Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

p.s. I've watched so much Family Guy in the last two weeks when ever i'm thinking the voice in my head sounds like Stewie. >_>

That happened to me once, but with John Cleese. It was pretty awesome, actually.

Guest Marney1

What free house in whiterun?

If they're talking about Breezehome that hovel cost me 5,000 gold.

Guest Marney1

I've got a butterfly in a jar too, it took me about 17 hours to get it to look right on the shelf.

I too have a butterfly in a jar. I think I have a bee in a jar too. But that's probably from those honey farm thieves guild missions.

Ok, so just a big of an update, the last time I was on the forum was a post saying I wasn't that into skyrim after playing it for like 4 hours. I'm now 53 hours in, level 35. Playing a Nordic focusing on two handed, but am a pretty skilled archer aswell. Moving along the main quests very slowly, I have met parthunaax and I'm currently on my way to find something for him.

Really enjoying how much you can choose your own story and focus on what you want when you want.

It's really annoying me how many quests I have to do, especially in miscellaneous. Would like to finsh them, but I just keep getting more, and get distracted while trying to do them.

Advice for the newer players, DO NOT enter sightless pit at level 19. I did, got in, found I could't beat anyone in there and couldn't turn back. Only way I ended up getting out was just fluking a mad sprint past everyone to the end of the dungeon. Haha.

Save file is up at 7600kbs and I'm starting to notice lagging and framerate dropping. Time to clear out the ps3!

Only thing this game needs is the ability to ride dragons, that would have made the game at least 2x more badass. Riding into a new city on a dragon.... Sweet.

If it cost £5000 it aint free is it numb nuts...;)....i already have that house, pitbull said there was a free house, unless he means when i said about marrying someone any you get there house...i dunno.

Yay! I finally made it through Labyrinthian. I remember when I first passed it after clearing Shearpoint, and thinking "fuck that, I'm out of here" when I saw the numerous frost trolls patrolling the place. Morokei is a cheap bastard.

If it cost £5000 it aint free is it numb nuts... ;)....i already have that house, pitbull said there was a free house, unless he means when i said about marrying someone any you get there house...i dunno.

There is an exploit that allows you to get your gold back after purchase, hence; "free house."

Sorry. I should of elaborated. When the guy you buy the breezehome from in whiterun is sleeping there's a way to buy the house off him then before he can get out of bed you get out of the conversation and put all your gold in the draw next to his bed. He still gives you the key but there's no gold to take from you. You then just have to retreive the gold back from the draw. It took me a couple of tries to do it cos you've gotta be quick but it is possible. I was sure i read that in this thread. >_>

My Argonian is a filthy hoarder, he has tens of thousands of septims' worth of shit covering the floor of Breezehome. He hasn't used a single container because he thinks that his loot will disappear if he can't see it, and Lydia is constantly flinging shit around the house because she has to wade through knee-high piles of loot.

• Like 1

i bought all the add-ons, just because my guy is a noble man who loves reading books by the fire when he's not slaying dragons and bandits... he's a frightful warrior, with a soft side for a good story... as a matter of fact, i read a great one at the thalmor party... it was called, "the cake and the diamond"...

he's about to read up on the book, "lost legends" only because it launched a quest, and i've already visited the entrance to two caves related to that quest... i almost entered the caves, but thought better of it and looked them up to see if they were tied to a quest... sho' 'nuff they were tied to the "forbidden legend" quest... it's definitely my next quest to do outside of the main one...

cadman does love a good adventure... but tie a good adventure in with a good book?? game on...

Guest Marney1

I've read a few books and some of them are quite amusing, dunno if I'll ever get round to reading them all though. Anyone read the books they pick up?

yea, i pick and choose what i read... but i try to at least look at every book in case it's a skill book, it's actually how i launched the mission i was talking about in my last post... after a while, you start to recognize the title and know to skip it... but if it has a catchy title or something i recognize like books on oblivion, dragonborn, daedra, dwemner, the royal septems, etc... stuff i remember from oblivion and the lore of the land... and if it's about something i remember hearing about, i might pick it up for reading later...

my house is actually full of books i need to read... i've read a few on my journey, but i usually snagged it up for later... i am learning now that if i am interested, i might as well spend a couple minutes reading it... it's much easier to just get it out of the way when you can, instead of saving it for later... i am about 20 books behind right now...

I thought there was an app you could download for your e-reader that has every book in the game that you can actually sit and read when you're away from the game. I'll look around for it.

I only read the books that have a value of 50+ as they are usually training books. I also take those and sell them. Other books I skim through, I've maybe read six or seven of them through; but I've read bits and pieces of hundreds.

My game file is nearing the 150 hour mark. Sheesh.

I just managed to get Skyrim today. Amazing so far! Anyone got any tips? I don't feel like reading 47 past pages.

Fuck off?

I only read the journals, they are interesting.

I read the journals too, usually have something to do with the quest at hand and are always interesting.

• Like 1