Sign in to follow this  
Ostrich Boy

GTA 5 Wii U?

Don't be an ass because of typos...

"Your whole point was that GTA has been on a nintendo console, which IS hasn't."

I assume you meant IT.

The DS, PSV, GB etc. are Portable Gaming CONSOLES. Look it up.

Yeh, I understand what you mean about GTAV coming out for current gen, thats kinda obvious, but remember when XBOX360 was next gen, but it still shared some game titles with the PS2, and GC.

I am biased towards Nintendo for watering down the gaming market with all these family-friendly, keep fit proud americany get up and dance around like an idiot "games" that aren't actually games. I've never owned a Nintendo product*, and I reserve a particular hatred for the Wii or any future product using that name. It's not true gaming, which should involve sitting on your arse with a basic controller in your hands moving as little as possible.

*Actually tell a lie, I had an original Gameboy back in '92.

Also, I always hated Mario when I was a kid.

I'm just stating my general opinion here, it doesn't related in any way to the argument going on.

*wipes arse and leaves*

See DuffMan! This is exactly why you shouldn't have deleted my post.

Im not to fond of the Wii either, but the GC was pure awesomeness.

GTAV most likely won't be on the Wii U for a couple a reasons. First, he Wii U's will be targeted towards family and kids under 12. It would ruin the disney-esqueeverythingissoperfectandfamily image that Nintendo now holds. Also, the Wii U won't be released until 2013, and the game will most likely be released before that (Hopefully, it may delay), and it just probably wont happen.

If for some reason a GTAV was for Wii U, it would be modified/waterred down version of GTAV.

It's possible it will be on Wii, but I really doubt it, and the majority of people will buy the game for their current consoles. Most people who will buy the Wii U will be current Wii owners, which will probably be people that don't really like games like GTA.

My theory that in the event that R* does intend to put GTA V on the Wii, it will most likely be toned-down. I'm talking about violence and software specifications. It would not be as awesome as the other console/PC versions.

My theory that in the event that R* does intend to put GTA V on the Wii, it will most likely be toned-down. I'm talking about violence and software specifications. It would not be as awesome as the other console/PC versions.

Not true, Nintendo has had worse. The Wii U is also more powerful than XBOX360 and the PS3.

It's definitely not more powerful than a PC, PC's constantly advance while consoles take a few years.

Thankyou for that information Marcus (Y)

<_<

Not true, Nintendo has had worse. The Wii U is also more powerful than XBOX360 and the PS3.

Wrong. Developers say the Wii U is on par with the Xbox and PS3.

GTAV most likely won't be on the Wii U for a couple a reasons. First, he Wii U's will be targeted towards family and kids under 12. It would ruin the disney-esqueeverythingissoperfectandfamily image that Nintendo now holds. Also, the Wii U won't be released until 2013, and the game will most likely be released before that (Hopefully, it may delay), and it just probably wont happen.

If for some reason a GTAV was for Wii U, it would be modified/waterred down version of GTAV.

Why would it have to be watered down?

Yes, but so far developers only have development kits, which are not a final product, and not near as powerful and refined as the final product will be.

Why would it have to be watered down?

Yes, but so far developers only have development kits, which are not a final product, and not near as powerful and refined as the final product will be.

That's hearsay you can't provide proof with that. I know people with XDK and it's definately not weaker than the final project. It's the same as original but it has a Developers kit attached.

I highly doubt this as gta v has probably been in development since gta I've was released.... Way before the deck it's we're available

I highly doubt this as gta v has probably been in development since gta I've was released.... Way before the deck it's we're available

It should be an easy enough port-- I plan on buying a wii u and honestly don't care whether R* uses the second screen or not, although it would be nice to have at least a map, or maybe your entire HUD on the controller screen

360 and PS3 are ancient technology... http://arstechnica.c...ul-than-ps3.ars

Your publish date is 9 Months ago also when it was speculation, thus meaning your argument is invalid unless you find updated proof that it isn't.

Some of the developers we spoke to indicated to us that the console will have 50 percent

Meaning Developers have seen it yet, Now developers have seen it and their statement was it's on Par with Xbox 360 & Playstation 3.

These links are less than a week old, and prove my point.

http://www.google.co...iw=1366&bih=681

I assume your talking about this...

"So far the [Wii U] hardware's been on par with what we have with the current generations," Vigil's Marvin Donald told Game Reactor.

"Based on what I understand, the resolution and textures and polycounts and all that stuff, we're not going to being doing anything to up-res the game, but we'll take advantage of the controller for sure."

Remember he says "so far" there, so while early dev kits for a launch title might not push the system to its limits, there might still be room under the hood for the Wii U to run games at a clearly higher level than the consoles of today.

And whats your point in arguing with me about the Wii U's power. We all know once developers get used to the system, it'll start to look even better than the PS3. My point in replying to OMB was that if GTAV was on Wii U, it would be the same game if not a much better one. Your response to me was to argue about the Wii U's power, and try to prove me wrong, wich you will soon realize you haven't.

if GTAV was on Wii U, it would be the same game if not a much better one

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think GTA IV was ported for PC, not sure about PS3. But I definitely think V will be primarily made for 360 and PS3, and ported to PC and if this theory is correct, Wii U. Therefore they won't create a "much better one" for Wii U.

Whats your point? :huh: I said it would be the same game. What would make it better is R* taking advantage of the Wii U control. Why try to start A debate that isn't there? What is your issue with my statement?

Well im 99.99999998871% sure that if GTAV is on the Wii U, the Wii U version will have some exclusive features. If Wii U doesn't have exclusive features, it will have better versions of other features in the game already, via the Wii U control.

Sign in to follow this