Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

My Khajiit carries a delicious variety of high-damage bows with different enchantments. Other than a fireball or ice spike to support her one-handed axe, or an occasional well-placed rune, she doesn't use magic as often as is possible. Maybe that should be the tank's other special skill...hmmm...

• Like 1

It's never a problem to answer these questions. The only thing I've gotten tired of writing are the tips for first-time players.

That post is so much longer than anything else I can say, in here.

Stealth and archery build is my go-to, for the newbies. Such a solid route. I tend to leave it at that.

a delicious variety of high-damage bows with different enchantments.

Love my bows and arrows. Stealth and Archery were maxed out at 100 first.

Ebony, max smithed and variously max enchanted....

Daedric and Ebony arrows here....

Thu'um Master, learned all 3 words of the final shout.

Now have all the shouts (x3 words) for the base game.

Sovngarde was just beautiful.

If the afterlife is that good take me now.

I thought one last detail about the end was interesting.

After the end battle, the dead all speak to you in praise....including Ulfric, who actually smiles...

I imagine in the parallel universe, it will be Tullius if you beat the Legion. Maybe next character, Nord Stormcloak.

Fucking PHENOMINAL game.

I guess the DLC's are next.

• Like 2

how are you just now playing skyrim, synch?! i thought you would of beaten it a hundred times by now :lol:...

I suspect he's been lost in the Wasteland, like Ginginho, and only just found his way out recently.

*stealth hugs you both*

On the DLCs now.

Dawnguard has a certain species like invading major and minor cities everywhere.

I was building my houses from Hearthfire, shopping for material, and started noticing them country-wide.

• Like 1

yea, the infestation killed a couple of key people in whiterun on my main character for me unfortunately, at least, that's what i think happened... it was soooo long ago... but for some reason, i am getting this itch to fire up my redguard again and see where he's at, or just start over and re-do it...

• Like 1

What's your Redguard's name?

Every TES, I play a redguard named Tyrone. He steals chicken, watermelon, gold, and alcohol, and sells skooma.

I was so happy when I found the watermelon atronach mod for Skyrim.

• Like 2

I remember every detail (name appearance, backstory) of every one of my characters. Unfortunately, I fucked up my game and have to do a clean reinstall, so I'm probably going to lose a few do to file mishaps and mods lost to the netherworld.

Life is pain.

• Like 1

I remember every detail (name appearance, backstory) of every one of my characters. Unfortunately, I fucked up my game and have to do a clean reinstall, so I'm probably going to lose a few do to file mishaps and mods lost to the netherworld.

Life is pain.

I think the Apocrypha is one of the more spectacular experiences I have had with this game. Totally obsessed right now.

Currently trying to figure out how to go back in for each Black Book, and select attributes accordingly.

With that, I am still needing to acquire something for Hermaeus Mora, so it may not be possible yet even though he said it is.....

Before buying the game for PC, the question I have for XBox 360 users, in relation to Fallout is:

With Fallout when you start a new game after doing a previous game with all downloaded DLC's,

all the DLC's load up automatically. No problem there, but with Skyrim the issue is if Bethesda did it the same way,

I will have Hearthfire, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn all loading up at a new game.

Hearthfire and Dragonborn will not show it's face until those skills are reached, but Dawnguard....

That is the issue I am asking about on a new game with 360. Will there be attacks at like Level 1?

I've read there is a PC patch/mod on Nexus to eliminate the Dawnguard attacks, but what about XB360?

sorry synch, most of us aren't xboxers :(... but i didn't experience anything outside of the usual attacks... i do recall running into the dawnguard vampires when i first reached whiterun on one of my fresh files months and months ago, they killed a major town merchant... that didn't sit well so i will keep you informed if that happens again...

but yea :P... at it again...

i installed this game and all the DLC's yesterday because i had the itch, only to find out that i didn't save ANY of my other characters outside of my main two to the flash drive... i still have cadman the warrior, and (that's the name ->) alionna the thief... no file whatsoever of my redguard, insane orc, or my devilish mage... oh well, started my redguard i mentioned, again, but with one blind eye this time... got to riverwood, but didn't do much else... i quickly fell out of touch when i entered combat and had to get used to the controls again... i'm sure i'll keep at it, but i suddenly got hit with that moment of, "are you sure you want to try ALL OF THIS again?"...

mannn, it's a daunting task, and i wanted to play as a reguard imperial until i realized how much the redguard despise them... i'll let the world talk me into it... the only complaint for the stormcloaks is the ban on the worship of talos... while my first character was noble in freeing skyrim of tyranny, this guy doesn't give a shit about talos... he's in it for the glory, and because i got wrapped up in this adventure because of ulfric in the first place makes me want to continue on as an imperial redguard...

i have no ties to the problems of the other territories, i fled to skyrim for the chance to hit the reset button on life anyways...

his name is akbar, in honor of dup throwing that around the other day :lol:... plus, they're of middle eastern descent in skyrim...

