Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

GTA V: Ideas from other games

Guest Marney1

Any particular ideas or perks you've seen in other games that you'd like to see in GTA V?

I like the customisable number plates from Mafia 2 myself. Be especially good in GTA V multiplayer to troll other players with.

Guest Marney1

As said I liked the speedometer idea. U could stop it so u didn't speed. Very handy.

Yeah I like that the speedo could be turned on or off. Good if you want to play by the rules of the road.

I'd like to have a combat system similar to Gears of War or Mass Effect 3. They both have very smooth combat that doesn't feel overly shooter-esque, more so with Mass Effect. I'd also like to see a weapon wheel similar to Mass Effect or Saints Row. D-pad weapon selection is too slow for intense shootouts.

I want Burnout Paradise-style challenges in free mode. Everyone in the game participates in either individual or co-op challenges e.g. each player kills x number of pedestrians by running them over, or the lobby needs to blow up a total of y of cars within 5 minutes, with all players participating.

Basically like the Rampages of old GTA games, but in multiplayer, and with an XP reward for completing them.

As said I liked the speedometer idea. U could stop it so u didn't speed. Very handy.

Except speeding isn't a crime in GTA, and it never will be.

Guest Marney1

I want Burnout Paradise-style challenges in free mode. Everyone in the game participates in either individual or co-op challenges e.g. each player kills x number of pedestrians by running them over, or the lobby needs to blow up a total of y of cars within 5 minutes, with all players participating.

Basically like the Rampages of old GTA games, but in multiplayer, and with an XP reward for completing them.

But the option to have it on or off would suit everyone.

Everyone says that about everything. It's still a feature that takes time to develop, and adds nothing to gameplay. You never need to know how fast you're going, what gear you're in, or what rpm you're sitting at.

Loved that about Mafia, and I would use it in GTA too because as lame as it sounds, there are some who enjoy role-playing as if the events were irl.

Guest Marney1

Everyone says that about everything. It's still a feature that takes time to develop, and adds nothing to gameplay. You never need to know how fast you're going, what gear you're in, or what rpm you're sitting at.

Well it could give the option to have speed limits on or off. It's a matter of personal choice if you want to use it or not.

Can't have too many options.

• Like 1

Well it could give the option to have speed limits on or off. It's a matter of personal choice if you want to use it or not.

Can't have too many options.

Well they could add options for absolutely everything, but the fact is they won't.

Guest Marney1

@Duff OK, it's just an opinion. That was mine and that's yours. Let's move on.

If I could pick just one thing, it would be Rico's grappling hook from Just Cause 2. I know it doesn't work in a GTA urban context, but it would be damn convenient sometimes.

I want the stealth system from MGS4. I want to be able to crawl, and A sense of smell should be added aswell. So When you stink from crawling in dog crap (I REALLY want crawling to be in) or natural B.O., I want the Cop/enemy to follow the scent and serch for you. Or if your smoking weed, cigarettes, cigars, etc. Maybe the ability to hide in lockers when indoors, or barrels when around a brewery, or boxes, hiding in shipping crates should return aswell. Bottom line: Use A WAAAYY better stealth system, and I think using MGS in that department is the right way to go.