Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:54 PM, Ginginho said:

Can I ask your advice?  There is a civil war going on but I have no idea why... Are the Nords just haters or is the Imperial Army to blame?  Why would the Stormcloaks want a Breton fighting for them if they hate us...  Any useful information would be appreciated as I can't get an unbiased opinion round these parts...

I always fight for the Empire, unless I play a Nord.  While both sides are equally shitty, I could never get past fighting along side a race that hates all but their own.

Yeah i'd go with that too, although sometimes I might play a Nord who's loyal to the Empire. My current character sat on the fence for a while, being a Breton it wasn't really her concern who won. She escaped Helgen with Ralof - only logical as the Empire was going to kill her moments before. Eventually she went to Windhelm and spoke with Ulfric, considered joining the Stormcloaks but the more she heard about their ideals she felt the Empire was the right choice. Although she supported the Empire in the end she didn't like the Thalmor and eliminated them wherever possible, she felt that the Empire would be stronger with a united Skyrim and able to stand up to the "damn elves."

my first character was a breton tank warrior... he sided with the stormcloaks because of their idea for a free skyrim... even tho they focused more on the freedom of all nords (which is what the majority of skyrim was) it seemed like i was more leery of the thalmor on the other side anyways...

2nd character, a bosmer, avoided the whole civil war entirely... i don't think i even bothered with the dragonborn quest... she just focused on being a sneak thief archer who carried out contracts for the dark brotherhood...

my current file is the only one that i've given the empire a chance to shine... my redguard will keep the tradition of the empire alive...

I think Redguard is the only other race I could logically see siding with the Stormcloaks as they have no love for the Empire (I know not many races do, but I think Redguards would sympathise with the Nords as they were in a similar situation, but instead chose to cede from the Empire rather than accept the terms of the White-Gold concordat.) Other races would be pretty neutral in regards to the war and could go either way. However maybe i'm missing something obvious, my lore knowledge does have a lot of holes in it.

yea thats why i went with a glory of battle kind of guy... he's only in it for the gold and valor :D... the empire hasn't been kind to redguards, you're right, but, again, he doesn't give a rat's ass what side wins :lol:... he's also in the dark brotherhood, so he shows no favoritism to any race or side, he just wants to be remembered...

because i wanted to play as a redguard finally (dual-wield magic/sword), and because i have never done the empire story, i decided to justify a way to make it work lol... being the dragonborn tho also gives him this sense of entitlement, so i try to be as cocky as i can be :lol:...

I think i've played as a Redguard once at least, can't remember anything specific about what sort of character I made though. My next character will be a Redguard, probably pro Stormcloak but a somewhat roguish, heavy weapon user. Might join the Companions and possibly also the Blades too. Whereas my current Breton is 60/40 magic/one handed he/she will be somewhat closer to 70/30 two handed/magic.

Only race i'm pretty sure I haven't played at this point is Wood Elf, they just seem completely boring to me. Too generic compared to a Dark or High Elf.

maybe my female was a high elf... all i know is she had pointy ears :P... i know that some day i want to commit to an orc run, where i play a complete mentaly unstable killer who snaps at people and just tries to kill them all the time... i think navigating towns will be kind of hard to do lol :lol:... and dammit, i want to be a khajiit too one day :(...

I've always wanted to be a totally unscrupulous Argonian who is constantly on the move, committing theft, and getting into bar fights. But for some reason I can't get myself to play as a non humanoid. 

Also, why does literally everybody sound like they're from Game of Thrones except the imperial general sounds like some old douche from North Dakota?

That's one thing the next ES game needs, at least four times the voice actors.

"Name's Nils, i'm the cook up at Candlehearth Hall."

That's funny, 'cause you sound exactly like Calixto, plus some guy I know at the college called Tolfdir and several other elderly men I "bumped into" along the way.

One of two things that bugs me about the game, the other is no footprints in the snow.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm back... remember me, Bilibob the Breton...

Taking a break from marauding. Bought some land and built a house over in Lakeview - I had most of the resources, just had to get some timber, which I'm getting free from Hod, as long as I cut it myself.  Nice house but now I can't be bothered moving all my cool stuff over from Breezehome.  

I was just about finished the renovations when I remembered the talking dog I found and well, what do you know?  Two months later, he was still in the same place.  Got a cool little mask out of that one...

Talking of masks, I constantly wear the Krosis mask with mostly glass armour - look like a straight up bad ass.  Ebony weapons all the way, my bow enchanted with a soul catcher and my sword and axe with fire.  Barely even sneak now, just stroll up and smack 'em over the head.  

