Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

so those PS3 problems are popping up now for you?? last night i noticed a slight slow down in whiterun, i was just walking around and things started to get a little choppy... i am at level 16, nearly 40 hours played, and the file i think is at 5MB...

man, am i playing this game wrong?? i've only just reach the second main city :(... i am almost on par with mercedes' stats and she's been all over the map :P... i can't figure out why it took me this long to reach another main city... i've visited smaller ones like riverwood, ivarstead, and rorikstead... i just don't know why i am taking my sweet time exploring... perhaps it's because i can :D...

Turning off all autosaving does help stop the random crashes, it doesn't eliminate them altogether but it reduces the chances of it happening. The downside is that if you play for a long time and do a lot of quests, then forget to save and die you're fucked. The lag problems can't really be solved and they only happen after you've been playing a long time and there's a lot going on. In those cases it's best to turn off the PS3 and let it cool down.

i feel like i am missing out on a lot of stuff... at the rate i am going, it's going to take me until april to visit every main city :P...

@ vice - saving isn't an issue for me, i always have the main save, then the secondary one for when i am out and about exploring caves... the autosave has come in handy a few times already... but even i've noticed an issue with the autosave feature... when i think my game froze up on me, i realize that the game is actually autosaving :lol:...

Bones, don't rush it. Follow your path. It's not about keeping up with some chick (who is probably a dood) on the forums. There are a lot of good strategies and experiences listed here, but have your own and be open to finding things.

And for god sake, walk everywhere and explore everything.

It's ok early on, but after a while you'll notice it.

You seen those warriors from Hammerfell? They've got curved swords. Curved... swords.

Bones, don't rush it. Follow your path. It's not about keeping up with some chick (who is probably a dood) on the forums. There are a lot of good strategies and experiences listed here, but have your own and be open to finding things.

For fuck sake! Im a girl! Have you lot never met one? Maybe if i say it enough times u will believe me, and anyway what does it matter if im a girl? Wouldnt it be easier for me if i said i was a guy, why would i say i was a girl?? Honestly.

But otherwise i agree, just go where the wind takes u. Everyones game is different.

I got the mask in Labyrinthian and teleported to a hidden room where you're supposed to place the priest masks. Well, since I didn't get the one near the end of the main quest I can't collect them all so now I'm using it as a super secret base. Hoping the chests there don't regenerate >_<

i do walk everywhere, and for the most part, i explore everywhere i discover... i just haven't trekked to the big cities... that's the only thing i feel like i am missing out on... i really enjoyed my time in whiterun, and for the most part, i will be traveling back there often... i guess i am not one to run around all over the place... i like to have direction...

ohh well, i am at the front gates to riften, lets see if another 20 hours of quests distract me like they did in whiterun, or if i even care about the local concerns of riften and just leave after taking care of a couple things... i have always been a slower gamer, but i feel like i accomplished a lot back in whiterun... level 16, near 50 on heavy armor and smithing... in the 40's for sneak, over 50 with one-handed, and around 25 for restoration, speech and lockpicking...

i just hope that i didn't let the world pass me by while staying there for so long...

I encountered my first dragon priest today, Krosis. Taking him and an ancient dragon at the same time was quite a challenge, but once the dragon went down he was easy enough to beat.

@Bones,

I'm level 51 and i've only completed quests from Whiterun, Winterhold, Riften, Morthal and Riverwood. Considering Morthal, Winterhold and Riverwood are small towns, i've not actually done much at all. The game is massive, take your time. I like to go from city to city and just focus on things. I don't want quests all over the place.

@Bones,

I'm level 51 and i've only completed quests from Whiterun, Winterhold, Riften, Morthal and Riverwood. Considering Morthal, Winterhold and Riverwood are small towns, i've not actually done much at all. The game is massive, take your time. I like to go from city to city and just focus on things. I don't want quests all over the place.

yea, i'm trying to keep the quest list to a minimum... i learned in oblivion how quickly it can become overbearing... maybe that explains my slow movement, i am just pacing myself :D... but there's not much i can do about the misc. quest list, half of them involve places far into the north... i am not ready for the north yet...

i just find it funny that i've spent pretty much all my free time since christmas playing this game and it feels like i've barely scratched the surface :lol:...

As much as I love this game, I have to draw on some negatives*.

*don't kill me

*Grabs Mace of Molag Bal and Mehrunes' Razor*

Sorry, my employers demand your blood.

For fuck sake! Im a girl! Have you lot never met one? Maybe if i say it enough times u will believe me, and anyway what does it matter if im a girl? Wouldnt it be easier for me if i said i was a guy, why would i say i was a girl?? Honestly.

Stoic knows how the internet works, and he didn't see the picture you posted. His skepticism is understandable.

I never question if you are guys tho. Why question it? What difference does it make?

Anyway back to skyrim, i think i shall travel to markath 2moro, see what quests i can find.

Stoic knows how the internet works, and he didn't see the picture you posted. His skepticism is understandable.

i never saw the photo either... plus, anyone can grab a photo from the internet and say it's them...

here's a picture of me before the plastic surgery...

Brad-Pitt-brad-pitt-39644_420_579.jpg

It was a pic of me, however i have said that b4 i could post a pic of some georgeous girl and claim to b her but i havent. What does it matter tho? In the grand scheme of things? Just trust me, im a girl, i have blonde hair, blue eyes and im short. The same as i have not seen pics of some of u, dont make me assume ur all girls.

The same as i have not seen pics of some of u, dont make me assume ur all girls.

That is completely different.

Rule 30 says that there are no girls on the internet. Respect the rules.

i was merely joking, you could be a transvestite for all i care :P... i am about to post an updated pic of me soon... my beard is finally starting to look like a beard :D...

I may have to challenge you to a beard-off, then.

The same as i have not seen pics of some of u, dont make me assume ur all girls.

That is completely different.

Rule 30 says that there are no girls on the internet. Respect the rules.

You must excuse us, we come from a time when girls legitimately didn't exist online.

So far I've got 6 Dragon Priest masks. Plan to get the final two tonight. Fuck New Year, I'd rather 3 hit kill Dragon Priests all night.

• Like 3

You must excuse us, we come from a time when girls legitimately didn't exist online.

I remember when a pic with a timestamp was the Holy Grail.

Haven't played much lately, probably get back into it this weekend. Think I might explore the entire Falkreath-to-Riften area; it's a nice wooded area with less snow than the Northern parts of Skyrim, perfect for my wood elf archer.

Armour cap: Damage reduction is capped at 80%. If you are wearing all four pieces of armour, this occurs at 567 displayed armour rating.

So, since I don't really like the look of daedric armour, i'm thinking of wearing dragon armour and smith the shit out of it. Not too sure if I can be bothered to make and enchant it though <_<

Both types of dragon armour look like arse though... I mean if you're into that kind of thing, it's fine... I just don't know if that's what you're trying to portray.

I don't know I haven't seen it. My player looks too evil with daedric armour, I just wanna look badass. Does anyone know if the nightingale armour can be smithed?

It can be upgraded but you can't create it. If you lose it, it's gone forever (unless you duplicate it on a mannequin).

How do get these i only have steel plated.

Its at 80 but still i want better stuff.

You need to unlock the perks to smith higher rated armour, and then gather the materials you need to create them. Then just go to any blacksmith forge or the Skyforge in Whiterun and smith the armour there.