Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

As long as you're getting it at some point. Doesn't matter that you didn't like Oblivion, this game is going to be a masterpiece, a digital journey to end all digital journeys.

You know, until Fallout 4 is announced.

I'm glad you remembered I hated Oblivion. I was debating on picking it back up and suffering through it, but I remember the whole leveling bullshit and decided against it. Hopefully Skyrim will be devoid of that dreaded leveling system and I can once again fulfill my fantasy of being a cat man with a sword.

Has anybody played Dark Souls? It's meant to be a good game but very difficult, I think i'll get it next year sometime after i've put at least 200+ hours into this.

< Wood Elf with sword/staff combo... call me GandELF bitches

Has anybody played Dark Souls?

I've heard of it, but haven't actually heard much about it.

< Orc running around with 100% chameleon enchanted armour. Fuck yeah.

I only use chameleon enchantments for dark elves or Argonians. Using it with an orc is an insult to his/her honor.

< Also a Dark Elf magic user, but only in Morrowind.

Ha, I started a trend.

<-- plain human soldier with a big fucking sword... that is, when i do finally get around to playing this... me and stoic both hated oblivion, i sure hope skyrim does what fallout did with the leveling and perks, because that works... i don't want to see the world level right past me again, or have to jump a thousand times to level up my jumping skills... if it does, this game goes to gamestop towards something else...

maybe i will rent it first to make sure it's something i want to play...

-----------

i don't think i need to tell massacre but for the rest of you looking for up to the minute bethesda news, including new information and screens on skyrim, visit http://www.bethblog.com ...

they posted a few new screens and some previews just about an hour ago...

A massive dragon flies overhead, clutching an unseen item in its mighty claws, making a beeline for the elven Dup, who is standing in a field. Dup raises his bow, drawing back and preparing to launch an enchanted arrow at the dragon. The Dragon seems to glance at his surroundings, almost looking surprised, then increases his speed. Dup lets the arrow loose, and the projectile soars into the air, finally reaching its destination: The dragon's eye. The dragon roars in pain, and slowly begins plummeting to the earth. All too late, Dup realizes he shot the dragon down over a nearby village: Duppen Noggen, where he was born and raised. The dragon crashes into the village below and bursts, impossibly hot flames spewing from its shredded flesh. The village is reduced to ash in mere moments, but the greatest of Dup's heartaches comes when the dragon's charred claws loosen, revealing a metal tin with familiar designs painted on it; the tin his grandmother sent him cookies in every year. Only then did Dup recognize the dragon as Goren, a friendly dragon who lived in his grandmother's village, making various deliveries in exchange for food and shelter during Skyrim's brutal winters.

Dup slowly backs away before turning and hauling ass into the forest, muttering "Shit, shit, shit, shit," all the way.

• Like 1

Skyrim actually does have shit like that, if I remember correctly. I think I read somewhere that if a dragon attacks a village and you run away, the village will be inaccessible for a few days while it's being rebuilt.

Can't remember if it was from a preview or just some guy's wishful thinking.

So, what race did well end up going? I picked dark elf on the spur of the moment. I kinda regret it, wish I went Nord and had a kick ass beard. Whatever, definitely not restarting now.

Below is on my progress, nothing major really but put tags just in case:

I'm up to the part where I've just got the Dragonstone and defended Whiterun from the dragon, and am about to go visit the Greybeards for learnin' 'n' shit.

I'll probably be an Orc or High Elf. I'm still saving up for my PC for this so I'm getting it on PS3 for the time being. Massy, your Dup story put hair on my chest and then made it stand up. I bought my copy from Game this morning and I have it in the office with me ^_^ Stuck here til 7pm :(

Massy what's your desktop set up? have you already posted it anywhere?

I'm spending the day today reading reviews online, little stories like Massy's (third [fourth] Massy of this post) and I'm gonna open up the case, give the booklet a good smelling and then read it! :D

• Like 1

Another piece of fucking shit port for PC, guy from uni got it on PC so I tried it out, complete fucking shit on controls (it was made for a fucking console controller), shit interface, REALLY shit graphics even on a top end machine.

Sorry, but don't get this game for PC. I'm really fucking sickened by the lack of respect from developers (including Rockstar) when it comes to porting games to the PC.

Maybe the gameplay and story and all that compensates this, but I've reached a point in gaming. The point that if developers can't seriously put in decent time into making ports, I ain't playing, fuck it. Fuck fuck fuck. I was actually looking forward for this one.

AND WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE FUCKING MOUSE SENSITIVITY, FOR THE LOVE OF ICE SKATING JESUS FUCKKKKK

I'll probably be an Orc or High Elf. I'm still saving up for my PC for this so I'm getting it on PS3 for the time being. Massy, your Dup story put hair on my chest and then made it stand up. I bought my copy from Game this morning and I have it in the office with me ^_^ Stuck here til 7pm :(

Massy what's your desktop set up? have you already posted it anywhere?

I'm spending the day today reading reviews online, little stories like Massy's (third [fourth] Massy of this post) and I'm gonna open up the case, give the booklet a good smelling and then read it! :D

Posted it in several places, but it wasn't in the Setup/Specs topic, and I don't know where else to look.

AMD Phenom II Black Edition (no clue what the fuck 'black edition' is)

8gb DDR3

750gb HDD

Nvidia 9500GT

All I need to play on max settings is a non-shit graphics card. Should be able to run this at or near high.

Edit: It auto-set the graphics to high, good sign.

As for Dup's story, I'm actually considering writing a story as I play this (on my second or third file, just going to enjoy the game to start with), just chronicling my experiences in Skyrim in the creepy verbose that I do so well. Accompanied by screenshots, of course.

Another piece of fucking shit port for PC, guy from uni got it on PC so I tried it out, complete fucking shit on controls (it was made for a fucking console controller), shit interface, REALLY shit graphics even on a top end machine.

What's wrong with the controls? Are they different from Oblivion?

The community always fixes what the company won't. Any issues you have (aside from the controls) will have a mod to fix it within a week. Not saying your complaints aren't justified, just saying it'll be fixed soon.

Ooh I like. Have you tried to push it any further than high yet? What screen and speakers?

Ugh that'd be amazing. I'd read them, all day, everyday. They make me feel like I'm watching from behind a bush.

15 minutes 'til home time.

Wish I could buy this cunt. I won't have time to play it properly until March though <_<. I wonder how long it'll take for a GOTY edition to come out.

Ooh I like. Have you tried to push it any further than high yet? What screen and speakers?

Ugh that'd be amazing. I'd read them, all day, everyday. They make me feel like I'm watching from behind a bush.

Bah, graphics card's bitching out on me. Might just be the fact that a village is burning and collapsing all around me, but it started lagging like fuck once I got control of my character. Dropping down to medium, I'll check it again after I get somewhere that isn't falling apart. It did look sexy, though.

And I'm rocking a 1600x900 screen. Didn't bother with speakers, just using whatever's built into the monitor.

Also I might have to start a 'Spoilers Within' topic just for Skyrim stories, because my posts are going to be TL;DR, they're going to be full of spoilers, and I don't want to use spoiler tags.