Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Since my PS3 died, I started a new game on the PC version. Graphics are way better than the console. Nearly looks like a different game! My PC was an epic gaming machine about 2 years ago and it can still run it on High settings, but I turned a few things down like shadows and some of the draw distance because it was lagging at certain points.

So far I've killed the first dragon and just got Lydia as my housecarl again. But I've literally been going around pickpocketing EVERYTHING that EVERYONE has. Quick save before, steal... Get caught? Quick load (2 seconds) and try again till it works. My Pickpocket skill is already 66 or something and I'm literally only about 2 hours into the game. Level 9 or 10 already because of that, my Iron Dagger smithing and some lockpicking. Unfortunately my speech isn't high enough yet to Persuade that guy in Riften to boost my speech, but I'll get there.

Also did the opposite thing with that guy in Riverwood this time and told the girl about the letter, so he's my friend now and I can get free Archery training from him :D

Really need to raise my speech though to get the perks so I can sell stolen items. I've got so much jewellery I need to get rid of.

Too much to type - I played all weekend.

Finally beat the Dragon Lord that had been giving me shit, Kronis @ Shearpoint. All it took was one FUS DO RAH (which is Nord for SUCK MAH DICK) to blow him off the point. The fall did a bunch of damage to him and I was able to finish him off with a couple of well aimed arrows that do magic damage. Got his bad ass fireball staff. My rapping wizard is almost complete.

Mask is cool, don't want to sell it or give it away!

Keep the mask, collect the rest, and find the ninth. :)

Guest Marney1

Skyrim becomes first western game to get Famitsu 40/40

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the first western title to get a full score from Famitsu. The incredible Bethesda open-world RPG is the 17th game in the publication’s 25 year history to get a 40/40 in the magazine’s latest issue, according to this Japanese site via a tweet from RPGSite‘s US Editor, Erren Van Duine. Still not enough indication it’s not going to sweep every game of the year award on the planet, though (note: of course it will). Go nuts, Japanese-reading massive.

don't wanna take away form your article marney, but i got a good one...

http://www.g4tv.com/...k-28-fbfantrack

apparently an app is about to come out with an interactive map to better help you keep track of locations, notes and such... i am downloading it as soon as it comes out, i want to see just how big of a world i will be dealing with... i guess it would make a nice handy journal for my adventures as well... you can place interactive markers and mark battles, quests, items and stuff... might be useful when cross-referencing the elder scrolls wiki as well... mark the stuff up in the app, then try to find it in the game...

i see lots of potential uses with this... too bad it seems out of place in the medieval world of skyrim :P...

http://www.dragonshoutapp.com/

Boosted my speech to 100 last night which in turn has ranked me up to about level 25 or something (not bad for about 4 hours play). Pickpocketing is 67 or so now. Been stealing everything worth more than 50 gold from people :D.

Was on my way to do probably my first quest since getting Lydia when I went into a cave and ended up fighting vampires for half an hour, catching their horrible disease. Hopefully I can remove it through a blessing before it gets too bad.

Also got my new slim PS3 today. Assuming Playstation+ backed up my saves, I may be able to continue that game if I can be bothered to stop playing on PC.

I had set Steam to not automatically update Skyrim, because I was sure the update would just fuck things up, but it started downloading it anyway, so if it fucks anything up I'll post it here.

Got Skyrim yesterday just to see what it was like cos i love fallout. Never played any of the elder scrolls before. Loving the Archery 1 hit kill sneak attacks, not loving when one bad guy sees another bad guy dead on the floor and doesn't react. And i don't like all the spell casting shit part from the shouts, they're useful. And i'm still running away from the dragons unless they're near a town and i've got back up from the guards lol or i'm near some kick-ass giants.

They've gotta put in bows and arrows into the next fallout game!!

If anyone's got any useful tips on the game let me know. I need all the help i can get. Maybe where i can fine some sort of rifle or shotgun, just something that fires bullets lol.

I played for a few hours last night and didn't run into any of the errors that have been mentioned. I'm itching to go home and finish the quest I was on last night - I am trying to retrieve a scroll for some chick in the High Gate Ruins - she said there is a powerful priest named Vokun guarding it - I am pretty sure he is one of the dragon priests. I got hung up last night at a level puzzle and just decided to save and go to bed.

So much rimming... Where to begin...

I fought two dragons at once yesterday. Kinda. Two of them were flying around above me, I had 2 red dots on the map thing, but then one of them just fell down dead right in front of me and I absorbed it's soul. The other one landed right next to it and had like 25% health left so I killed it in a few hits and absorbed it's soul too. Weird, but cool. Free souls and dragon bones! Dunno if they were fighting each other, or if it was just a glitch. Another time a dragon just crash landed next to me, upside down and was nearly dead too. Guess they're too scared of my Daedric armour.

Managed to rank up my Enchantment to 100 by buying all of the Dragonsreach guys soul gems then waiting 48 hours and buying them all again. Then enchanting my 400 iron daggers that I made when leveling up my smithing and selling them back to him. Got there eventually and I'm now in the region of 130,000 in profit.

Used the perks to improve my enchantments, and then enchanted clothing which improved my alchemy and smithing. Then made an alchemy potion to improve my enchanting and smithing. Then used that potion to make even stronger Alchemy/smithing clothing, then repeated a few times. In the end I can boost my smithing to about 200% meaning I improved my Daedric bow to do over 200 damage and it's worth over 11,000. Not only that but I created a Giant's Toe and Wheat (most expensive) potion with my enchanted clothing on and it's worth over 4,000 gold :D

Now have 100 skill for:

Sneak

Pickpocket

Alchemy

Enchanting

Smithing

Just started doing the quests. Only done like 6 side ones and 5 main ones. Mainly just been leveling my stuff up, but I'm pretty unstoppable now.

Oh yeah, there's an invisible chest full of awesome items just to the left of the mine entrance in Dawnstar. Looks like it's full of a shop keeper's items but you can open it and take it all. If anyone cares I'll post proper instructions but there's probably a youtube video already.

During the first quest at the magic college when you get given the gloves to clean stuff, they pretty much refill your magica instantly (or at least a lot more quickly) so you can use them to help you boost your magic by a lot of levels.

Also there's an exploit to get infinite XP and level up all your skills to 100 by reading a book, but that's kinda spoiling it, although I might do it on PS3 once I start playing again because of the time and effort I've put into the PC version in the past week. Level 52 now in about 50 hours of play.

I had a bit of a random experience. I was hunting near Whiterun and got blasted by a dragon which then disappeared from view, I heard it roar so I followed the sound and as I got over a hill, the dragon was on the ground biting at a giant. The giant preceded to club the dragon to death and then, for no apparent reason, ran into the Halted Steam camp and set about murdering all the bandits. All the time I just sat at a distance and watched and it was quite comical to see the giant running up onto the platforms and sending bandits flying every which way. I got a free dragon soul without even having to lift a finger, I waited for the giant to skulk off and then entered the mine inside the camp, finished off the last few bandits and looted the mine.

I can kill a giant in two hits, mammoths take a few more. But I don't like killing them too quickly (just agro them), i've noticed Giants seem to deal a lot of damage. So I just stand there and take the hits, keep drinking potions and using health spells, it's probably the quickest way to train heavy armour, light armour or block skills.

• Like 1