Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Nexus is having issues at the moment, so I can't link to it, but I've decided to give the Tropical Skyrim mod a chance. I'm enjoying it so far. All it does is change the looks of Skyrim and alter a few animals (wolves are raptors, sabre cats are tigers or leopards, bears are pandas, etc.), but the outdoor portions feel like a different game.

The only real issues I have are that the trees are a little too vast, and this causes lag and can make it hard to see where you're going at times. A more personal issue is that the new environment is best suited for Redguards and Khajiit. A Redguard or Khajiit character would end up playing the same way as my Nord and Bosmer characters, more than likely. I would need to make a conscious effort to play differently every step of the way. I am considering rolling a non-stealth Khajiit, though. We'll see how that goes.

I've already started a new character that isn't affected by the mod. He's a Breton scholar and High Rock's foremost expert on the Dwemer, and has traveled to Skyrim to research the ruins there. He's an archer, by default, because of the dwarven crossbow, which I was able to quickly acquire by powering through Dawnguard (surprisingly easy when you've played it enough times). He also uses a dwarven armblade I got from a mod. When sheathed, it's basically a bracer on your forearm, and a blade extends when it's unsheathed. Fully animated with turning gears and all that jazz. He uses that on his right arm, and fire spells with his left for close-quarters fights. I'm rather enjoying this character, especially since my previous characters weren't very interested in the Dwemer. It's nice to roleplay a new perspective.

That armblade sounds intriguing, so does the tropical mod, I'll have to look up pics.. A non-stealthy Khajiit would be so counterintuitive.

My own Khajiit Marra is now up to level 36 and sneak is at 95. She can basically stroll under anyone's nose, and browse through their pockets to help herself to the most delectable treats. Close to finishing Thieves' Guild quests, and starting to explore strategic use of the crazy magic spells available, as the enemies get a little more challenging. I've also stockpiled an embarrassment of inventory at Breezehome.

The back of my mind has been considering how I'd like to play my next character, it's fun to ponder.

• Like 1

Right, i've now started this game 5 times, and four of those times i've played solidly for a week or so, then get bored and gone off to another game, when I get the urge to visit Skyrim again I have the need to start from scratch every time, and do it a different way than before, what reason I don't know, but I'ma never complete this game at this rate, I do the same on Fallout as well to an extent as well, but at least i've completed that twice.

Anyway I've started again on Skyrim as a Nord who wants to join the rebellion, fuckers still send me off to kill the wraith, figured they'd of let me off on a count i'm a local.

Naaah they still treat you like untrustworthy scum. Hurry up and finish that, you've only got two weeks left.

I was meaning to play more Skyrim when I got my new PC. I was going to create a new buildable house mod with more things in it, I was going to do a whole town actually, with a forge, tavern, blackjack and hookers. But I never got round to it and now here we are, two weeks before I become a reclusive hermit.

Actually i've been less of a reclusive hermit this past year, it's probably been the year where i've been the least reclusivey-hermity. I was very much so in my late teens and early twenties. Since I left work a few months ago i've been doing fuck all with myself granted, but i've still been going out... in between PC and PS3.

My Khajiit Marra (Level 46, Sneak 100, Archery 90, plus elevated Smithing, Pickpocket, Lockpicking, Destruction, Enchanting, and Alchemy) has joined the Dark Brotherhood. I'm going to do my best to complete that set of missions before GTAV releases. Wish me luck, it's too easy to get distracted in there.

• Like 1

Mods and hardcore roleplaying have maintained my interest. I've been playing as a goblin in patchwork armor working his way through the Thieves Guild.

Also, I don't even bother with my house in Whiterun anymore, on any file. I just use it for storage. I have a mod that allows me to craft or buy portable tents, bedrolls, campfires, etc. It's pretty satisfying sleeping in the wilderness in Skyrim. You feel a lot more like an adventurer.

• Like 1

Got my laptop back and was going through some pics. I forgot about this hilarious moment that had happened in my last session in Skyrim before GTAV came out...My uber-sneaky Khajiit Marra snuck up on an ice mage in the middle of some alchemy, and took him out with an arrow so stealthily he just fell forward. Came up and stripped him bare, he didn't move.

DSC07452_zps5179ed4a.jpg

So I tried using the table...and this happened:

th_Skyrimalchemyunhappyending_zps85024908.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg511/gtagrl/Forums/th_Skyrimalchemyunhappyending_zps22768845.jpg

Fortify two-handed indeed :lol:

• Like 4

So, it seems Bethesda will/might be releasing Skyrim for PS4 and Xbone.

http://bethsoft.com/en-us/games/skyrim

Thoughts? I already own 2 copies of it (ps3 and 360), but if something new could be added for next-gen consoles (Hammerfell, spells, armour, improved physics etc), I might consider buying it again. if only so I can Skyrim on my toilet with my Vita. I also assume that this explains why Bethesda stopped working on Skyrim DLC earlier than expected.

Edit: That'll teach me for posting info before Bethesda confirmed anything. See below.

I wouldn't bother, anything added to next gen will probably be made available for PC. If not, modders will find a way to add that stuff and playing Skyrim with mods is so much fun.

If you you're thinking of buying Skyrim again, pick it up for PC.

Btw that sig is just awesome!

Thanks. I gotta show some love for the big bird.

@DCDeacon According to Bethesda...

We have been working on the CMS that runs our sites. A bug caused platforms that don't exist to show up for some games Sorry for confusion.

<_<

So, it appears that Skyrim is NOT coming out on next-gen. Bunch of monkeys operating their site.

I would have gotten the GTAV Collector's Edition, had it come with a pet crab. Even if it replaced Chop, I wouldn't have cared.

"Get 'im, Clamp!"

*snip snip*

=========

So this game will be an MMO rendition of the Elder Scrolls games?

• Like 1