Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

same with fallout... i like games that allow you to save whenever, wherever... it lets you experiment and try a couple if things without fear of messing up your game...

@stoic - sorry, i chose to play saints row first because of past experience... my past experience with oblivion told me i could hold off on skyrim... plus i cant play two games at once...

patience, horny grasshopper... patience...

Guest Marney1 is sexy

Wherever you are when you save, that's where you are when you load. No exceptions.

That's exactly the answer I wanted. :)

I've started trying to improve my smithing and enchantment skills now. I really need to make myself stronger against the elements and magic. I can pretty much kill anything that attacks me with just brute force (except giants and mammoths!). I'm rolling around in exquisite dwarven armour but I look forward to making my enchanted dragon armour one day.

Yeah, I think I am going to clean out my backlog for now, I am going to be knee deep in this for a long, long time.

I'm very excited to take my time and just play it out - no achievement whoring, level glitching - I'm going for the fucking experience.

Yeah, I played a few hours last night and the quests started really stacking up. "You're done with that quest? HERE'S SOME MORE!"

I might just stick to farming and let the dragons rule this shit. They're not really bothering me and I could give two shits about everyone else.

Guest Marney1

Yeah, I played a few hours last night and the quests started really stacking up. "You're done with that quest? HERE'S SOME MORE!"

I might just stick to farming and let the dragons rule this shit. They're not really bothering me and I could give two shits about everyone else.

Gamespy just tweeted this:

sky-rim (transitive verb): to draw your attention to a different task <I was going to town but was skyrimed by a talking dog seeking aid>

So I like to get naked and equip myself with all my loot that I want to sell in town (in order to carry as much as possible). So it's not uncommon to see a naked Redgaurd running around Whiterun. I'd just sold as much as I could, due to the merchants running out of money, and decided I would go to the inn to see if they would buy any items from me.

So a naked Redguard walks into a pub. A complete stranger asks me if I would like a drinking contest, if I win he'd give me a magical staff. A Redguard never backs down from a challenge! One down, two down, three down... pass out. I awaken in a temple in Markarth. Apparently I somehow travelled from Whiterun to Markarth whilst drunk. If you don't know where Markarth is, take a look on your map. I cleaned up the mess I made, paid off the priestess and she told me I might find the stranger in Rorikstead. And so, a naked Redgaurd with nothing but misc items and a price-reducing necklace sets off on a journey to find a stranger who had probably spiked his drink. And raped.

So I like to get naked and equip myself with all my loot that I want to sell in town (in order to carry as much as possible). So it's not uncommon to see a naked Redgaurd running around Whiterun. I'd just sold as much as I could, due to the merchants running out of money, and decided I would go to the inn to see if they would buy any items from me.

So a naked Redguard walks into a pub. A complete stranger asks me if I would like a drinking contest, if I win he'd give me a magical staff. A Redguard never backs down from a challenge! One down, two down, three down... pass out. I awaken in a temple in Markarth. Apparently I somehow travelled from Whiterun to Markarth whilst drunk. If you don't know where Markarth is, take a look on your map. I cleaned up the mess I made, paid off the priestess and she told me I might find the stranger in Rorikstead. And so, a naked Redgaurd with nothing but misc items and a price-reducing necklace sets off on a journey to find a stranger who had probably spiked his drink. And raped.

Haha, that's pretty funny shit!

How many hours have you guys put into this game? I know someone who somehow has 40 hours even though the game came out on Friday. He doesn't even play video games that much so its weird seeing him so addicted.

Dunno if I'm just fed up of dying, but I'm already getting bored of it. Seems a bit repetitive to me. The quests are different, but the boring travelling and the same old "go into a cave/castle, kill everyone, then choose what loot you want and find out you can't carry any more shit" routine is getting old. Meh. Wish I didn't have to manually save because it's fucking annoying wasting an hour of my life wandering round doing shit and then dying and needing to do it all again because I forgot to "rest" for 2 seconds.

There should be an option to save "On Travel," which saves the game whenever you go fast travel, and I think whenever you go from one area to another (anything that has a loading screen). Also, if you're playing on PC (I would think you'd have one that could run this), F5 quicksaves.

I'm playing on PS3 (although I'm pretty certain my PC will be able to handle this maxed out), and yeah it saves when I go into/out of buildings etc, but when I'm wandering round the countryside, climbing mountains and what not, I can play for a few hours without it auto saving, then a fucking giant smacks me once and I'm dead.

If you ever plan on getting it for PC (which I would suggest, because of the mods), be 100% sure you can run it on high, at least. I'm playing on medium and I still think it's the best thing I've ever seen, but snow and moss will look shit in certain places. I assume most of the people on here have a decent CPU and RAM, so it really just comes down to what your graphics card is.

As for non-PC advice, if you're dying a lot, just invest in magicka potions and use healing spells. I tend to wildly swing axes or burn shit alive, so I haven't taken any perks for restoration, but I know the two-handed and one-handed weapons perks can make you damn near overpowered very quickly, so I imagine it's the same for restoration.

Also, just don't go near the giants, no good can come of it.

Yeah I suppose I should upgrade some of my magic/restoration perks. I usually ignore them because I don't like all that harry potter proud americany shit. I just wanna swing an axe or hammer into someone's balls. But I suppose I'll need it if I wanna survive.

Everyone hating on the wizards. C'mon.

Last night, I slayed my first dragon. The one outside of Whiterun. I also achieved 50000 (50006, actually) gamerscore with the achievement associated with slaying your first dragon. It's a huge milestone in meaningless gaming achievements, but I'll never forget reaching it in such a dramatic fashion.

It was a battle was pretty intense - not sure if the soldiers helped at all, other than providing a distraction and a last meal for the dragon. I lit him up with arrows, then came in swinging with my sword and flamethower hand. I went right up to his head and hacked him right in the fucking head. After celebrating by hopping all the way back to town, I got totally Skyrim'd by everyone in town while I was on my way to tell the Jarl the dragon was dead. When I got back to town, it was night - so instead of just waiting until morning I went to the bar and got in a few scuffles - on in the name of a lady; one against a lady. I won both and now the chick who wanted to fight me wants to partner up. Not so fast, sister. I hung around the bar a little more, putting shit on people's heads. I was also given a dozen and half missions in the process.

I started getting sleepy and realized I was not paying attention to the old guy on the screen was telling me, so I saved and went to bed. Wizards never die.

• Like 1