Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

seems like everyone is playing a stealthy archer/theif character... am i the only playing as a badass "run at the enemy" type of character?! my archery sucks for the most part, i am better at swinging my dual-wielded maces... i still keep a bow with me though...

my whiterun house is fully pimped out now, and loaded full of stuff i've collected... i made it to the top of high hrothgar last night before i stopped playing... i might use this as an opportunity to go on my own path as i have for the most part, tried to stay near the main quest... i think i am ready to head in the opposite direction, like to riften or something...

it's rare to be over-encumbered nowadays with my house to store stuff in... i went thru a cave and by the time i reached the end, i still had a good 5 lbs or space left... i am loving the feeling of not having to worry about my inventory anymore...

one of the caves i explored last night was full of vampires, yet i never contracted the virus... i still healed at a shine just to be on the safe side ;)... but i was shocked that i didn't turn into a vampire, i got knocked around pretty good down there...

slayed my first dragon outside the main story as well... i was fast-traveling to a mine i had past up earlier in my journey when the roar was heard above me... the music starts and now i've got a dragon to fight... yea, i died a few times before i finally figured out what i was doing wrong... almost lost lydia too, but she provided enough distraction so i was able to take it down... almost fought another one on my way to ivarstead but it was so high up in the air that it couldn't spot me down on the ground... dodge a bullet that time :D...

i think i need to get into the crafting aspects of this game... i need to learn some potion recipes, food recipes, and do a little crafting at the blacksmith station... i haven't done any enchanting either as i have no clue how to do it... i know it has to do with those soul gems, but that's all i know...

EDIT: ohh, i am now at level 9, 25 hours into the game... i've been dicking around a lot, looking at stuff, chopping wood, and taking in the beauty of the landscape... i am never one of those types of gamers that always go from point A to point B, nonstop... i stop to smell the roses a lot of times, then end up heading to point C instead :lol:...

I never use my arrow either, exept for killing dragons. Like i have said i use my blade of whithold to kill most of them, i only just started using potions and scrolls they are good fun, and im starting to get into the magic more. Havent played for a few days as i have been playin assassins creed, but since i have finished the story part now i will get back to business 2moro.

I'm not a huge fan of the hackin' and slashin'. It's certainly improved in Skyrim from Oblivion. I use my swords just as much as my bow, but for different situations. I've improved my one-handed enough to be able to lop people's heads off. It's such a beautiful finishing move and I get no greater pleasure than placing their head on a plate, in a pot, in a fire, on someone's bed, in the river, on their own crotch, etc. I'm not sure if there is a stat for the number of decapitations, but if there is - I'm guessing I am upwards of 40.

I don't bother with War Axes or Maces, just blades. Perhaps my next character will use more blunt objects.

11 guests? Holy shit.

11619704.jpg11880812.jpg12029263.jpg11774907.jpg11978172.jpg

These ones are all relevant to me, or were at some point. I've started emptying out some of the more useless potions in my inventory recently to make space. I've got 135+ hours and never worn that helmet. One of the first quests I had i'd already cleared the dungeon for it, actually I think it was the Dragonstone. And up until a week ago I didn't have dah unlocked.

I just found out that the level cap is apparently level 81, reached by increasing all skills to 100. But it is not possible for one character to unlock all skill perks. There are more than 250 total skill perks (including multi-point perks), but only around 80+20 (80 perks from leveling plus around 20 possible perks from quests) of them can be unlocked by any given character.

So generally you could make any character have all traits/skill styles, but not be able to max them all. I don't think it's fair how they've restricted your perks into trees though, so you have to take one route up in-order to get to the eventual perk you want. This can waste two or three perk points in each trait skill you want.

I might not even start a new character, I'll just max out my main skills and see what my options are from there.

Whittled the list of quests right down. I did a very interesting one in Markarth, probably the only quest so far to surprise me.

I also finally bought the house in Solitude and fully kitted it out, which means two mannequins to duplicate some of my prized apparel. I don't think it'll be long before I behead my Housecarl though, she's just an annoying bitch. I was hoping she'd at least tidy up a bit, I keep knocking things off shelves.

11 guests? Holy shit.

11769189.jpg

lololololololo

Does siding with the Stormcloaks or the Imperials affect your standing in Imperial cities? I'm debating on whether or not to join sides because I don't want to fuck up my good standing in Whiterun.

Short answer: no. Long answer: major spoiler:

When you complete the quest line all cities are covered by the same faction.

i've worn that helmet for 75% of my time in skyrim... i wear heavy armor and so far it's the only heavy armored helmet i've come across... and now that i have my own house, i don't have all those worthless potions in my inventory anymore... seriously, the health and stamina ones are the only ones i've used thus far...

the fus ro one applies now though :P... i haven't gotten the third part yet... and i did get offered a quest by the jarl of whiterun's wizard, but i had already cleaned out that cave, so my character just said, "what, this stone??" and ended that quest just as soon as i received it :D...

------------

home from work, now it's time to smoke down, make a drink, and take a trip to, umm... wherever the wind takes me i guess... i was thinking of going to riften, but i am not sure what i want to do right now...

i've worn that helmet for 75% of my time in skyrim... i wear heavy armor and so far it's the only heavy armored helmet i've come across... and now that i have my own house, i don't have all those worthless potions in my inventory anymore... seriously, the health and stamina ones are the only ones i've used thus far...

