Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

i love my wife... maybe i should marry her IRL, like that wacko asian dude did with with his DS girlfriend...

http://www.weirdasia...ual-girlfriend/

mjoll kicks ass!! i cleared a cave without me hardly ever lifting a finger... mjoll is an amazonian warrior!! :lol:... with her dwarven armor and weapons, she is unstoppable... wait until i learn some new armor perks, i might be able to sit back and watch her take out a blood dragon all by herself... there might be another dragonborn in da midst!!

san an fanz reprezent!!

• Like 1

I feel like this thread has taken a recent shit.

None the less, I am still playing. I spent an entire night the other day just reforging, reupgrading and reenchanting all my weapons and armor; because I realized you could NAME them when enchanting them. How did I miss this before? I alphabetized all my armor and rings/necklaces so it's like "alchemy ring, alchemy necklace, alchemy gauntlets". The other armor categories are Magicka Regen, Haggling, "Carry Shit" and Smithing and all the necessary armor for each category. With my "Carry Shit" armor (boots, gauntlets, ring and necklace) I can carry an additional 120 lbs. of shit back with me, on top of my high stamina. I also have the "SCUBA Ring" which is for waterbreathing (a ring? ohhkay). My Haggling armor is "Jew Ring" and "Jew Necklace".

I also alphabetized my weapons by naming them "Bow of..." or "Sword of...". Soul Bow is "Bow of Go Fuck Yourself". Fire Bow is "Bow of Satan's Semen". Ice Bow is "Bow of Hard Nipples", etc.

It took a lot of waiting around for supplies for all my glass armor and weapons. I used this time to create potions and boost my alchemy and increase my money. After selling off my "unnamed" weapons and manipulating the market place by creating baller potions, selling them off for everything else and then selling off everything else to everyone else, I made a FUCKTON of money. I probably will still keep opening Burial Urns for the three gold inside.

Got the night off and the wife is going out with her friends. SKYRIM-HO!

it's not taking a shit because of me, i just didn't want to double-post...

but yea, i made a ring of underwater breathing too called the "ring of air"... i really need to improve my enchanting, i have learned a couple of spells and i have about 20 blank silver rings... i've spent some time enchanting the water-breathing on lots of silver rings just to improve my skill... then sell them to a vendor to improve my speech skills... i need to sink some perks into enchanting though, but i am also close to unlocking the next smithing perk for heavy armor so i might take that one next... it's either for ebony armor or the one just before it... the best heavy armor i can make right now is dwarven... the items come out flawless though when improving them :D...

i was gonna say something else but forget... it will come to me eventually...

sbb0007.jpg

it's not taking a shit because of me, i just didn't want to double-post...

but yea, i made a ring of underwater breathing too called the "ring of air"... i really need to improve my enchanting, i have learned a couple of spells and i have about 20 blank silver rings... i've spent some time enchanting the water-breathing on lots of silver rings just to improve my skill... then sell them to a vendor to improve my speech skills... i need to sink some perks into enchanting though, but i am also close to unlocking the next smithing perk for heavy armor

My next character I will focus on the enchanting and alchemy general perks to increase the quality of the product. Same with Smithing. The bonuses are nice, but the increase in the % make the biggest difference in the long run.

yup, i think i can just get by with putting perks into the 1st initial enchanting perk, maybe 2 or 3 of them to improve the enchantments effectiveness... it's also why i have yet to really do any enchanting outside of the waterbreating since when i try it, i get piss-poor percentages on effectiveness... using bigger gem stones helps, but i got a shitton of petty ones so i have been using those on the waterbreathing rings...

i need to find a few more dwemer ruins, as most of the robot machines you fight usually have soul gems on them, and usually filled as well... or maybe that was a freak accident with the only one i entered and got lucky... but i left that ruin with about 25 filled soul gems, most of them being petty... but i do have a few filled grand ones, saving those for my good enchantments :D...

that reminds me, i need to head back to that ruin so i can snatch up all that dwarven metal i left behind... that shit was heavy, but i could melt it down for improving my smithing... dwarven armor i would imagine help boost the skill a little faster than making iron war axes do :lol:...

Having played Skyrim for the last week as a High Elf and Khajiit, I sort of wish Bethesda had added slightly greater differences in story for the non-human races. In no particular order, here are my "issues".

