Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

O i see, thats shit then. * fingers crossed * it will be okay, at least you havent got through like 100 hours yet, it could be worse. I was gunna go there tho, i might leave it for a bit.

Something mildly interesting happened to me yesterday; Alvor caught me pickpocketing him and started to attack me, so I ran to the other end of Riverwood and Sigrid started attacking me. Gerdur appeared and I thought she would join in, instead she started attacking Alvor, who quickly killed her and then finally Ralof showed up out of nowhere and murdered both Alvor and Sigrid. I never lifted a finger except to dump the bodies under the bridge behind Alvor's house.

Something mildly interesting happened to me yesterday; Alvor caught me pickpocketing him and started to attack me, so I ran to the other end of Riverwood and Sigrid started attacking me. Gerdur appeared and I thought she would join in, instead she started attacking Alvor, who quickly killed her and then finally Ralof showed up out of nowhere and murdered both Alvor and Sigrid. I never lifted a finger except to dump the bodies under the bridge behind Alvor's house.

That river is great for disposing of bodies. One day, I am going to clear out Riverwood. Maybe on another save file...

Can you join more than one guild? I joined the thieves guild and was wondering because i've still got to join the Imperials or Stormcloaks according to my quests. I've only been methodically clearing out dungeons around the south-east corner of the map, haven't even been further north than Whiterun yet.

I'm nearly level 19 and have about 29 hours of play.

You can join multiple guilds at the same time. The civil war quest line is separate to other quest lines. In the civil war quest line you can only join one side, stormcloak or imperial... but they're both assholes.

Invisibility potion

• Ice Wraith Teeth
  • Chaurus Eggs

If you've cleared that lighthouse you'll have around 400+ Chaurus eggs

You can join multiple guilds at the same time. The civil war quest line is separate to other quest lines. In the civil war quest line you can only join one side, stormcloak or imperial... but they're both assholes.

I think I was going to join the Imperials. But could I say, join a magic guild too?

How do you no how many hours u have been playing?

From the save file.

Dont u have another save file? Just start from there and try again.

I had been alternating between 2 save files but because I thought the crackling static sound was my speakers I turned them off and because the TV volume was a lot lower I saved again without realising the sound was still there. So much for having a back up save, they're both fucked now.

I'm going to leave the PS3 turned off while I go the shop and see if it magically fixes itself when I get back.

I see you also have the PS3 version. Lucky you...

Have you experienced any problems with serious framerate drops/freezing due to save file size yet? I think it kicks in when your save file goes over 5mb. I haven't been able to patch the game yet, and my sessions are being limited to around an hour at a time, as my save files are 12-13mb now. I've still managed to get to over 70 hours of gameplay, though.

Dont u have another save file? Just start from there and try again.

I had been alternating between 2 save files but because I thought the crackling static sound was my speakers I turned them off and because the TV volume was a lot lower I saved again without realising the sound was still there. So much for having a back up save, they're both fucked now.

I'm going to leave the PS3 turned off while I go the shop and see if it magically fixes itself when I get back.

I see you also have the PS3 version. Lucky you...

Have you experienced any problems with serious framerate drops/freezing due to save file size yet? I think it kicks in when your save file goes over 5mb. I haven't been able to patch the game yet, and my sessions are being limited to around an hour at a time, as my save files are 12-13mb now. I've still managed to get to over 70 hours of gameplay, though.

I'm over 5000KB and my game does lag a bit from time to time, i'm at about 35 hours now... but I do play for several hours at a time. Well, the PS3 is on for several hours... I play for a few, leave it, then go back to it, so the console is probably melting itself from within.

Invisibility potion

• Ice Wraith Teeth
  • Chaurus Eggs

If you've cleared that lighthouse you'll have around 400+ Chaurus eggs

Get to level 75 in Illusion (easy if you just walk around casting Muffle on yourself) and you can get the Invisibility spell. Much better than walking around with a million potions (and trying to find enough Ice Wraiths).

Having said that, it sucks how Invisibility is disabled as soon as you do ANYTHING.

I think I was going to join the Imperials. But could I say, join a magic guild too?

yes

Reading about all the bugs in this game, there are loads of them...

The only annoying one i've had so far besides the lag is the bookshelves in Breezehome are broken. I filled them with books, a message came up saying I couldn't place any more but it allowed me to add more anyway (I was mashing the button to empty the books out of my inventory.) After that the bookshelf is empty and activating it does nothing.

Oh look just after I posted this I went back to the PS3 and there was a notification telling me a new patch for the game has been found. 2.02...

Hopefully it'll fix said errors.

Xbox version seems a bit cleaner in terms of bugs. Had a patch today but no idea what it did.

That's the problem with Elder Scrolls games. They're so heavily dependent on scripting and there's a million variables for everything, it's so easy for something to go wrong.

Woo! Look!

General stability improvements

Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles

Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly

Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes

Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading

Fuck yea, bet i'll have lost all those books though. And I was really going to read them all too, honest.

I had some SERIOUS frame rate issues earlier, so much so that it froze the game. Restarted and it was fine. Weird!

I get that a lot. Ended up yesterday freezing for 10 seconds every time I mauled someone as a werewolf. It would zoom in on my character staring at an Imperial Guard's crotch before ripping his face to pieces.

I had some SERIOUS frame rate issues earlier, so much so that it froze the game. Restarted and it was fine. Weird!

Yup, just had the same thing myself. First time it happened a few days ago it went back to normal after 60 seconds or so, but now it isn't... looks like i'm fucked then.

Obviously the patch didn't fix that.

I'd imagine that was the reason, obviously it's struggling to place all the random items and people and the map.

I don't know if deleting save data from other games helps.

Keep an eye on the size of your save file. I've just deleted my game data for GT5 to free up some space, game data not save data which takes up relatively little space and means if I do reinstall GT5 I can carry on where I left off.

Lets see if it's made any discernable difference...