Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Ouch. :| I have 2 running saves of exactly the same thing and I'm only playing one character at the moment. I refuse to lose my progress.. Made Ebony armor this morning. *growls*

What overall level are you, i'm 31 and I think that making ebony armour would push me to about 33. But my combat skills won't be high enough to compensate for the increase in level! Do you enchant your armour?

I'm level 35 now I think (Y) Had to turn the difficulty down a bit because I'm sick of dying and needing to replay certain bits. More fun when it's a bit of a challenge, but I can kill more than 1 person without dying. I think you get more XP on harder difficulty levels though?

You already look like a nerd.

:scooter:

:angry: Puny milk drinker! I shall smite thee with my mighty dil... err warhammer...

The only negative aspect of this game so far is that as with the previous games there is so much choice when creating characters that I find it hard to stick with one. I must have restarted about a dozen times already.

I finally got myself cured. I couldn't find a sleeping person without getting masses of guards chasing me, so i ended up feeding on Thonnir in Morthal. I hope that doesn't effect any outstanding quest i might have with him... Providing he isn't dead after my feed that is...

So I spent most of the night improving my stealth to 100 thanks to a glitch/bug/exploit/trick at High Hrothgar or whatever it's called. Also improved my Smithing to 100 using the iron dagger trick. Level 44 now!

I heard that if you bump both enchantment and smithing to 100, you can get your armour to 6x as powerful as the standard armour.

/edit

Exploit For Extremely Powerful Armor

weapon charge count is bugged after exiting and relaunching skyrim and loading a save, a possible way to fix this is by waiting for the creation kit and making a custom weapon

Using Alchemy, enchanting and smithing, ultimate weapons can be made. To do this, start by using Alchemy to create potions of "Fortify Enchanting", which allows the player to create stronger enchantments of "Fortify Alchemy". The player can now create a stronger potion of "Fortify Enchanting" and so on building on each other. The process is described below.

Usually the player can make a set of four items of +25% alchemy skill for any fortification skill like alchemy and enchanting. There is an exploit in which you can wear a Falmer helmet over a circlet and both have stacked effects [Tested PS3]; quite useful for this. So now make 25% fortify alchemy enchantments on the Falmer Helmet, any ring, any necklace, and gloves/bracers and a circlet. Note that the falmer helmet and circlet can be worn at once. Wear all of the enchanted equipment and make a fortify enchanting potion. With this potion, you should be able to create fortify 29% alchemy and smithing enchantments. Also while enchanting try to be quick as potion lasts for 30 seconds. Note that there is a cap of 29% fortifying alchemy and smithing enchantments so going over this number is not possible. Using this you should be able to create 147% smithing fortification potion [Tested PS3]. Also a 37% enchanting fortification potion can be created but since 29% has been reached its not much useful for this but quite good for other enchantments.

Using this we would get 4 x 29% smithing gear and 147% smithing potions. Using these, staggeringly powerful weapons and armors can be made and improved.

For this process to be possible it is requiered to have 100% in enchanting, alchemy and smithing with the relevant perks.

Note: This process uses the falmer helmet worn over circlet glitch which ultimately allows a potion of 147% fortify smithing potion and 37% enchanting potion to be brewed.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Enchanting_(Skyrim)

Yeah i've been doing something similar. I've made my ebony sword (legendary) do 144 damage, im level 35. I just used various fortify one-handed enchantments, high level smithing improvements and some blacksmith potions. I don't want to do the alchemy loop because I don't feel like wasting perks in it, instead I just bought 20% blacksmith potions, as opposed to making my own 29% potion. I don't think the 9% will have too much difference, at least not at the level i'm working at.

PS. I think I hit 70+ hours

This thread is too dead for all the content!!!! So i'm going to unload some random shit:

Still haven't met any dragon lords yet and i'm level 36! I want to get all of those masks, btw don't sell or lose any. Collect them, they're important if you want an additional final mask.

I've managed to get 96%+ enchantments on fortify one-handed, as well as the one-handed perks which give 100% fortify. This means 196% more one-handed damage, sweet. The enchanting and smithing trees are definitely worth investing in, they can improve your combat ability a lot.

I'm really enjoying the deadric quests, they're probably my favourite type so far. The companions guild quest line was kind of disappointing, not very challenging and the rewards weren't that great. Quite enjoying the thieves guild quests though, can't wait to restore her to former glory and make even more money. Trying to get to that 100,000 coin achievement (40K and counting)!

