Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

forsworn?? i am level 11 and i massacred them in some camp/cave... at least i think it was forsworn, could of just been bandits... but i got a bunch of forsworn weaponry, in fact, i am using the bow i got down there... can't remember what i was fighting last night though... it probably was the forsworn...

forsworn?? i am level 11 and i massacred them in some camp/cave... at least i think it was forsworn, could of just been bandits... but i got a bunch of forsworn weaponry, in fact, i am using the bow i got down there... can't remember what i was fighting last night though... it probably was the forsworn...

Yeah, but you play Fallout, you know what you're doing. I wasn't sure how quickly Mercedes was getting the hang of it. She seems to be doing pretty well.

true dat... i'm not even messing with magic all that much to be honest... i'll use oakflesh or my origin power dragonskin, and of course health... my combat skills suffice...

boom-headshot.jpg

BOOOOOOMM!!! HEADSHOT!!

i didn't think it was going to happen but i now have a legitimate stealth character... i did a companion quest that i spent most of time killing in silence... it was a very narrow locale so it came in handy, plus i already had a few stealth perks... and damn i am starting to get good at using the bow... it's been a very handy secondary weapon fo sho...

but my stealth leveled up by about 6 points in that cave... i have become incredibly lethal all of a sudden, those sneak hit perks deal massive damage on unsuspecting enemies... i killed a bunch of draugr in their resting places without breaking a sweat... snuck up on them and took them out with one swing of the scimitar...

time to work on my smithing skills some more... it's pretty low, i'd like to be able to make better stuff...

Ok, I'm nearing the end of the main quest (won't detail as I'm not sure who doesn't want spoilers), but I think I'm over powered. All I need do is summon 2 Dremora Lords and they can kill entire rooms of Draugr Deathlords. Conjuration at 100 is great.

FFFUUUUU...

There's a quest where I need to get a follower I don't care about (no spoilers). Every person I ask says I already have a follower. I killed my horse and completed quests where I might technically have a follower but no. The only one I ever got before was one from the Dark Brotherhood but I lost her ages ago (she hasn't reappeared at the Sanctuary). Looks like I won't be doing that one then.

:( that's a cool quest.

I just pickpocketed a shop owner and got caught. I then had the guards after me but i said i am the jarls thane i demand you let me go and he did, i got away with 1163 of her money haha. It pays to be the thane of winterhold.

Yes but you can pickpocket thousands and the bounty for doing it is only 25 or something, and half if you're in the Thieves Guild. I paid thousands for training in some skill or another, then pickpocketed the money back and had to pay a fine of 12 septims. I've only used the "i'm the Jarl's Thane" excuse once, i'm not sure if it works every time.

I wondered why my low Heavy Armor skill didn't make me slow down. Then one of the loading screens told me about the Steed Stone and then I realised. Damn I love that stone.

Also, I found Dragon Armor in a random loot chest. I guess I'm a pretty high level now then.

Ok, I'm nearing the end of the main quest (won't detail as I'm not sure who doesn't want spoilers), but I think I'm over powered. All I need do is summon 2 Dremora Lords and they can kill entire rooms of Draugr Deathlords. Conjuration at 100 is great.

Told you :P I'm actively avoiding conjuring them now because they are so insanely powerful. Yesterday I was swamped by 10 high power Draugr at once so I called on them then, but apart from that I go everything alone.

I don't like stealth archery. I'm a heavy armoured archer.

As much as I love this game, I have to draw on some negatives*.

For an RPG there is close to no element of strategy. I've found that ALL classes are viable for ANY situation. Tanks, priests, rogue, mage etc. It doesn't seem to matter, at level 51 I can pretty much be anything I want. All I need to do is enchant armour the proper way. I also feel that the weapons/armour system is too simple. I was hoping for a slightly expanded tier system to what there currently is. Also, better unique items to find and buy. It would also be good if stuff was more expensive (terrible complaint I know, but it's true)!

Potions are redundant. Followers are redundant. Money is redundant. I think that the balance between casual and hardcore has tipped slightly in favour of the former. Maybe it's just because i've been thinking of Diablo 3 a little too much recently, but I feel that this is more of an experience than a fun challenge, which is something I tend to look forward to.

