Sign in to follow this  
machine321434

Gta V likely for March 2013

So i was just checking the news on gamespot,as I do every day,and I found this article :

Sterne Agee analyst says Rockstar's open-world action game could arrive early next year, away from new Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed games.

Grand Theft Auto V is likely to be on store shelves in 12 months, according to Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia.

GTAV could be launched during March 2013, according to Bhatia.

In a statement provided to Gamasutra, Bhatia said the open-world action game is likely to arrive in March 2013. Previously, the firm had expected the title to ship during the 2012 holiday season.

Developer Rockstar Games took the wraps off GTAV in October, but it did not provide a release date or platforms for the sequel to 2008's critically acclaimed game.

A March 2013 launch for GTAV would be advantageous for Rockstar, according to Bhatia, because that window is far from the releases of new entries in the Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty franchises.

The analyst also noted that a 2013 ship date for GTAV would leave open the possibility for a Wii U version of the title. The Wii U is scheduled to launch worldwide during the holiday 2012 season.

Last month, Rockstar said further GTAV details are months away. That time frame lines up with the game industry's biggest information-drop event of the year, the Electronic Entertainment Expo. This year's show will return to the Los Angeles Convention Center June 5-7.

Rockstar has provided brief glimpses at GTAV thus far. The game will be set primarily in present-day Los Santos, a fictional town modeled on Los Angeles. Rockstar has also said that GTAV boasts the largest scope of any installment in the franchise to date.

To me, it just seems silly that a cod game would be a competition to a gta title.

But on the other hand,it really does get sold a lot,and there is also me3,ac3,far cry 3,and some other big titles released this year,so maybe it would be a smart move not to release gta v in such a busy year.

But if it really is true,it is quite a disappointment.

Now what do you guys think,could this be true?

Here is the link to the article : http://www.gamespot.com/news/gtav-likely-for-march-2013-analyst-6366167

Even if GTA V released same time as CoD it would generate massive sales, I mean it is one of the biggest franchises in the gaming world.

• Like 1

Remember when rockstar announced gta 4 and a fuckload of games were pushed back to avoid clashing with them? well chances are it'd happen with V. It could release at the same time as cod but, being honest, I know that most of my friends are not interested in both. for a large number of gamers its one or the other, for me its gta all the way.

(Cod is shit anyway)

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

I've always expected a March 2013 release. Yeah, people laughed at me.

Back to E3 for a second:

Dan Houser: ... About a year out--maybe 10 months or so--we first had the city, the cars, some of the weapons, and an enormous reservoir of problems that we hadn't figured out yet. We were like, "If this could get to where we think it should get to, this is going to be amazing. Now how the hell do we solve those other problems?" And then, the early part of showing people the game--including E3 2001--was disconcerting because it was incredibly underwhelming. Because we thought it could be magical. Not the Holy Grail, but this thing that was 3D but open and expansive, combining elements of hardcore action, driving, adventuring--all these genres. Very cinematic and story-driven gameplay, this experience that's really unlike anything you've seen before. And people were scratching their heads around it! We were all, 'Are we wrong?'

There was enormous excitement around a few other games coming that fall. We went to E3 and everyone was obsessed by State of Emergency, and no one gave a crap really about GTA III. State of Emergency we thought was interesting, but not without its flaws--some of which never got resolved. But GTA III was already running, and we thought, "This is amazing!" But E3, I think, isn't the best place to show a game anyway, and that's definitely become solidified in our thinking since then.

http://www.igrandthe...-about-gta-iii/

• Like 1

I really hope that if it does come out close to the release dates of 'Assassin's Creed' and 'COD' that THOSE game are pushed back instead of 'GTA'. 'GTA' is probably more popular anyways and also Max Payne 3 is what pushed back 'GTA V' in the first place despite Rockstar putting a second take on the game anyways.

• Like 1

Another publisher probably isn't going to push back their own game for someone else's. Just because Rockstar is awesome doesn't mean other companies bow down to them.

but they damned as sure aint stupid enough to release a gta style game anywhere close to a gta release. Unless their storyline is like cod and only takes 4 hours to complete. I like those games. I can return them and get my money back. No wonder GAME is closing down lol.

I expect either an Oct 2012 or May 2012 release

Did you enter the GTA V Release Date Competition?

Yeah but back then I was a complete idiot and voted 24.05.12 /facepalm

Rockstar said that they will release some more details in a couple of months,probably somewhere after the max payne 3 release.

So maybe this date is the date when they give us more info,or something like that...

Or it is just some random number from the trailer...

Tesco, and any other store, has no idea when the game will be out. They need to put a release date into their system, the date they have is just their guess.

Guest Marney-1

Hopefully they don't market Max Payne 3 all the way into Fall with DLC's, it's a great game but come on... <_<

That's exactly what they're going to do.

Guest Marney-1

its either march 21st or 28th. and we will be getting new information by the next gta 4 multiplayer event..... and if we dont..... then the game is postponed

Can you repeat that in English?

Sign in to follow this