate what it's for. Dragons for the main quests, Imperial and Stormcloak insignias for the civil war quests, etc.

If you're after the Elder Scroll, you're just past the halfway point in the main quest.

i have these artifacts that i need to use in some cave to find the way to unlock some kind of pandora box being guarded by a crazy crazy man... but yea, i am a little over half-way through for sure, only one more quest to go till the 3rd act... the reasoning for alduin being in skyrim is quite far fetched, but makes sense in this world...

i have been working through the main story these past couple of weeks to get to this point... when i first started, i was way way back near the beginning of act 1 so, it shouldn't take too much time to reach the end of the game...

Finally beat the Civil War quest. Why couldn't I kill Ulfric and just take over Skyrim for myself? No one can touch me.

Glad that bit of mass warfare is over. I should have used more destruction/conjuration magic when clearing all the forts/cities. I used my bow to clear out the archers on the towers of the fort/city and then charged in with my sword and just killed everyone in my way. I couldn't really tell the difference between soldiers when everyone was fighting. I should have just spammed the fuck out of fireballs. I have armor and jewelry that almost instantly recharges my magic after use and I wouldn't really have to worry about the splash damage from the fireballs.

I wish I could have had the option to clear the forts on my own for the last few forts, Stormcloak soldiers are useless and get in the way. I guess they did draw some attention from the soldiers, but if it was just me, they would have never known I was there until I stuck the shiv in their neck. Also, shivs are my new favorite close range weapon.

I'm at level 60, my smithing, sneaking, speech, enchanting are all at 100. I'm trying to plan my next few level up perks a little better. I originally went the light armor route, and now I am regretting not being able to craft daedric armor. I may just wait until my next character to be able to do so, but I just found a daedric helmet and it's awesome. If I start finding more weapons and such, I am going to be sad I cannot make them as epic or legendary as possible.

In terms of stats, armor rating is capped to 567 (which is 80% damage reduction). This is regardless of what armour you're wearing, and I know that light armour can reach that rating. So wearing heavy armour is just for the perks and appearance really.

makes a difference in the beginning tho if u wanna be a two handed mother-fucker and not use a shield. like me.

you having lag issues DiO??

nope. highest settings too. me comp is a beast tho. 16gb of ram

There are plenty of fixes for glitches and whatnot that you'll run into at some point, I'd suggest browsing it regularly and checking the Elder Scrolls Wiki for solutions to bugs and glitches.

Also, when you get to a quest in Windhelm called Blood on the Ice, let me know. Last I checked (prior to the 1.4 patch), if you didn't do the quest just right, it could glitch and become impossible to finish. The latest patch may or may not have fixed it.

i'm two handed all the way... one-handed in skill, but i use two hands... i beat the shit out of people with a pair of maces...

damn, i thought you were playing on the PS3... lucky for you there's ways to fix the issues... i am stuck with what they give me :(... just like i am stuck with some damn lute taking up 4 lbs. of space in my inventory because the mother fucker that's suppose to take it, didn't take it when i finished the quest... too bad i can't at least equip it and play it... i could play along a bard who's singing the dragonborn song...

and lol, pandora's box was the 1st thing i thought of when i saw that in my inventory last night :lol:...

My archer uses a two-handed mace or axe if something gets too close for comfort (which is rare), my assassin uses daggers (my sneak attack damage is ridiculous), and my Khajiit thief uses his claws.

icon11.gif

My archer uses a two-handed mace or axe if something gets too close for comfort (which is rare), my assassin uses daggers (my sneak attack damage is ridiculous), and my Khajiit thief uses his claws.

How strong can the claws get?

icon11.gif

icon11.gif

the thing from hellraiser

Hellraiser_Cube_by_zerogalaxy.jpg

this

flagrg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

@ massy. mods eh? might get into that on a second play through. Right now im enjoying all the stock shit. it all looks sick.

turns out you gotta fill this thing with the blood of different races. A LOT like hallraiser where the collect souls or whatever. if it wasn't inspired by hellraiser than ill suck bone's bone.

