In previous gta's, it was really annoying if you were "forced" to die if you couldn't find a health pickup. I hope that in gta 5 you could relax and regenerate your health.

To be honest I really doubt they will, at first early on I thought they would but nah, it's always been part of GTA. Look at Max Payne, they haven't give you the ability of generating health in the 3rd upcoming game. Chances are GTA will stick with what its got going already.

Buying small groceries and keeping them on you at all times so you can regenerate your health whenever would be A good option.

This thread is a joke right? What do you want Grand Theft Auto to also be like Call of Duty and release a new game every year until it's way overplayed out? You realize in IV regaining full health was easy right? Seriously, it was that easy to get full health again, all you needed to do was Call 911 and ask for Paramedics or go to a vending machine fast food joint or fuck even grab peanuts or a hotdog from a vendor.

I'd like to see regenerating health. It was in Red Dead Redemption and worked great there. Reliance on medikits mid-mission is old-school.

I wouldn't mind regenerative health... Stopping mid mission to run to the hospital to collect a health icon ruined the flow of thr game.

Regeneration of health should definitely not be too fast. But it should be there, but be quite slow in my opinion. That way vending machines, hotdogs etc.. still have a purpose in the game.

We also wanted to encourage players to be strategic in their approach to combat spaces and not to rely on cover as simply a point to sit and regenerate health. Max Payne is about the beauty of the gunplay itself, in knowing when to launch yourself into an area, finding the right lines of attack, and perfecting bullet time kills. Regenerating health would have an impact on the game's natural rhythm.

http://kotaku.com/58...yne-3s-gameplay

I agree with him. Yes, when you're new to a game you might get killed often but once you get the hang of things (and get good), games like IV weren't so bad. I think it adds a small challenge to conserve your health and not just run out into the middle of a room with enemies shooting you. It makes you think of a better way to get the job done.

• Like 2

We also wanted to encourage players to be strategic in their approach to combat spaces and not to rely on cover as simply a point to sit and regenerate health. Max Payne is about the beauty of the gunplay itself, in knowing when to launch yourself into an area, finding the right lines of attack, and perfecting bullet time kills. Regenerating health would have an impact on the game's natural rhythm.

http://kotaku.com/58...yne-3s-gameplay

I agree with him. Yes, when you're new to a game you might get killed often but once you get the hang of things (and get good), games like IV weren't so bad. I think it adds a small challenge to conserve your health and not just run out into the middle of a room with enemies shooting you. It makes you think of a better way to get the job done.

To be fair, making bullets lethal and a long regeneration time has the same effect. Would work better in multiplayer too.

Drugs could help, but there should be able 2 regain your health,but none of that cod bull shit.. More like a stop the bleeding affect. You can sweat so you could bleed, It could help the police also fucking up your swag, btw change cops look the other way. >_> Another thing is a do it yourself surgery.FarCry style by taking off the bullet from your body. Cuh G shit who eats after getting shot at? Ye sounds like a fucked up commercial. So get drugged up (Scarface style:) & quick skilled surgery (May look painful;) MoFo better get a trophy for tht shit xD

• Like 1

No never! I hope they will not listen to kiddos and dumb down this game too. I am against dumbing down games. All you who want regeneration go cut yourself and see if wound will disappear after you wait 5 seconds or crunch in cover. All you saying "it is only a game so it must be fun" just go do something else than playing games for fun. Go make videos for YT with you failing at something cuz you can do only this properly. R* dont listen to those weird kids.

I seriously hope Rockstar doesn't implement this anytime, ever. Seriously GTA isn't supposed to be easy it's supposed to be a challenge and make you think on your feet.

RDR wasn't so easy (unless you had auto aim on) and it had health regeneration.

No never! I hope they will not listen to kiddos and dumb down this game too. I am against dumbing down games. All you who want regeneration go cut yourself and see if wound will disappear after you wait 5 seconds or crunch in cover. All you saying "it is only a game so it must be fun" just go do something else than playing games for fun. Go make videos for YT with you failing at something cuz you can do only this properly. R* dont listen to those weird kids.

dont try to put realistic sense into this because if you get shot im pretty sure eating a hotdog wont help the bullet wound

they should for multiplayer no health regenration online was terrible

• Like 2

Just Cause 2 had a good balanced system - health regeneration up to a certain point, but more severe damage to the health meter could only be refilled by a health pack, which weren't that hard to find.

I've never longed for health regeneration in any GTA game. If you die, you're just not doing the mission right, yet. It's part of the learning curve.

I like the regeneration thing a lot, but have it regenerate slow and have Med Kits on the ready to help heal you if your in a dangerous situation.

Body armor can be like from Max Payne 3.

i think regen would be nice, but it should take time. getting shot 4 times in the back should take more time then getting in a fist fight with a hobo on the street. i think realistic action to wound woulld be great. not to the point of rag doll stature, or to the point you cant function, but if u get stabed in the arm you should see cuts or stab wounds, and same goes for guns. the visual wound should heal over time, and the damage it does( according to the HUD) should be regenerated back fast enough you wont die alot, but not so that you shouldnt visit a hospital or find a health pack. But if they add an invincible cheat, that would be fine with me. jumping off a bulding like in gta 4, but yet you survive! that is some epic stuff right there people...

• Like 1

Buying small groceries and keeping them on you at all times so you can regenerate your health whenever would be A good option.

Yeah, you could keep some Allen's Canned Spinach on you for roughin' up no-goodniks and such! It'll be the new adrenaline! :jumpy: