Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Speaking of, has anyone found the quest for Hermaeus Mora yet? I'd like to get a few clues and find the quest myself rather than just check the wiki.

If you hang around Winterhold and the College eventually someone will mention a guy called Septimus Signus.

Fake edit: actually, you catch wind of his name as part of the main quest.

I ended up in a prison for the first time today, for trespassing. I ended up in some slavery ore mine...

In Markarth? That's the interesting quest I mentioned yesterday. How it played out was totally unexpected.

Yeah, that was a great stealthy quest. I saved the prison for a separate play-through, and reloaded. I managed to get through it without killing anyone which was fun.

The misc missions annoy me because i will save them for later and then as there is no description i will forget which ones i wanted to do. I also get confused as to which ones are main quests and which are just other crap. I havent finished house of horrors either, i wanted to see if anyone had.

I love doing Splinter Cell-style stealth kills. Crouch up on a high ledge, jump behind an enemy and slit his throat with a 30x sneak damage bonus dagger. Bonus points if you do it while invisible and you reveal yourself at the point of no return for the enemy. Perfect.

Yeah, I fininshed it weeks ago. Twas fun.

Anyone else found Lucky Lorenz yet? I stumbled upon him when I got swept over a waterfall. I lol'd.

I found him last night. Crushed by a tree, how lucky is that? Still, nigga had a treasure map on him. Was he somewhere downriver of Whiterun for you? I forgot exactly where I found him, but it was near a dungeon entrance.

It's actually near the Abandoned Prison where he's at, my game just crashed and my last save was in there.

So i've got the game. I've played for like an hour. It's beautiful, and interesting but very daunting. I have no idea what's going on and how and what to upgrade. My main problem so far is walking really slow cause I want to carry everything I find and sell it....

I faught a wounded frostbite spider with my bare fists. Felt pretty badass (thought I'd try it after seeing the video of that guy doing it).

Does this game start flowing more later on, I'm pretty lost right now... it's all very confusing.

So i've got the game. I've played for like an hour. It's beautiful, and interesting but very daunting. I have no idea what's going on and how and what to upgrade. My main problem so far is walking really slow cause I want to carry everything I find and sell it....

I faught a wounded frostbite spider with my bare fists. Felt pretty badass (thought I'd try it after seeing the video of that guy doing it).

Does this game start flowing more later on, I'm pretty lost right now... it's all very confusing.

An hour is no where near enough time to find out about what's going on.

Haha, I know. I've only gone to the first town, and accepted a quest for a dragonclaw. The rest of the time I've been running around doing stupid things that end up turning the whole town against me and kill me. I'm going to go speak to the guys for the more main story tomorrow morning and see how the story progresses from there.

It took me a good 5 hours to get my head around it, and even now with 30+ hours i still feel that sometimes i have picked the wrong perks. I hardly ever smith anything, i have loads of ingots but only ever found one smelter, but hey ho im still alive. Try and get into stealth, magic and either archery or two handed weapons. Upgrade health a lot at first as magic and stamina are less important at the start. It will all click soon enough.

It took me a good 5 hours to get my head around it, and even now with 30+ hours i still feel that sometimes i have picked the wrong perks.

Now I'm at level 51, perks are a big concern for me. I have 4 remaining to unlock as I know if I pick the wrong route, there's no way of going back, and I don't have that many left to get (or rather they now take ages to earn). Hopefully a DLC pack will raise the maximum level so you can unlock more of them. As it stands you can only get 81 out of 250.

81 perks isn't enough?? dear god that's a lot, you could make any character with that many options...

i am really just now getting into smithing... i've been mining and buying ore off of blacksmiths... and yes, i am still in whiterun, lol :lol:... if you fast-travel to whiterun, there's a smelting pot just to the right, along with every other smithing tool available... and it's the first house on the left of the breezehome, your home... very convenient...

i swear i can't get out of this town, still questing around here... kinda adds to the whole experience to be honest... i have planted some seeds in this town, the roots are taking hold... whiterun is my town, i plan on retiring here if i ever take an arrow in the knee...

81 perks isn't enough?? dear god that's a lot, you could make any character with that many options...

i am really just now getting into smithing... i've been mining and buying ore off of blacksmiths... and yes, i am still in whiterun, lol :lol:... if you fast-travel to whiterun, there's a smelting pot just to the right, along with every other smithing tool available... and it's the first house on the left of the breezehome, your home... very convenient...

i swear i can't get out of this town, still questing around here... kinda adds to the whole experience to be honest... i have planted some seeds in this town, the roots are taking hold... whiterun is my town, i plan on retiring here if i ever take an arrow in the knee...

Yeah Warmaiden's is where I did most of my smithing levelling. Plus there's the arcane enchanter in Dragonsreach so you can create weapons, enchant them and sell them for a massive profit. Just make sure you get the speech perk to invest in shops, they carry a lot more gold and also have more items to sell which helps later on.

FFFUUUUU...

There's a quest where I need to get a follower I don't care about (no spoilers). Every person I ask says I already have a follower. I killed my horse and completed quests where I might technically have a follower but no. The only one I ever got before was one from the Dark Brotherhood but I lost her ages ago (she hasn't reappeared at the Sanctuary). Looks like I won't be doing that one then.

Guest Marney1

Haven't played since before Christmas day due to being intoxicated and partying but can't wait to get back and do some rimming. Should have called my character Jack Churchill instead of letting my missus call him Boner.

churchill.jpg

If you've never heard of Jack Churchill scroll down to #3. The fucker was killing nazis with a bow & arrow in WW2 ffs!

sword.jpg

If I ever create a second character he's definitely going to be a looky-likey of that mad bastard.

“Any man who goes into battle without his sword is not properly dressed.” - Jack Churchill

• Like 1

Speaking of mining, I ran into a mine in one of the Orc strongholds that has shitloads of Ebony Ore. You can either sell it for lots of $$$$ or, obviously, make Ebony/Daedric stuff out of it.

I havent finished house of horrors either, i wanted to see if anyone had.

When you go after the Priest of Boethiah, don't enter the building he's in from the road. Go around, get on the mountains behind it, drop down to the top floor, and go in the door on the left. I think it's the left, anyway; if you don't see the prison cells right away, you went in the wrong door. Also, I don't remember what level you're at, but you're probably going to get your ass handed to you by the Forsworn. Level up some more.

Forsworn are easy, so are Hagravens. I tend to not do so well against Draugr deathlords and bandit chiefs since they close in with melee attacks. Then again I was wearing the Thieves Guild robes throughout most of the game so I had little to no armour.

Thats shit. I think there shud b a option saying 'i want u not my shit follower' to make it easier.

in fallout, they eventually had to add kiosks at a couple locations so you could bring up a menu that allowed you to fire your companion... people were losing them and not being able to recruit new ones... i never had that problem, and i haven't yet in skyrim since i only have one... but there should be a similar kiosk somewhere in the world... or maybe a bulletin board that allows you to do that... i think a kiosk might be out of place in the medieval times...

I used to have a follower but i have left them now, they get in the way a lot and i have a house to store my shit in. Im going to have a skyrim day 2moro. Its decided lol.