Sign in to follow this  
TreeFitty

Grand Theft Auto Series in V&A Museum Exhibit

http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/news/rockstar/695/grand-theft-auto-series-in-vanda-museum-exhibit/

The Grand Theft Auto series is getting recognition from the Victoria and Albert Museum with their exhibition: "British Design 1948–2012: Innovation in the Modern Age".

The exhibit is a celebration of UK contributions to the world of art and design in the post-war era and spans from the time period of the 1948 ‘Austerity Games' to this summer's Olympic Games in London. It also features a commemorative video chronicling the history of the Grand Theft Auto series and more while representing each Grand Theft Auto title in the franchise and showcasing the innovation of living metropolises and open world gameplay.

The exhibit is running now through August 12th. See here for details and schedules.

So anyone plan on making a trip? Get us some nice pics. :yes:

Guest Marney

I don't think I can get there but if I am ever in the area I'd definitely go and see. It's about time GTA got some recognition as more than just a game where you can "steal cars and shoot people".

The exhibition should be out of bounds to people under 18 too, just to make a point.

I flicked through the PDF on their site explaining the content of the exhibit and didn't see anything about GTA. There was half a sentence about the games industry and that was about it.