The enchanting potions and blacksmith potions are great for getting that extra bit of power when creating or crafting weapons. I keep them and Ultimate Healing/Magicka and Stamina only, but I pick up any potion I find.

i do pick up any potion i find... i just wasn't able to keep all of them until i got my own place... but yea, they sit in that chest, in the alchemy lab i never use... i know once the game's difficulty kicks it up a notch, i might need those resist fire/frost potions... i have yet to see the fabled ice troll from the slideshows in between loads...

but maybe today i might try to craft some shit... wouldn't hurt to at least see what i can do... is it possible to create health potions??

EDIT: am i the only one that finds moving objects in skyrim to not work the way you want it to?? in fallout, it was super easy to move and place objects... i can't get swords to go into the racks, and i can't get items to sit upright... fucking blows...

U can make things to increase health. I just ate loads of ingredience to find out what they do lol they used them for potions. I hate moving things, i just give up with it, took me ages to get a troll skull on my end table, wasnt worth it!

I started off picking up everything I found in chests, now i'm more selective and if I don't intend on using it myself and it won't sell for more than 1000 septims then I don't pick it up. (I did the same thing playing SW: KOTOR.) The only potions I pick up now are the ultimate healing and magica ones.

I've finally changed out of the Thieves Guild clothing into some glass armour since it's light. I think i'm going to stick with all glass weaponry and armour now; glass bow does 107 damage with 27 points of fire damage, I think that's enough for me. The sword and dagger combo are both upgraded too.

Today, the Skyrim topic beat out the Fallout topic for the second highest number of replies on the forums. Now let's see if it can overcome the hundreds of noob posts in the GTA V wishlist topic.

RE: Potions, does skyrim have the same issue as every other game with potions ever? I.E. resistance to freezing or something is total useless and all you need is to drip feed yourself health potions?

Yeah, I only use the healing potions, unless I'm getting bitch-slapped by a high-level mage, in which case I drink anything willy-nilly in a vain attempt to stay alive. Any decent non-healing potions get sold.

Hmm, I've just decided to create a 3rd character. He will be a skooma-addicted Khajiit who will be dedicated to pickpocketing and inserting his barbed penis into many a nord, male or female.

EDIT: You guys are going to laugh me out of the topic for this...

Because I've played the whole game hacking and slashing so far, using only my starting healing and flames spells, I just assumed that you had to learn spells from magically inclined npc's. I didn't realize you can learn spells from spell tomes. I thought the tomes were just for one-off spells like in Oblivion. I have heaps of them, and I never tried reading one. Not that I need them. I've made it to level 32 without them.

*Hides*

EDIT: You guys are going to laugh me out of the topic for this...

Because I've played the whole game hacking and slashing so far, using only my starting healing and flames spells, I just assumed that you had to learn spells from magically inclined npc's. I didn't realize you can learn spells from spell tomes. I thought the tomes were just for one-off spells like in Oblivion. I have heaps of them, and I never tried reading one. Not that I need them. I've made it to level 32 without them.

*Hides*

are you for REAL?!?! i have almost an entire row of books on my bookshelf of those... damn!!!

*is about to read some books once i finally finish this quest that passed a few locations on the way*

speaking of locations on the way to a quest, i ran across this cave of bandits with probably the best ring for my character yet...

ring-majorknight.jpg

better yet, this ring isn't even on the wikia...

http://elderscrolls....ight&fulltext=0

score!!! i was using a 15% sneak ring, but now i think i will add more strength to my tank... i am starting to just whip right thru caves at level 11, going on 12... i've taken down another dragon that spawned just outside of whiterun, right near where i slayed another... could this be the front gate to megaton all over again?!?! i've done a lot of smithing and ore collecting since my last post... i've made some food and tried some ingredients to see what they do...

hell, a friend stopped by to collect his winnings from the fantasy football league (stoic knows about it, the lepers won).... i was out exploring at the time and was letting him dictate the action, within reason of course... no murderous rampage, i can barely handle a few enemies at once... it was fun, he even had fun watching it unfold... i was out hunting and killed a few mammoths, some sabers, plenty of elk and wolf, a couple giants and a bunch of bandits...

even non-gamers like skyrim :D...

Today, the Skyrim topic beat out the Fallout topic for the second highest number of replies on the forums. Now let's see if it can overcome the hundreds of noob posts in the GTA V wishlist topic.

Of course it can. That thread is full of noobs, I don't want anything to do with it.

i like to surpise the enemy... make a noise to get their attention

Speaking of which, the Throw Voice shout is totally fucking useless. They can hear the voice you project, yes, but they also hear your whisper so after they realised that generic rock wall isn't the source, they come straight for you.

i like to surpise the enemy... make a noise to get their attention

Speaking of which, the Throw Voice shout is totally fucking useless. They can hear the voice you project, yes, but they also hear your whisper so after they realised that generic rock wall isn't the source, they come straight for you.

I know! I haven't had it work for me once. I point at a target as far away as I can, and they just look at it, and then turn in my direction.