Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

The Titanic

Guest Marney1

titanic%20m.jpg

So the Titanic sank 100 years ago next month (April 15th 1912) and this is in General Discussion for a reason, not to act a dick like Ku Zi Mu 789 and Qdeathstar - that reason being to post interesting things about it like images of its luxurious interior decor etc.

But first, this:

Deep sea grave of the Titanic: Extraordinary sonar images show full map of shipwreck on ocean floor for first time

article-2112456-121833B7000005DC-207_636x381.jpg

article-2112456-121754D9000005DC-671_964x395.jpg

I'm within walking distance of the Maritime Museum and had a good nose around the Titanic Exibition a few months back, saw some artifacts from the wreck like menus, life jackets etc. pretty interesting really. Might go again this week.

So the Titanic sank 100 years ago this week (April 15th 1912)....

This is March 9th, you're about 30 days off.

I was going to say that, lol

But anway I've always been interested in the Titanic, ever since I played that old

back when I was in middle school. Wouldn't mind seeing one of those exibits either...if only there was one nearer than Pigeon Forge, TN or Atlanta, GA...cause Pigeon Forge is through the mountains, and I'll be damned if I'm driving in Atlanta.

Guest Marney1

So the Titanic sank 100 years ago this week (April 15th 1912)....

This is March 9th, you're about 30 days off.

Ha, I knew that. *Edits OP* :rolleyes:

I do find it such an interesting ship. I don't think if the Allure of the seas sank, it would have the same Allure (See what I did there?) to people to it's history like the Titanic did.

I do find it such an interesting ship. I don't think if the Allure of the seas sank, it would have the same Allure (See what I did there?) to people to it's history like the Titanic did.

It would probably depend on how many filthy rich people when down with it. :)

icon11.gif

Someone is doing a TV series on the titanic. it honestly doesnt look any different from the movie with Leo DiCraprio from back in the day

Yeah, it's made by the British, from the same people who did Downton Abbey I believe?

I'd love to dive down and see the titanic. It was on my list of things to do in my life but then I found out it's too far down to dive to! GUTTED!

Also if Jack can't survive the cold, how would you!

There's actually a Titanic exhibit open here in my city

Mine too in San Diego, CA. Sounded really cool but didn't have the fundage to go.

On the actual date of the 100th anniversary, San Diego had a few things going on that sounded interesting:

The US Grant Hotel held a Titanic tea, complete with a violinist.

UltraStar Cinemas played film of the ship wreckage from a private collection in its Mission Valley lobby.

The Prado restaurant in Balboa Park hosted a 10-course meal that replicated the first-class menu served on board the night Titanic went down, for only $212 per person. (It sold out!)

And the San Diego Natural History Museum has that linked exhibit of 200 Titanic artifacts, and had drawn almost 70,000 visitors between Feb and April (it's still open). On the evening of the anniversary, they stayed open late until 2:20 a.m., the exact minute of the sinking.