Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

How is the gameplay? On a scale of Rift to WoW.

Jesus, Rift had the blockiest gameplay I've ever seen in a MMO.

How is the gameplay? On a scale of Rift to WoW.

Jesus, Rift had the blockiest gameplay I've ever seen in a MMO.

I would say the combat bears closest resemblance to Guild Wars 2 with a touch of Neverwinter thrown in. I have noticed a bit of input lag, particularly with melee characters, but hopefully this will be addressed soon. I have yet to try crafting or PVP.

• Like 1

I tried Neverwinter for a little bit a good few months ago, I was very surprised with the combat in it, surprisingly good for a game that seemed crap from the beginning.

The cheese atronach does the most, yeah. It's melee, and hits hard. The melon atronach uses lightning magic (and the occasional swing of its mighty melon arm), and the sweetroll atronach uses fire magic. I assume so it can bake replacement parts for itself.

Also, with a high conjuration skill, you can summon two things at once, so a mighty fondue attack is a possibility.

DO IT.

Go be a badass khajiit thief who bends bandits over alchemy tables and sodomizes them.

Thief, archer, mage, assassin, dragonborn...and apparently, sodomizer. Plus, I has a tail.

DSC07452_zps5179ed4a.jpg

• Like 2

so.fucking.addicted

\to this game right now. just started, already at level 19.

Stealth, archery, imperial female thane with facial scarring, awesomey.

Have about 5 different types of bows, like long bow, hunting, imperial, ancient and it's the dwarven one I think,

being the best at 23 damage. Modified at the workbench or wheel, still learning which is which.

I cannot believe how addicting this game is......

My Marra (see above) is a hardcore archer, love the selection of weapons. I like an axe for close up work. This game is rather intoxicating.

so.fucking.addicted

Have about 5 different types of bows, like long bow, hunting, imperial, ancient and it's the dwarven one I think,

being the best at 23 damage. Modified at the workbench or wheel, still learning which is which.

Bethesda is Bethesda, bro, be it Fallout or Elder Scrolls. They're all amazing.

Once you're done with Skyrim (5 years from now), you should give Oblivion a try. It's older, and that age shows, but it's a damn fine game. The world is more varied than Skyrim, too.

• Like 1

so.fucking.addicted

Bethesda is Bethesda, bro, be it Fallout or Elder Scrolls. They're all amazing.

Once you're done with Skyrim (5 years from now), you should give Oblivion a try. It's older, and that age shows, but it's a damn fine game. The world is more varied than Skyrim, too.

Trying hard not to finish but I'm maxed on skills with few missions left other than the main story (Blades) and the war.

Thieves Guild Master, Archmage of the College of Winterhold, Thane of 3 Holds. Been a really fun ride leveling up and learning the game.

Didn't go for the final Companions, because first play through. Staying a human.

To finish being the head of the Dark Brotherhood will affect the outcome of being in the Imperial side of the war.

But that is just an oversight, I've gone so far without joining yet, might as well complete Dark Brotherhood's finale = the big one.

I have crappy photos but one thing I noticed is that Illia from Darklight Tower as a companion, the expert mage,

will lose her robe and run around in bikini if you provide her with the execution hood. Good times L0L.

Note: dismiss her and unlike other companions it's pretty much goodbye. I read she can be recruited into the Blades though....

SDC10788_zpseadc50fa.jpg

SDC10795_zpscd5ac7b8.jpg

SDC10791_zpsf4940f8f.jpg

SDC10785_zps4782aa70.jpg

Yep my first play through is as an Imperial girl, and she is is worth about 500K right now.

She loves to run around in her underwear as well, getting all kinds of funny comments.

Illia and the Imperial at the peak of their relationship in Solitude:

SDC10797_zps40f2f480.jpg

• Like 1

The only thing the final Dark Brotherhood quest affects is the wording of the Imperial Oath. You can do whatever.

Just read that. The guy is eating his final meal as we speak.

I haven't a clue if anyone found this glitch. I joined the Stormcloaks, and completed that entire storyline side of the game, and then I went back to do a quest for the theives guild. That quest involved breaking into the home of the guy in whiterun who yells about Talos, but i cannot, in the finale quest of the Stormcloak storyline the guys house gets destroyed. I wouldn't rather go back, my game has 250 hours, and i did that quest at the 100 hour mark. Also, has anyone heard about TES:VI?

Not quite.

Yes, so I found out. What an interesting twist. Sad bit there, back home at the Brotherhood.

Completed the rest of that arc, bought everything for the Dawnstar Sanctuary.

Kind of creepy to hear the torture victims all the time.

At least I still have Three Dog, er I mean Nazir, and my daughter Babette the 300 year old vampire.

(I realized half way through the game it's the same voice talent from Fallout 3)

Started rocking the Daedric Armor, max smithed and some enchantments. I think it looks awesome.

Can't wait to try this game out on my PC. Too many problems with the old 360.....

SDC10804b_zpsd2a9a31c.jpg

SDC10802b_zps0d874ede.jpg

• Like 1

I like the 360 version ok, but half the time it lags. So I clear my cache and it works smoothly....for about 2 hours. It froze again.... I install it. Ok it works for 35 minutes. Smooth as can be. Them it freezes. UNINSTALL. And now it's back to laggy shit, because laggy shit doesn't freeze 300 hours in. Also nice armor.

Main quest time, and some questions.

I've read like 30 pages back and looks like you've all had a lot of fun with this game.

Love the political commentaries on the philosophical differences for Stormcloak, or Imperial.

Both arguments are spectacularly represented here.

Even before I invaded their party for Delphine/The Blades, for some reason I hated the Thalmor.

On that mission, I read their dossiers. That was an eye-opener.

There is one about Ulfric that states he is a kind of sleeper agent for the Thalmor. (Not exactly just similar interests.)

They manipulated him back in the great war so that he would eventually create a rebellion to weaken the empire.

That dossier also states that neither side must win, and that they just want to sit back until both sides die out,

and they can continue their conquest.

Any input on this for the Civil War? Imperial - or Stormcloak?

I know that whichever side I join, the other will not attack (unlike Fallout) if unprovoked.

So travel to the major cities is still allowed. Not worried about that, just the thought of the Thalmor controlling Ulfric.

Should I continue to search out little side and misc quests, or go for the end?

• Like 1