I'm starting to fight dragons very easily now, as soon as they get to the ground I just whack them a few times. I'm also not using my shield that much anymore, I have an armour rating of about 600 I think. I can kill giants with two hits, but I still can't fight magic very well <_<

Anybody seen some random unexplained stuff? I saw the ghost of a headless horseman riding through skyrim, just outside Whiterun. I couldn't stop him to talk or anything, he just rode past me. I also found a random dead guy called Balbus, he had a misc item with him called Balbus' fork or something. It looks like one of those forks people used to use to search for water. No idea what it's used for though.

I found a random item for purchase from one of the shop keepers which was basically a chest called "Do Not Delete" o_O. Bought it for 200 gold but it doesn't do anything.

Then my PS3 died. I had 74,000 gold thanks to some awesome tricks I've tracked down online. Such as raising pickpocketing to the point you can place potions and poisons, creating paralysis potions and planting it on someone then pickpocketing them as they are getting up from the poison for 100% success rate. Stole back 10k which I spent on the pickpocketing trainer :D

Just ordered a new PS3 though so I'll be able to continue by the end of the week, but until then I'll be playing on the PC version.

quote name='Indy' timestamp='1322137095' post='19771'

quote name='Asthenia' timestamp='1322126936' post='19743'

Ouch. :| I have 2 running saves of exactly the same thing and I'm only playing one character at the moment. I refuse to lose my progress.. Made Ebony armor this morning. *growls*

What overall level are you, i'm 31 and I think that making ebony armour would push me to about 33. But my combat skills won't be high enough to compensate for the increase in level! Do you enchant your armour?

---

I have some enchanted Ebony armour, yeah. Major health, um... something else. Destruction magic enchantment on the helmet. I'm level 38 I think, it's been a couple of days since I played. My combat skills aren't on a par with what level I am, and I'm working on getting that up, but I still smash the tits off most anything that comes near me.

quote name='Edge' timestamp='1322137767' post='19779'

quote name='Asthenia' timestamp='1322127966' post='19746'

You already look like a nerd.

:scooter:

:angry: Puny milk drinker! I shall smite thee with my mighty dil... err warhammer...

The only negative aspect of this game so far is that as with the previous games there is so much choice when creating characters that I find it hard to stick with one. I must have restarted about a dozen times already.

---

Bring it, bonehead! *flames on and runs backwards through the trees*

'Indy' timestamp='1322151999' post='19801'

Whenever I do the freeze shout my game lags like fuck. It skips a load of frames and then I just see some frozen people on the floor. Anyone else notice this problem?

Is it after a few hours playing? Do you play on PS3? It'll be patched next week... there's an issue with the size of your save file, it lags the game after a while.

'Indy' timestamp='1322307549' post='19989'

Yeah i've been doing something similar. I've made my ebony sword (legendary) do 144 damage, im level 35. I just used various fortify one-handed enchantments, high level smithing improvements and some blacksmith potions. I don't want to do the alchemy loop because I don't feel like wasting perks in it, instead I just bought 20% blacksmith potions, as opposed to making my own 29% potion. I don't think the 9% will have too much difference, at least not at the level i'm working at.

PS. I think I hit 70+ hours

---

My swords are enchanted with Major Drain of Health (something along those lines). ^_^ 91 hours now. :D

'Indy' timestamp='1322331393' post='20017'

Why the fuck is daedric armour better than dragon?! <_< At least it means I won't have to use another perk in my smith tree!

---

Because FUCK YOU! Daedric Armour is the best! Dragon Armor looks cool, but I think a Dragon bone sword would look so boss, I'm sad that they left something like that out. It wouldn't be much use and it would break but it would look coooooooool!!

But yeah you're talking to a straight up Daedric worshipper... Heh. The Dovahkiin worships the Daedra.

also fuck the quotes on this forum!!

Too much to type - I played all weekend.

Finally beat the Dragon Lord that had been giving me shit, Kronis @ Shearpoint. All it took was one FUS DO RAH (which is Nord for SUCK MAH DICK) to blow him off the point. The fall did a bunch of damage to him and I was able to finish him off with a couple of well aimed arrows that do magic damage. Got his bad ass fireball staff. My rapping wizard is almost complete.

Mask is cool, don't want to sell it or give it away!

I don't think it does. Went through a fort on a College of Winterhold quest dual-wielding staffs and didn't raise my skill until I got tired of my fireball staff throwing loot around and went back to regular spells.

You do look like a badass with two staffs, though. Also, lol @ spell check claiming that "staves" isn't a word. "Staffs" it is, then...