1. Why can't my High Elf join the Thalmor, or at least co-operate with them? Couldn't Beth have added one side quest where you had to steal plans from an Imperial camp in return for money/unique weapon/follower etc.

2. Why is my Khajiit allowed to walk freely in the towns of Skyrim when they are supposed to be banned from entering? Beth could have (once again) added a side quest similar to becoming Orc Kin, where you had to help a town's Jarl clear out a location or recover a lost weapon. Also, Khajiit should get extra discounts when buying from Khajiit caravans.

It just seems weird that simple things like that weren't thought of. Bethesda doesn't care about Cat people!

Anyway, I had another awesome moment yesterday. Being a bit bored, I cast fury on that dickhead racist brother in Falkreath (can't remember his name), who proceeded to attack me. I got a bounty, and some guards entered the house. For some reason, the racist brother's umm... brother attacked him and put his dagger through his spine. Meanwhile, as I was marvelling at that, I was being butt pounded by the guards, so I decided to leg it. As I was making my way out of Falkreath, a dragon attacked. I stood back and watched as the dragon took out a couple of guards, and started attacking me. I made short work of it, and deciding that I needed the soul more than the money, I surrendered and payed my 80 bounty. Then I stood back and waited to absorb the dragon soul. And then the game froze.

Good times.

As I was making my way out of Falkreath, a dragon attacked. I stood back and watched as the dragon took out a couple of guards, and started attacking me. I made short work of it, and deciding that I needed the soul more than the money, I surrendered and payed my 80 bounty. Then I stood back and waited to absorb the dragon soul. And then the game froze.

Good times.

My game has frozen a few times after killing a dragon. I think it's the sudden rush of NPC's towards the spectacle. It just messes up my PS3.

my game froze up in whiterun last night... seriously, i know what the fucking problem is... and it's been like this since fallout!!

TOO MANY FLAMES!!

there's a pot of burning wood every 10 feet in whiterun... when i had these issues in fallout, it was usually because there was a few burning barrels near each other, or it's in the strip when you are near the gomorrah... there is something wrong with their flame files... elaborate on that for me dupzor, will you?? :P... i am sure it also has to do with too much on the screen at once, and too much to load in the world with each travel... but these flames act like 100 new items all in one... then times that by 50 in whiterun and voila, there's your problem..

no, i notice a significant drop in the frame rate when in the presence of burning pots... and it was enough to freeze my game once so far in whiterun... when i fast-travel to whiterun, it takes a couple seconds to load all the flames and people standing near the gate... i seriously think the flames are the issue, and i will continue to say so until bethesda actually comes out and says it isn't...

from as far back as fallout 3, when i've notice a severe drop in frame rate, i look around and there always seems to be a flame barrel or something near by... maybe it's just a coincidence... but it also has to do with later in the game that this happens... i think with the file size issue, and throwing the flames on top of that, make for a lethal combination...

Having played Skyrim for the last week as a High Elf and Khajiit, I sort of wish Bethesda had added slightly greater differences in story for the non-human races. In no particular order, here are my "issues".

1. Why can't my High Elf join the Thalmor, or at least co-operate with them? Couldn't Beth have added one side quest where you had to steal plans from an Imperial camp in return for money/unique weapon/follower etc.

2. Why is my Khajiit allowed to walk freely in the towns of Skyrim when they are supposed to be banned from entering? Beth could have (once again) added a side quest similar to becoming Orc Kin, where you had to help a town's Jarl clear out a location or recover a lost weapon. Also, Khajiit should get extra discounts when buying from Khajiit caravans.

The answer to both your questions are: you are the DRAGONBORN. No matter your race, most characters treat you like shit the first time they meet you and the guards don't cut anyone any slack when it comes to fucking about.

Your character is unique and while they could be any race; they're not always going to be trusted by their race. Your character is destined for greatness, not to be a Thalmor (that's elven for TOTAL proud american). And even if you are a mangy cat person, you still have the potential to be a hero of the people and change Tamriel's perception of your pussy self. Or you could just be bitter and fucking kill everyone.

Also, you can't marry a Khajit in the game. And the lizard women have tits... to breastfeed?

I played for a few hours last night. I waste WAY too much time selling weapons and all that business shit. Almost to 100,000 septims though. I'm also officially a master thief. I don't need the Thieves' Guild approval, I've stolen all their shit and pickpocketed most of them.

