Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Got to level 100 in conjuration which means... two summoned Atronachs :D

pk4FV.jpg

Later I did a quest which you can only get with 90+ in conjuration and got the opportunity to snap this (arsed with lining them all up nicely)

kSTdd.jpg

And now I can summon two of these to fight with me permanently, but they're pretty useless as they fall behind, get stuck, and their attacks are pretty weak.

FbcA2.jpg

Finished the Dark Brotherhood quests yesterday and got my sneak up to 100. 30x backstab ftw :P. Now just gotta get my one handed and archery skills up to 100 to make it even more OP and who needs to waste time with all that daedric shit. :)

Guest Marney1

^ Well deserved imo. The rest of the chart looks shit. SR3 would've taken second if I got it my way.

I can see Skyrim topping the charts for a few months yet, most people are probably waiting for Christmas.

Like bOnEs :P

There are a couple of annoying things, like that u cant save when u want. I click start and its faded out sometimes and i have to wait!

Guest Marney1

There are a couple of annoying things, like that u cant save when u want. I click start and its faded out sometimes and i have to wait!

I think that's if you're doing a quest or enemy are nearby. Could be wrong but I'm sure someone here could tell us for certain.

it's probably because your game just auto-saved...

well, i figured out my character build... i'm going with a breton warrior... warrior because i suck when trying to use mages, and i am not ready to play as a master thief/assassin just yet... and brenton because of it's tank ability and it's mad magic resistance skills... i think this is a build that will get me through this game from start to finish...

and i figured out the direction i am heading once i feel like exploring... i am heading to riften :D...

I think that's if you're doing a quest or enemy are nearby. Could be wrong but I'm sure someone here could tell us for certain.

You can save at anytime during the game. If it's greyed out then you must be talking to someone or performing an action of some sort. There are no other restrictions on when you can save.

@Bones - originally Bretons were actually best as magic types, I think they're quite short as well.

is there a downside to being a werewolf?!?! they sound badass!! since i can control when i want to be one, i might try to get the disease... they're uber powerful, and if i need to cover a lot of ground, i can transform for a few minutes...

Yours sincerely, A fine gentleman with an iPhone.

Not really anything major, but in werewolf form you can't pick anything up or regain health except by feeding on human NPCs so using it in certain dungeons could become a problem. You get a passive 100% resistance to disease in both human and beast form though, which outweighs the drawbacks IMO.

is there a downside to being a werewolf?!?! they sound badass!! since i can control when i want to be one, i might try to get the disease... they're uber powerful, and if i need to cover a lot of ground, i can transform for a few minutes...

Only downside is that you don't get Well Rested or Rested bonuses from sleeping. Which give you temporary (8 hours) 10% or 5% experience boost, respectively. And people make certain comments, such as saying that you smell like wet dog.

so that's it?? wow, i am seriously considering it now... even if i rarely use it, resistance to diseases and the added benefits in wolf form make this a no-brainer...

i don't mind smelling like a dog :D...

bones, did you get the game or are you getting pregame jitters?

I played the fuck out of Skyrim this weekend. My save file is at just under 85 hours. I tried clearing out my miscellaneous tasks, and AGAIN, I got Skyrim'd. My mission list is longer than ever.

Here's a list of shit I did this weekend:

-Finally made my way to Riften; about to join up with the Thieves' Guild.

-Got married to the chick in Riverwood, the merchant's sister. I told her to stay in Riverwood, so she still sleeps in the same with her brother. When I came to see her, she gave me 800 gold and made me food. I left and didn't have to give her a reason. There is an speech option to have her move (presumably in with me), but I think I'll keep her ass there for awhile. Much better than IRL.

-Did the party mission (Diplomatic Immunity) which was pretty good.