• Like 2

thanks bro

the dawnguard attacks are a buzz kill.

update:

i am at the end of the last dlc -- dragonborn, and it has been a wild ride.

can't wait to start a new game whether it be on PC, PS, or XB.

thanks to all of you who helped turn me on to this awesome game. :)

• Like 1

Started a new file this weekend. Got me a big, muscled, typically blond Nord, named him Bjarik Steel-Arm. It's quite a rush to play a character so different than my sneaky thieving Khajiit. He only carries stuff he uses, instead of pocketing half the village like she does. So far he's using only a two-handed axe, a battleaxe and shield, fire destruction and the unavoidable bow & arrow. It's been a learning curve using two-handed weapons, but I like the up-close work.

My Khajiit is very neutral politically, she hasn't taken sides at all and probably won't. So for a complete change, this Nord character will be rah-rah Stormcloaks, like he drank the blue Kool-aid. He's going to join Ulfric as soon as I can travel to Windhelm...damn, it takes a long time to travel anywhere at the beginning! So far I've only been sidetracked by the Dragonborn storyline and trying to save up enough money to buy a house. He's going to join the Brave Companions and maybe even the Bards College, neither of which my Khajiit has done...it's fun to see stuff I haven't played yet.

Eventually, I'll do another file and play the other side of the political coin, but for now, I'm enchanted all over again.

• Like 3

Bjarik Steel-Arm made it to Windhelm and has approached Ulfric about joining up, so that'll be the next run of quests I work on. I'm really digging playing key sections of the game that I haven't seen at all before - both the Companions and the Stormcloaks are all new to me. (He might make a handsome werewolf further down the line, too...)

Keeping in character, he wears a Stormcloak cuirass and goes bare-headed while in town, and dons steel armor and a horned helmet for battle & exploration. A guard in Whiterun made a snarky comment about him wearing Stormcloak colours, I lol'd.

That two-handed steel axe arouses me, he can cleave foes in half with one blow, I'm loving it. He's been trying to save up for a first house, but couldn't resist spending a big chunk to enchant steel gauntlets with Fortify Two-Handed after finding a pair of iron ones. Naturally, they're now called Superior Steel-Arm Gauntlets...it'll be hilarious to call all his armor and weapons after his own name.

I'm still trying to adjust to being non-sneaky, old habits die hard, plus the bonus damage helps while I'm still leveling him up. I think after a little more of a boost he's going to stride confidently everywhere without sneaking, and use a follower, I already have a few to choose from. Any suggestions for a good follower to use, or maybe just one that's less annoying and not underfoot all the time?

• Like 2

mjoll the lioness in riverwood... if you complete her quest, she becomes invincible, meaning, she'll never die... i married here with my tank warrior breton... she's a nord and my dude is the shortest class, it looks kind of funny lol...

• Like 2

yea, she's very noble, a khajiit thief isn't :lol:... she's also a bad ass in combat too... that chick from the companions also never dies after you finish the questline (i think you have to finish it), she's a good choice as well...

i'd hate to fall in love with one of the good followers and see them die suddenly in combat... i usually only go after the ones that don't...

• Like 1

I don't have the Get Married trophy yet...my Khajiit has a huge crush on Balimund (she's a bit of a smithy in her own right), but hasn't found the nerve to sashay her magnificent tail in his direction as yet...I read that it's possible for him to die during dragon attacks in Riften, which would just be sad. :( She's a loner anyway, maybe my Nord will be more likely to settle down. :P

• Like 2

After my beta test girl pwned everything in the game, I started a new Nord dude file a few weeks back.

Michal Hearth-Fire is a 2-handed psycho without boundaries. He has spilled enough blood to get to level 52 already.

Using all the warhammers, Steel, Iron, Orc, Dwarven, Glass, Ebony, but haven't found or made a Daedric yet.

Also about Mjoll - -that dude continually hangs around with her, which turned me off if you want to marry her.

my tank is a sneak :lol:... he creeps up to the enemies, then unleashes a fury of dual wielding swings, taking just about every group i come across by surprise... by the time people notice me, i've already dropped a couple of guys... STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME! you're making me seriously consider blowing off my chores today to play it...

EDIT: Also about Mjoll - -that dude continually hangs around with her, which turned me off if you want to marry her.

oh yea, i forgot about that little prick... there's a trick to that because i was sick of it too... i somehow managed to kill him without her seeing it... i think i was in sneak mode and took him out with one strike while she wasn't looking...

or maybe i took her on an adventure, left her in that spot, then went back to riverwood and killed him... either way, if you want to marry mjoll, i suggest saving first before trying these methods...

Right...yeah, I don't want that douche following us around. We'll see who strikes Bjarik's fancy. Maybe he's gay.

I've been pushing the Stormcloak storyline to the exclusion of all else. I mean, I found a random cave along my way to do a quest and didn't even go in. I've also explored parts of Windhelm I hadn't seen before. Wtf.

windhelm has a weird layout, i own a house there so i had to get used to the streets... they're probably the worse in the game, shops scattered about :lol:... at least there's sort of a general market outdoors...

my 2nd account, alionna, is gay, but she hasn't settled with a partner yet i don't think...

windhelm has a weird layout, i own a house there so i had to get used to the streets... they're probably the worse in the game, shops scattered about :lol:... at least there's sort of a general market outdoors...

That's one of the best houses in the game.