I finally made it to Riften and have been doing jobs for and getting precious jewels for some residents who pay for them with a crappy potion I could have made myself...  mostly fucking Argonians, of course.  They're a pack of niggards!!

Things were looking quite grim for me and Lydia for a while... I kept hitting her with fire spells and she got pissed at me... I gave her a staff of fireballs as an apology, which she used to bombard me with when fighting... she keeps giving me up when sneaking up on baddies...  There was tension.  I went to join the Companions and she got uppity about them testing my combat ability which turned into a war against them.  I might go back without her and see if they forgive me.  

But, build a new house and take a quick trip to Riften and she's all of a sudden lovey dovey, wanting to know if I'm interested in her.   

I think I'll marry her, set her up in Lakeview Manor and then go and explore the seedy sides of Riften... the are rumours of someone who can change your face and I have to check out some apparent bitch who runs the orphanage.  Then, I'll join the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood and go dark.  Hopefully, by the time I get back to Lakeview, Lydia and Rayya are very close friends who don't mind sharing, if you know what I mean...

Until next time, fuck ast...

• Like 4

Whew, a lot has happened and I haven't had a chance to let you know what old Bilibob's been up to...

Recovered my penis and got married....

Met a vampire lover.  Took said lover to Lakeview where I caught my wife, Lydia, in bed with my female housecarl, Rayya.  Boom, orgy time!!  Took some skooma and jumped in the sack for some lovers comfort...  

My vampire lover asks me to kill her dad so I do... now she wants nothing to do with me...  what a bitch!! 

I've been both a vampire and a werewolf but didn't stay that way because I value my humanity too much...

Made the switch from light armour and one handed weapons to heavy armour and two handed weapons.  Kitted out in all ebony with the mask of Rahgot.  The black suit is really brought to life by the metallic green shine of the mask.... listen to me! I sound like those girls at Radiant Raiment!!!  I need to work out how you get those pictures of yourselves on here... I have heard of a magic stick, the Useful Sketchers Bough (USB), that can do it but I don't know if this is a real thing...

I've bought every property I can find so far but I lose track of where they are... Lakeview is still my base but I am sure I have another block of land in Hjaalmarch and houses in Solitude and Windhelm...

Found an ancient forge with a sexy ghost chick... made an aetherium crown that can give me 2 standing stone charms but I don't want to give up my masks...

I must remember to tell that kid in Windhelm that I killed the meanie at the orphanage...

Spent a ridiculous amount of time in the Forgotten Vale looking for ancient Flamer tomes and gem paragons, which was fun because I like killing falmer...

So much else that I can't remember, especially that night with Sam...

Now that I have sorted all the small, random quests, it's now time to either: a) go see the greybeards, b ) see what this civil war is all about or c) join the Thieves guild

Any recommendations??  Is there any other fun a happy-go-lucky Breton can get up to round Skyrim??

I had a dream I was in a futuristic world where the crossbows shot like cannons and the armour was powered with some type of Dwemer technology, but the best part was that you could create all sorts of wonderful things using seemingly useless items like tankards and embalming tools.... so awesome!!

Anyway, thanks for your time.  If I remember anything exciting, I'll let you know.  Until next time, fuck Ast.

• Like 4

billibob, what a fucking legend...

two apps to download... the playstation messenger app... and dropbox... create a dummy account on PSN and send your images to that account via a message... now on your phone, go to that message thread and download the photo... upload it to dropbox... BOOM! or you can upload the pics straight to here after downloading if you're using a browser on your phone... but its hard to type long messages and upload photos with the phone...

but that's how i used to do it until i formatted an external drive to MS-DOS... now i can freely transfer files from PS to PC...

fuck ast (he has a kid now btw if you didn't know)...

9 hours ago, CaPn bOnEs said:

fuck ast (he has a kid now btw if you didn't know)...

I'll laugh merrily the day I hear Pieface has had offspring.

Your tales are truly legendary Mr. Billibob.

I have been having trouble accessing my portal... a fat kid dressed up like a bandit, calling himself the Coon, keeps blocking it...  he keeps saying I need to respect his authoriteh so I will post some more adventures once I sort this kid out...

• Like 2

Hello, yes Viceman, it was another dimension and I have explored it and conquered it, well most of it...  It was a strange world but with parallels to my life in Skyrim... for example, i was new in town and entering a time of civil war, I had special Shouts but they came from my arse and I battled all sorts of weird and wonderful life forms... South Park is a very small town, however, so I was able to see everything rather quickly... 