Regardless, I love this game and i'll continue to play it for at least another 100 hours or so. There is so much content it's unbelievable. I just think it's too easy to become overpowered.

*don't kill me

I don't like stealth archery. I'm a heavy armoured archer.

As much as I love this game, I have to draw on some negatives*.

For an RPG there is close to no element of strategy. I've found that ALL classes are viable for ANY situation. Tanks, priests, rogue, mage etc. It doesn't seem to matter, at level 51 I can pretty much be anything I want. All I need to do is enchant armour the proper way. I also feel that the weapons/armour system is too simple. I was hoping for a slightly expanded tier system to what there currently is. Also, better unique items to find and buy. It would also be good if stuff was more expensive (terrible complaint I know, but it's true)!

Potions are redundant. Followers are redundant. Money is redundant. I think that the balance between casual and hardcore has tipped slightly in favour of the former. Maybe it's just because i've been thinking of Diablo 3 a little too much recently, but I feel that this is more of an experience than a fun challenge, which is something I tend to look forward to.

Regardless, I love this game and i'll continue to play it for at least another 100 hours or so. There is so much content it's unbelievable. I just think it's too easy to become overpowered.

*don't kill me

Are you playing on Master difficulty then?

It's not that I disagree. I think it's silly how you can become Arch-Mage without casting a single spell (and the individual quest lines in general are far too short). However, I know that unless you've glitched the game to boost your character to stupid proportions, you can't survive on Master difficulty without the help that potions and followers can give you.

i am actually glad the RPG elements have been dumbed down a little... i got too confused trying to play oblivion because i am not an RPG aficionado, and i still don't know how to use spells and potions properly (outside of restoration of course)...

i am at the gates of riften... i made the journey late last night... i used an unusual gem as my excuse for trekking all the way there... plus, i wrapped up most of the stuff going on in whiterun... well, there's still the companions and probably a few quests i hadn't started yet, but i think it was time to finally move on...

So it seems like i'm going to end up as the Thieves Guild master, Companion member, Blade, Nightingale, Arch-Mage of the Winterhold college and i'm probably going to join the Dark Brotherhood somewhere down the line. How many more fucking factions can I join? Is there a clan of tourette-suffering transvestites I can sign up for too?

So it seems like i'm going to end up as the Thieves Guild master, Companion member, Blade, Nightingale, Arch-Mage of the Winterhold college and i'm probably going to join the Dark Brotherhood somewhere down the line. How many more fucking factions can I join? Is there a clan of tourette-suffering transvestites I can sign up for too?

I hope so lol.

U the thane of winterhold yet?

O yeah is that the place that hate elves or something. I get confused with em all lol. I still havent been to Markarth or that one beginning wit F.

Falkreath? The last one I visited was Dawnstar. Markarth is all Dwarven and set into a mountain, but it's not as bad as Windhelm which is just varying shades of dull grey walls covered in snow.

So i'm at 153 hours played, level 50, save file just passed the 12MB mark. Just had a fight with a blood dragon while playing at about 5 frames per second, it was quite funny actually because four wolves and two foxes decided to join in and it was a challenge shooting them at point blank range while they stuttered across the screen. Why the foxes tried to attack me I don't know, but they stood next to the dragon growling at me. I managed to kill the lag dragon and things got slightly better, but it was still stuttery so I decided it was time to save and turn off. The lag and random crashes are the only things that are keeping me from progressing really, which is a shame.

so those PS3 problems are popping up now for you?? last night i noticed a slight slow down in whiterun, i was just walking around and things started to get a little choppy... i am at level 16, nearly 40 hours played, and the file i think is at 5MB...

man, am i playing this game wrong?? i've only just reach the second main city :(... i am almost on par with mercedes' stats and she's been all over the map :P... i can't figure out why it took me this long to reach another main city... i've visited smaller ones like riverwood, ivarstead, and rorikstead... i just don't know why i am taking my sweet time exploring... perhaps it's because i can :D...