Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

bOnEs, the main tip i could give you for starting out is start smithing early on if you want to be able to upgrade your gear regularly without feeling too short on cash. Just keep all your misc items instead of selling them, and then you should have plenty to smith with after each quest/roam.

smithing early... got it... i was actually planning on doing that anyways since my character will rely on armors and swords... he's going to be a "run into the middle of the battle" kind of fighter... i might try sneaking a bit, but i don't think it's going to work well with a tank-style character...

i am going to really really try to create a spell-resisting warrior... there's a few items i researched that i would need, and it is possible to create a character than can resist most of the damage, all sometimes as well... i don't know how many times in oblivion i had to run away from a spell caster... i am just not good with spells, so i plan on countering that with my breton warrior, who is able to resist spells, and throw some out himself...

we shall see though, i'm all talk at this point :lol:...

Anyone know the easiest way to catch the werewolf disease? I've not came across any werewolves as of yet and I've pretty much trekked most of the map.

I wanna no this 2

the wikia says you can get bit by one too, but i guess thats kind of hard to do unless you can get those werewolves to show themselves in public... i am assuming none of of them want to be exposed like that...

i am not sure that i want to be a werewolf right away anymore... i will weigh the options...

Yours sincerely, A fine gentleman with an iPhone.

There are feral werewolves in certain dungeons from which you can contract the disease, but it's a bit hit and miss as to whether you will actually contract it. Try as I might, so far I have failed completely at contracting Porphylic Haemophelia (or whatever the vampirism disease is called). If you try to contract Lycanthropy in this manor it could take either minutes or hours to contract so I would just do the Companion quests, I think it's only about halfway through their quests anyway.

I'm not entirely sure where i caught my vampire disease as i was unaware i had caught it. But i think the only vampire i had came across by that time was in a place where there were many fire traps on pillars. He was in a grassy grotto like room just beyond the flame corridor. I guess that's no help considering how massive Skyrim is and how many locations look fairly similar.

you got it in that one place, in that one town... you know, the one with the people walking around... you know what i am talking about...

the wikia says that the game tells you when you get it... but its easy to miss it if you're in the middle of the battle...

Why is it there's so much snow in this game but you never leave footprints in it? Most games with snow have a decal to show your tracks.

Oh I know several vampire locations just been unable to contract it thus far. Just lucky/unlucky I suppose.

Remember you can't get the vampire disease (or any disease) if you're a werewolf.

I'm so fucking good at sneaking, I don't leave footprints.

Also, no bathrooms in Skyrim? I've been shitting in the river upstream of Whiterun. It's now called Brownrun.

That's another thing I noticed, but I just assumed they conjured their shit to appear somewhere else.

you got it in that one place, in that one town... you know, the one with the people walking around... you know what i am talking about...

the wikia says that the game tells you when you get it... but its easy to miss it if you're in the middle of the battle...

Normally you can tell by the active effects section under the magic menu.

Oh I know several vampire locations just been unable to contract it thus far. Just lucky/unlucky I suppose.

Remember you can't get the vampire disease (or any disease) if you're a werewolf.

My current character is not a werewolf and doesn't have any magical or racial resistances to disease. I think it's like the game rolls a dice to decide whether you get it or not and so far it's not been in my favour. I'm not too bothered though just thought it might be useful as I am playing a stealth build at the mo.

@stoic - umm, thats how they took a shit back then... make sure you have accorns in your inventory though, or you could get hit with the stench virus, causing others to vomit in your pressence... not good for questing...

I would have stayed a vamp but u cant go out in sunlight so it put me off.

Yeah bit of a drawback, but I'm playing through the Thieve's Guild so am spending a lot of time sneaking around at night and breaking into houses anyway. I can feed while I'm looting. As for the weakness to fire; that can be solved with the right enchantments.

I think i'm the only one who doesn't want to become a vamp or werewolf. I always make sure I cure myself when I contract the disease.

Also, no bathrooms in Skyrim? I've been shitting in the river upstream of Whiterun. It's now called Brownrun.

That's another thing I noticed, but I just assumed they conjured their shit to appear somewhere else.

They probably use chamberpots. I don't steal vases or kettles from people's houses because I assume that someone's taken a shit in one of them.

They probably use chamberpots. I don't steal vases or kettles from people's houses because I assume that someone's taken a shit in one of them.

That's why I pick them up and put them on their head.