They do 15 points of base damage (not sure how much it is for other races, but it feels much lower when I'm in a fistfight), but there's a heavy armor perk that has your gloves do their armor rating in damage (e.g., 25 armor = 25 unarmed damage), and there's a guy in the Ratway in Riften who has the Gloves of the Pugilist, which adds 10 damage to unarmed attacks. With enchanting, you can destroy the gloves to learn the enchantment, which can then be placed on any gloves. So, thanks to all that, my Khajiit (who is only in steel armor at this point) is doing more damage with his bare hands than any of the heavily armed enemies he's run into so far. He'll never have to use any weapons, except for the occasional arrow to get a high-flying dragon's attention.

icon11.gif

They do 15 points of base damage (not sure how much it is for other races, but it feels much lower when I'm in a fistfight), but there's a heavy armor perk that has your gloves do their armor rating in damage (e.g., 25 armor = 25 unarmed damage), and there's a guy in the Ratway in Riften who has the Gloves of the Pugilist, which adds 10 damage to unarmed attacks. With enchanting, you can destroy the gloves to learn the enchantment, which can then be placed on any gloves. So, thanks to all that, my Khajiit (who is only in steel armor at this point) is doing more damage with his bare hands than any of the heavily armed enemies he's run into so far. He'll never have to use any weapons, except for the occasional arrow to get a high-flying dragon's attention.

@av-cat-punch.gif

• Like 2

i'm two handed all the way... one-handed in skill, but i use two hands... i beat the shit out of people with a pair of maces...

damn, i thought you were playing on the PS3... lucky for you there's ways to fix the issues... i am stuck with what they give me :(... just like i am stuck with some damn lute taking up 4 lbs. of space in my inventory because the mother fucker that's suppose to take it, didn't take it when i finished the quest... too bad i can't at least equip it and play it... i could play along a bard who's singing the dragonborn song...

and lol, pandora's box was the 1st thing i thought of when i saw that in my inventory last night :lol:...

I don't believe quest items actually add any weight to your inventory.

icon11.gif

I don't believe quest items actually add any weight to your inventory.

I'm pretty sure they do. they all go in mics category.

Yesterday I stole some chemistry set looking thing from the college of winterhold. it weighted 2 so i wanted to drop it. it then said i can drop quest items. so i stole something for a quest I havent started yet lol.

http://teamcoco.com/video/andy-skyrim-voiceover

Yesterday I stole some chemistry set looking thing from the college of winterhold. it weighted 2 so i wanted to drop it. it then said i can drop quest items. so i stole something for a quest I havent started yet lol.

Tolfir's something or other. I have it in my inventory as well. I think I've already completed a quest where he is looking for it, but it's still in my inventory.

Last night I took my Illusion to 100 and Alteration went from 60-something to 80, so making good progress. I just "detect life" everywhere. I maxed out my enchanting perk as well, so now I can start my ULTIMATE enchanted armor that I will bother naming and carrying around, atleast long enough to level up enough to start creating daedric armor. The few weapons I've found don't compare in damage to my glass weapons, if I can upgrade them, I will be UNSTOPPABLE.

Last night I stayed up until 2AM doing a TON of side quests, thieves guild quests, and finally did Alduin's Wall, leveled up a shitton and never got to initiate the Dark Brotherhood questline like I meant to. Before I went to bed, I saved, standing over a bed, so I can go to sleep in the game.

@indy - yea, quest items technically don't weigh a thing while the quest is either active or not started yet... however, once i gave the lute to the proper person, it finished the quest, but left the item in my inventory... and i know it's now taking up space because my character is mysteriously carrying a few extra pounds with him now...

-----------

@DiO - that happens a lot with me, grabbing a quest item well before the quest was even initiated...

------------

i played a ton last night, but i didn't feel like i accomplished all that much... i finish the bard's college quest (which had a really cool druagr battle at the end), tried to do the boethim-something quest but turned it down after i was told i had to make a sacrifice (i'll come back to that one another time), and i am currently deep in the dwemer ruins where i was told the elder scroll would be, or the means to read it, or something... i think i only have maybe one more section left to clear out...

level 37, 170 hours in, file size nearing 9MB...