Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

SPOILERS. SIDE QUEST SPOILERS.

Get an item called mephorises razor, or something like that, it's a dagger type weapon, but it has a chance it instantly kill. In the mission where you read the scroll on the mountain, and aulduin attacked, I did dragonrend, and hit him 2 times, and he was dead. It has 20 or so damage but with 50+ one handed it adds to it without saying. I use that all the time. You need to do some quests for a guy in a smaller town. It has sunsets on the flags, near the bay. It's the farthest one down. You need to kill the holders of the parts of it. It was broken way back in the day. Then you find all the prices, go to the mephorises dungeon. Daedra are inside if you enter, they also guard it. 2 - 4 enemies. The guy will betray you. Kill him, and take the razor. Loot the daedra for the key. The loot inside respawns and it's good, some 300-600 gold, gold ore, other types of ores and bars, some fire weapons that burn the target, it's a nice weapon once you're 80 + one handed. This weapon has some history, so lock pick the case with the books in it at the guys house. They have some value. Ask him every question though, it's interesting about this side quest.

Edited by gtagrl
Added spoiler tags

Dear K-Fed,

Next time, use spoiler tags. To do that, type [ spoiler ] before the text, and [ /spoiler ] afterward, without the spaces. If you do it again, you'll get another warning and another week's vacation from the forums.

As well, learn to write a coherent post. I'm not sure there are spoilers in that hot mess because it barely makes sense. Do you not pay enough attention to the game as you're playing to recall the names of towns, weapons, characters or missions? If not, at least look it up first, or don't bother posting at all.

===

I think my next file should be a hardcore two-handed, heavy armoured warrior that refuses to use ranged weapons, for a total change from my super-stealthy, politically neutral Khajiit. I just haven't decided whether to go Imperial or Stormcloak yet.

• Like 4

SIDE QUEST

Mehrunes' Razor. Had it since Level 20, and I'm at 77 now. Pretty much every side quest done, large or small.

Explorers don't miss much, son, that's why I was asking Massacre, bOnEs, gtagrl......

If there is anything I've missed other than the Companions, I want to do it now before game end and I start the DLC's.

• Like 3

Gtagrl. I didn't know chill out, damn. And I haven't been on skyrim in around a month and I have a memory loss disorder where smaller details get lost, i dont even remember what i ate for lunch yesterday. so it's hard to recall names when I read it once. Also I'm using a old box tv and the words get fuzzy. I need to adjust the sharpness settings too, since I have it on my mind. And there are spoilers I mention the ending, when derp takes an derp to the derp, and you derp it's derp. If you can understand any of that I congratulate you. Because if I hadn't typed it, I wouldn't.

derp is a person place or thing just saying.

How's that?

That was the shortest Civil War in my gaming history. Interesting to go to the various sites after and see the results......

Now the big question for Massacre, bOnEs, gtagrl, or anyone who can discuss seriously and not spam the thread.

It's the end, and the first step is dealing with Paarthanux..

Side with the Blades, or side with the Greybeards?

In favor of the Blades: I've already learned all the shouts, so no need for the Greybeards. [Or meditating on words]

In favor of the Greybeards: I've already recruited 3 Blade warriors, received Esbern's potion, all the Blade gear, etc and need no help killing dragons.

:clap: How do you think up those awesome answers so fast (Y)

It's like am I a Mexican, or a Mexican't ?

I'm guessing that dealing with Paarthanux in favor of the Greybeards is the Dragonbro.

Looking at the path by actually speaking with Paarthanux first, then the Jarl of Whiterun...

One would never know that you even have to speak with Esbern. [blades]

The work detail said speak with him or Esbern.

You learn Odahvling shout either way, their dialog is almost identical.....

You can't kill Paarthurnax and call yourself any manner of bro. Paarthy's as bro-tier as it gets. Fuck the Blades.

Plus, Delphine is a total bitch.

Now we are getting somewhere. I'll go loot all their remaining Blade shit and be on my Dragonbro way.

Paarthy? Doesn't P-Nax sound cooler?

Thanks for the help, really cool, I was pretty much already on that side.

It does sound cooler, but I always imagined one of my characters calling him Paarthy, and it's stuck, through all of my characters.

You've probably had to answer these questions many times, but thanks again. Seems I've always been on the right path.

I still have to go through the DLC's this time, but already have a next character in mind. Bethesda, bro.

• Like 2

It's never a problem to answer these questions. The only thing I've gotten tired of writing are the tips for first-time players. That post is so much longer than anything else I can say, in here.

Stealth and archery build is my go-to, for the newbies. Such a solid route. I tend to leave it at that.

• Like 2

It's never a problem to answer these questions. The only thing I've gotten tired of writing are the tips for first-time players. That post is so much longer than anything else I can say, in here.

Stealth and archery build is my go-to, for the newbies. Such a solid route. I tend to leave it at that.

Noted... if I ever make it out of the Wasteland...

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with being lost or stuck in the Wasteland.

I've loved it forever.

Skyrim will wait for you, and you will enjoy it as you have Fallout.

I just can't believe it took me so long to get on board with this game Gin.

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with being lost or stuck in the Wasteland.

I've loved it forever.

Skyrim will wait for you, and you will enjoy it as you have Fallout.

I just can't believe it took me so long to get on board with this game Gin.

If it wasn't for this place, I would never had even considered checking out Fallout... just kicked off Take It Back!! so it is almost time to make the move to New Vegas...

Skyrim sounds even more involved so I will probably stay away from it unless I get made redundant or retire...

• Like 2

I always end up going down the opposite route. No matter how hard I try, my guy usually ends up as a tank. I wasn't kidding when I said gtagrl almost perfectly described my first character. The only concession I make is the archery skill. You need to have a good ranged weapon.

• Like 1

Being a tank would be a nice change. My Khajiit is so stealthy, she's basically invisible. In Assassin's Creed, too often I blow my cover and end up in melee brawls with packs of guards, stealth be damned. In Fallout, I play hunched over, and speak in whispers while genuinely trying not to shit my pants. In real life. It makes me feel sneaky.

Great question, Synch.

• Like 1

a tank is always my first path in any game like this... i want to run into battle swinging my weapons, showing my enemies i am not afraid... the stealth route is almost always my 2nd playthrough for games like this... but tank is what gets shit done for newbs...

a stealthy play isn't always a good choice for newbs since when you get overrun, you're kind of screwed if you didn't make a silent approach and take out most of the guards... at least with a tank, they know you're coming and they're pissin' in their steel boots...

• Like 1

So, that leads to another question...If I go the blustery tank character route, and scoff at archery as the stuff of women and cats, what's the next best weapon against dragons?

• Like 1

I have a deep fondness for axes. My tank character will likely brandish an epic two-handed axe of some kind. :drool:

yea, my main tank wields an axe and a mace... all properly enchanted of course... i ought to fire up my files and take a look at where i was at with them... maybe perhaps start working more on my redguard heavy armor warrior who wields magic and a sword at the same time...

• Like 1