Sign in to follow this  
machine321434

Gta V likely for March 2013

It's dead simple now.

Major new releases (like in music industry) come either in spring (March-May) or in fall (Sep-Nov).

As R* have recently increased frequency on GTA V updates, they're preparing...no, not to release the game yet, but to launch second trailer, let's say in October. Then some more screens and additional info (map? main protagonist? new activities? new vehicles?) till X-mas time followed by third trailer preceding the D-day by roughly a month.

March/April 2013 release it is then, isn't it? It surely does make sense. Unless of course, V's release gets postponed as it happened with IV.

i can bet the 3 copys off gta v im getting for me and my 2 little brothers that this game will release this year nad a 2nd trailer will hit us in september

Okay, I'll be the first to take your copy when it doesn't release this year :)

i can bet the 3 copys off gta v im getting for me and my 2 little brothers that this game will release this year nad a 2nd trailer will hit us in september

and i'll be the second one to take a copy guy.

Honestly, I thought it was gonna have a 2012 release since its been almost a year since the first trailer. But now getting more realistic with my thoughts. definitely not going to be a 2012 release

3rd copy please.

Who knows? It is possible for a late 2012 release (before Christmas), But it's becoming unlikely. By the end of September we should know when the game is released.

I used to like it when GTAs got released around October/November. I hate the Spring release before exams and everything.

• Like 1

Who knows? It is possible for a late 2012 release (before Christmas), But it's becoming unlikely. By the end of September we should know when the game is released.

I used to like it when GTAs got released around October/November. I hate the Spring release before exams and everything.

If we get a spring release. I'm going to fail my highers.

If we get a spring release. I'm going to fail my highers.

You could just get it after your exams. I did that with IV. I've never really understood why games come out during spring. Games released before Christmas are the best.

Games that release in spring have less competition. You release a game around the holidays, you're going to lose a lot of money competing with other triple-A games and mass-selling bullshit like CoD.

And before you say it - because someone always does - yes, GTA can compete with every single game franchise out there. But that doesn't mean they'll outsell them, and that doesn't mean they won't be making a lot less money than they would with a spring release.

I dont realy see a need for nxt gen systems atm.. Graphics probably ont be that mich better and if they came out now it would be gimmicky bs like 3d and motion control.ll

icon11.gif

Yah they're still pushing the limits of current gen consoles.

And am I the only one who is completely doesn't give a shit about the release date predictions? I know the games a long way off. I'd be more interested in hearing about real info about features of the game.

I asked about next gen consoles because the quality and trim on the latest pictures seems to good for ps3 or 360. I have allready wrote that this will be the 1st GTA I will play on PC, I dont want to lose any detail or gameplay sharpness. Of course I want the game now, but lets be realistic.

And am I the only one who is completely doesn't give a shit about the release date predictions? I know the games a long way off. I'd be more interested in hearing about real info about features of the game.

No. I agree with you. I'd rather see features and facts then the "need to know" release date. Information like main character, map size, and another trailer containing gameplay this time. I have a feeling we will get "Coming this spring" or something along those lines before an actual date.

If I had to guess release date, I'd say after tax return ;)

I remember that Strauss Zelnick from T2, in an interview around late january/early february 2012 placed GTA V into T2's "upcoming fiscal year" which means a period from march '12 to march '13, but can't find the source anymore.

what I found tho is that in the Q1 2013 business report, released a few weeks ago, nothing hints to a fiscal 2013 release, so unless T2 cheats on their shareholders and financial partners, I guess there won't be a release until at least april '13, where fiscal 2014 starts.

they still list GTA with a TBA release tho, between Bioshock infinite on feb 26th and an Xcom title with a fiscal 2014 release, I wonder why they even mention GTA at all then... probably part of the campaign

Sign in to follow this