Guest Marney1

Gonna get back on Skyrim tonight, I've done my exploring and now is the time to start fast travelling between the 100+ locations I've dicovered on my map and get this shit done. It's gonna be a long night.

dude, it takes almost an hour per location, some take multiple hours... you probably should of went into a few of those back then... you'll be going at those locations for a couple of weeks... me, i have to get back to riften now that i've done a shitload of crafting and enchanting... gotta pick up my queen and work through some caves and locations nearby riten that i was tasked with clearing out...

i think i might try to navigate one of those dragon locations, there's one south of riften... i've heard of them, and the icon on the map is unmistakable... perhaps i should see what really is in there... a new shout?? a bigger, badder dragon?? nothing?? also, i think i might try to find this black star stone or something... the soul gem that never destroys... i could save that one for trapping a dragon soul...

speaking of dragon, i have no clue how many dragons i have slayed... not 20 yet since i haven't gotten that trophy yet, but i gotta be damn near 20 by now... it seems like i run into one every time i fast-travel to cave or ruin...

just fought 2 dragons in the span of 5 minutes...

i got a few more things to wrap up, then i am gonna hit up morthal... there's 3 cities up there, i should probably start venturing out that way... i have still only been to whiterun, markarth and riften for the major cities... i am getting lost just wandering the wasteland land...

ohh, i also ran into a couple of vampires out and about yesterday... i contracted the disease, but it's also the very reason why i carry around a cure disease potion :lol:... it told me i contracted the virus, so i am assuming that most of you that got it, got it perhaps in the heat of a battle and missed the message... i only had to dispatch two of them, easy stuff... i check my active spells often actually... i am always willing to head back to whiterun if i am nearby to refill my stamina blessing from kva... kava... kvava-snickerdoodle-thingymahjig...

ohh, @miss cortez... i am level 25, closing in on 80 hours... file size 5.7MB... what was the breaking point of trouble for PS3 users??

wow, how is your file size bigger than mine?? perhaps you've been to more places than me...

----------------------------------

mjoll01.jpg

mjoll the loiness

mjoll the nakeness :lol:... i still can't get over the fact that i can completely change what she wears and uses...

cadman02.jpg

this is our normal walkin' about garb, we save the heavy armor for caves and shit... i just found that outfit she's wearing too... i remember someone in markarth had it, but i hadn't seen it since... then i got to kill someone in morthal that was wearing it... JACKPOT!! :D... i am all wrapped up in a vampire conspiracy right now, i better buy an extra cure disease potion from the local wizard, i have a feeling i might need another...

and there's a strange kid wandering around here, sounds like he's not really here or something... or his mom has him all hopped up on potions and shit that his brain is all out of whack... i think i need to see what his problem is...

and there's a strange kid wandering around here, sounds like he's not really here or something... or his mom has him all hopped up on potions and shit that his brain is all out of whack... i think i need to see what his problem is...

James Hargrave's ancestor!

• Like 2

Ok so my stats stand at.

Body armour 83 (steel plated) gauntlets and boots 29 (steel plated)

Ancient nord battle axe of fire damage 44 and 12 target points.

And as stated at level 23 with now 48 hours.

Guest Marney1

wow, how is your file size bigger than mine?? perhaps you've been to more places than me...

----------------------------------

mjoll01.jpg

mjoll the loiness

mjoll the nakeness :lol:... i still can't get over the fact that i can completely change what she wears and uses...

cadman02.jpg

this is our normal walkin' about garb, we save the heavy armor for caves and shit... i just found that outfit she's wearing too... i remember someone in markarth had it, but i hadn't seen it since... then i got to kill someone in morthal that was wearing it... JACKPOT!! :D... i am all wrapped up in a vampire conspiracy right now, i better buy an extra cure disease potion from the local wizard, i have a feeling i might need another...

Wow, he actually looks like you. :o

really?? i wasn't going for that this time, i was going for a stoic look... not our stoic, but a stoic like face... i think he looks more like king leonidas :lol:

41569_22837696587_3045_n.jpg

@ cortez - it must be the amount of map you've seen... it probably trumps mine... i've been working at leveling up, and wrapping stuff up... i haven't gone exploring for the sake of exploring... i am usually heading somewhere and get sidetracked... but yea, you've probably been to all the major cities...