-Did a mission in Northwatch Keep rescuing the guy's brother from Whiterun from the Thalmor. Got a SHITTON of Glass and Elven armor/weapons that turned into an incredible profit margin and my most advanced armor/weapons yet. I had to recruit a mule (Jenessa(?)) to help me carry all the shit back. I dismissed her after our trip back to my house to drop shit off. I don't use companions.

-During the process of creating all the weapons/armor, I maxed out my Smithing at 100. My weapons are the SHIT, son.

-Got arrested in Solitude, broke out of jail by knocking down the jail wall with one click. Easiest achievement of my life. Getting my equipment back was the hardest thing ever. Make sure you have a good save file pre-arrest.

I'm at 18 dragons killed so far. Seems like so many more, but each one has been equally epic. Had a Christmas party to go to Saturday night and my wife had to wait a few extra minutes because a dragon attacked as I was getting ready to save...

Ah, I am also on the cusp of becoming a werewolf - just been delaying it for some reason. Probably knock it out tonight or tomorrow.

ONE more thing - I had my first big glitch. As I was getting ready to leave Whiterun, the wall around the gate to Skyrim was gone and I could see the tower in the distance. I went around the gate, through what should have been a wall and walked all the way to the tower/fort to the west of Whiterun. As I got closer to the structures, the ground opened up and there were huge holes/trenches (perhaps the dungeons?) underneath them and the buildings disappear. There were no animals or plants or anything, it was just the shell of landscape. I walked back to Whiterun, got into the city by another hole in the wall, I could see the water streams flowing in midair that are supposed to be part of the waterfalls in town. Pretty fucking crazy. I reloaded as not to lose anything and the wall was there.

I like being a werewolf simply because it means I won't get that stupid vampire disease. I got hold of the Ring of Hircine so I can transform into a werewolf more than once a day for when I want to go on a random spree though.

I completed the Dark Brotherhood questline this afternoon. Was a bit boring really and I'm disappointed at the lack of variety in the random quests you get afterwards. Though I'm loving sneaking around with Invisibility in one hand and Mehrunes' Razor in the other. The Razor looks sick with Nightingale armour (though I've merged it with the Ancient Dark Brotherhood gloves for even more sneak attack pwnage).

Doesn't look like I'll ever finish the Thieves Guild questline.

I'm keeping the skeleton key until I'm at lockpicking level 100 and get the perk that stops lockpicks breaking, but I don't know if I have enough perks to get to that stage as well as unlock all the other perks I want. Might finish it for the achievement and reload an old save.

@stoic - pre game jitters... just getting prepared for what i want to do...

@duff - ring of hircine noted... i am filling up my dragon shout app with notes and item locations... i knew this app would useful...

I'm keeping the skeleton key until I'm at lockpicking level 100 and get the perk that stops lockpicks breaking, but I don't know if I have enough perks to get to that stage as well as unlock all the other perks I want. Might finish it for the achievement and reload an old save.

I'm in the same boat here. I started the thieves guild but don't want to give it back.

I'm in the same boat here. I started the thieves guild but don't want to give it back.

I hate it when Bethesda does this to us. All the really useful crap gets taken away if you want to finish the questline or make the wrong decision, yet I have a stupid number of enchanted rings that have minor effects when you can only wear one at a time.

the wikia site said you get to keep that item... you don't?? i won't finish it either then... i have that guild marked on my map for that very item... i probably wasn't going to finish it anyways, the companions is more akin to my character anyways

the wikia site said you get to keep that item... you don't?? i won't finish it either then... i have that guild marked on my map for that very item... i probably wasn't going to finish it anyways, the companions is more akin to my character anyways

Nope you get it in the penultimate quest and have to return it to its resting place in the final one, and you can't get it back afterwards. It's not like Oblivion where you got to keep it forever.

well fuck the key then, i'll have a million picks by then... i rarely broke bobby pins in fallout...

any other tips for starting out, or items to look into eventually in my journey?

I'm about level 29 now with most of my skill focus in the destruction, archery, sneaking and lockpicking categories. Probably about level 40-50 for each.