Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

i pretty much only use arching for the enemies i can't get to at the current juncture... as in, up above or across the room... however, they usually already know i am in the room because i come running out of the gate now... even though my sneak skill went up quite a bit, i still run into the middle of a room... i WANT to bash you with my mace and axe all day long... if i see a dragon, i try to get it's attention... i want to beat the shit out of it :D...

speaking of which, i mentioned this earlier, but does alduin stalk you?!? when i can't get the attention of a dragon, he tends to just fly away... i am starting to think that it's alduin, and he is just following me, or i am running into him doing his thing and he's not bothered by a dragonborn being nearby... shit's weird...

Guest Marney1

I just killed my first mammoth while on a quest to get a tusk, I swear that fucker took a hundred arrows, was only able retrieve 20 back from its carcass. Pissed me off that I passed a tusk on the ground while on my way to find one but I couldn't just take that one. Scary shit though when you run out of stamina and have a heard of them after you.

yea, i still find the mammoths and giants to be worthy adversaries...

i just hit the jackpot in a little cave outside of markarth!! this photo ought to prove my point...

51gold.jpg

slayed a dragon out here too, plus, as you can see, i finally got a 2nd flawless sapphire (and got another too)... there's a quest that tasks you with gathering a few items and 2 flawless sapphires... i've only found one before today, many many hours ago robbing a temple... but mining today was worth the 9 to 5, i am gonna put this nice haul of gold to good use...

does anyone else carry a pickaxe with them too?? it's like american express, i never leave home without it... what a sec, who the hell actually uses american express?? it's the one credit card not accepted in america :lol:...

Guest Marney1

@bOnEs I used to always carry a pick axe then I took an ar but I'm yet to find one during my new 'proper playthrough', I'm carrying an axe too because I presume I'll have to chop wood at some point. And that's a pretty nice find you've come across there, you must feel like a jew holding a Palestinian's severed head right now. :)

So far during my game I've just been concentrating on the quests and tasks in and around Whiterun and am keeping those limited to a maximum of about four or five so my inventory doesn't look like someone just Fus Ro Dah'd it. It's much easier to get a grip on the whole story this way and if anyone reading this is about to start the game then it'd be wise to do the same to save yourself lots of head scratching. I'm even getting the hang of smithing and mixing potions and stuff.

In fact, I'm absolutely loving it this time round and I'm going to stop referring to it as my 'second playthrough' or 'proper playthrough' from now on. Skyrim is just amazing!!

Guest Marney1

you must feel like a jew holding a Palestinian's severed head right now. :)

A real Jew would be happier with the gold.

Suppose you're right. :P

Anyway, I've been playing 10 hours straight (obviously pausing to piss and smoke) and I'm level 7. Not bad for the first day.

I'm 20 hours in on my Dunmer named Sil~Kriid (Soul Slayer in the dov speak) and level 37. She's a psycho.

Arcane, my nord who weighs about 2 tons is at 183 hours played.

I haven't been able to play properly for a couple of days now and it kinda sucks bawls. I've got goals with Sil~Kriid, as you can probably tell from how fast we've levelled. I didn't go into Bleak Falls Barrow until my last play with her and we fucking slaughtered everyone except the Deathlord with the Dragon Stone without being seen. Next I'm off to do the Thieves Guild so I can get the N's Armor, then dragon claw hunting and Dragon Priest slaying. Taking my time with anything that isn't miscellaneous.

I'm hoping we start to see some information about DLC soon. A march/April release maybe? I don't know how long they promote these things for though so it might be later or sooner? But I know that the fallout 3 expansions started rolling about 3 months after release and it's now been 2 months since the Skyrim release. Of course, Skyrim is a very very big game, so maybe they're thinking it's too soon.

Some guy said they're changing their approach to DLC. The Oblivion had a lot of smaller packs. I think their intention with Skyrim is to mostly have larger expansions like Shivering Isles.

http://www.wired.com.../11/skyrim-dlc/

EDIT: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/26/skyrim-dlc-packs-heading-to-xbox-360-first/ I never knew about this.

I think expansion pack approach is better than the DLC console gaming has seen.

I completely forgot about that 30 day limit. Seems kinda pointless tbh, I wouldn't mind waiting a mere 30 days if I played the game on PS3.

Let me fix that for you.

You can repay me later ;)

EDIT: having watched the video, I now regret embedding it into the forum. What an annoying cunt.

Let me fix that for you.

You can repay me later ;)

EDIT: having watched the video, I now regret embedding it into the forum. What an annoying cunt.

Thanks duff :) his stupid voice makes it funnier 'omg its a horse, i have a horse, it has a saddle' i tried to watch another of his vids but it was worse.

EDItT: me 2 dupz, i need a break from it tho coz i keep finding it samey. Hopefully a couple more days will do the trick.

i'll say it again, is alduin stalking me?? for every couple of dragons i slay, another just circles around showboating, then flies off into the distance...

well, the game has upped it's difficulty... i am level 30 now, but the past few caves i've navigated have thrown leveled opponents at me, making things a little harder... or it could be that i have forgone my usual dual-wield antics with the soul trap spell in my left hand :D... i am trying hard to improve my enchanting skill, and soul trapping is a big part of it... it sucks that the souls don't go in their corresponding gem though... i've clearly caught petty souls in greater soul gems, even though i have 5 available petty ones for use... what's the deal with that??

Maybe, I have noticed once or twice at random occasions I've seen Alduin resurrect a dragon, tried to kill the dragon while it was just bones but was unable. And I think once or twice I've seen dragons who don't attack anything, just hang around me for a little while then leave. Usually after a random dragon shout,

i will keep that in mind.. i don't shout that often in caves or outdoors, but i do it occasionally... it's plausible...

i noticed something, and it just dawned on me... a lot of you were talking about a dog companion earlier in this thread... i've yet to run across one... not like i need one, mjoll is all the companion i need... but i only recall maybe seeing a domestic dog once or twice in the 100-some hours i've played...

another stubborn fact i discovered last night, you can't soul trap a dragon... i know i have the biggest available soul gem, but they always block it... it makes sense though, i absorb the soul anyways, so there's no point i guess... but i figured a dragon soul trapped in a gem would be one hell of an enchanting tool :D...

Alduin is scripted to appear, ressurect dragons, etc.. That way he's not just an antagonist that appears a couple of times in the whole game..

Pretty much yeah, both my and my bud had him stalking us and UESP filled us in ^_^ It's cool.. The World Eater has no time for sleep.

Fin kelle prodah, Alduin, rok fent praan...

Woo I'm quickly clearing off quests from my misc list. Down to about 6 now from around 20. Helps that I'm level 81 with everything maxed out and Daedric weapons and armour that kill/protect me from anything :D. Enjoying it though. Really gave up wasting 3 days of my life casting spells on stuff just to boost my stats. Especially after I already spent about 70 hours doing it on the PC version, but it's still fun. Barely started the main quest though. Think I met the girl at the inn, killed a dragon with her and thats where I left it. Been doing thieves guild, mages college, just unlocked the dark brotherhood which I'm looking forward to...

bardkitchen.jpg

"you found the bard's college kitchen!! congratulations..."

best line in skyrim yet...

------------

in other news, i also knocked out about a dozen misc. quests in the past couple of days... that list fills up quickly, but the funny thing is, while i was wrapping up those misc. quests, my main quest list grew by two :lol:... you just can't ever win, can you...

I don't care how many misc quests I get, I'm just glad they're in the quest log now instead of a note mixed in with a bunch of other non-quest notes.

The Blood on the Ice quest broke on my evil dark elf file and can't be completed, so that's just going to sit in my quest log forever now.