The special powers I had in South Park got me interested in my real powers so first thing I did when I got back was go and see the Greybeards...  they taught me a few words to add to some of my shouts but I already had another 15 or so ready to blast so I didn't really learn too much...

So after running around after those lazy fucks for a while, I got attacked by some cultists... bad move on their part.  Found out some wanker on Solstheim is out to get me... I have total confidence in my abilities now so off I went to sort them out... 

Solstheim is a strange place, fiery and hot, with the volcano looming over it and when I got there most of the people were in some sort of trance, building temples... 

I am now in the process of exploring and killing and looting as normal... It seems Hermaeus Mora (is that you, Massacre?) is stirring again and his lackey Miraak is behind my assassination attempt.  But, of course, I find myself doing random shit for all sorts of lazy people - I know I should tell them to bugger off, but I like to be helpful and you never know what reward might come your way.  For example, I have learnt how to craft using stalhrim, an enchanted ice as strong as ebony, because I helped the people of Skaal Village find their blacksmith.  

I have invested in a mine with a dark elf who is excavating it but he is starting to piss me off as he is very arrogant and keeps asking for more money... I think he will die when his usefulness to me has expired... his journals suggest he is a bit dodgy too...

I hate the Thalmor! Every time there is something real shady going on, they are around.  I can't wait to break into their embassy when I'm back in Skyrim and fucking them up.  Hopefully, in the future, I will get a chance to wipe them off the face of the world - if not here, Morrowind, Cyrodiil or anywhere else would be fine...

It's been over a year since I arrived in Skyrim and how time flies!!!  Still a lot to do, maybe even sort this civil war thing out but I think a battle between Dragonborns is on the cards... Hey Mirakk, come at me, brah!!  I am sure he is a fire mage and I am going to be using stalhrim armour and weaponry, enchanted with frost.  The battle will be so epic, the bards will be singing a Song of Ice and Fire for years to come... actually, I know a scribe called George, maybe he can help write my story...

Until next time, fuck ast and watch out for dragons...

• Like 5

I thought you'd already conquered Solstheim. I hear there's also an island up north full of synths and crazed people worshipping atoms... i've seen it in a vison but I do not know what the words mean, it definitely sounds like a job for the last dragonborn. I'm currently stuck in 19th century London which is apparently a real place, i'm also simultaneously stuck in other strange places that I warp between at random. It's so confusing living in the matrix. I hear the faint galloping of horses and gunshots ringing out like some ill omen, a portent of things to come perhaps. I also see the words "microtransactions" and "extortion" everywhere, how this relates to anything I don't know.

I just don't know.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 4

Haha Viceman, I believe I said I was considering going to Solstheim but I got distracted on the way by a cave, which led to ruins, which led to me to forget where I was originally going...

I think I have wound up my Solstheim adventure now, so, do I join a side in the civil war OR carry on with my main quest?  I wonder if there are any advantages either way...  I believe I have to break into the Thalmor Embassy next and I love killing me some Thalmors...  perhaps I have answered my own question.

So i've been playing this in PS VR... Honestly feels like next level shit! Everything feels bigger, and obviously it feels like you are in the world rather than watching in on a screen.  And the independent hand movement for weapons and magic is something else too.

If this is just the start of what is to come, next gen VR with next gen Elderscrolls running at 4k per eye will be mind blowing!

• Like 1

The spell has been broken...  The completionist in me ruined my RPG experience.

I joined the war, which I felt was out of character for old Bilibob, but I just HAD to complete everything I could.  Now, I can't be bothered carrying on, just a couple of missions into the Civil War section.  But I will... because the Completionist owns my soul now and it will not find rest until I have completed...

Any word on Elder Scrolls 6?  Is it worth stepping back and playing Oblivion?

The only news I hear about the next Bethesda games are stupid sites claiming they're either cancelled or blaming a previous Bethesda game for its delay - it's Fallout's fault that ES games are 'delayed' and it's ES' fault that Fallout games are 'delayed'. Basically if a developer isn't talking non stop about their next game - even if it's release is a long time away - then it's been cancelled and we should all give up hope. Same with R*, it's Red Dead's fault that GTA VI is 'delayed' (nothing to do with R*s new found love for microtransactions of course.)  I wish I could smack these overexaggerating, drama seeking, sensationalist editors.

• Like 1

i heard a rumor that bethesda is gonna release one of their 3 unannounced new IPs this year... if it is along the same lines, gameplay wise, as skyrim and fallout, i'll buy whatever the hell it is, tbh... i am a bethesda fan when it comes to their open worlds...