Sign in to follow this  
JamieMilne

Kony 2012

Guest Marney1

If you feel the need to donate after watching this, ny suggestion would be donate to a real charity like say Oxfam.

They're a scam too. Spend all the money on TV adverts and renting expensive property in London. People need to realise that just because a charity says it's a non-profit organisation it doesn't mean the people running it work for free.

So if you want to give to a real charity give it to someone you know and care about, friends, family, something that will benefit your local community.

Interesting, I volunteered in an Oxfam shop and never got a penny... Managers are paid a wage, yes, but the money is raised by selling non donation items like fair trade food for just one example and tax exemptions. They get paid roughly 12 grand a year to work a fulltime job, they're not exactly greedy corporate fatcats. ;) Also I can guarantee you that more than 30 percent of the money that Oxfam raises is spent on actual aid there is a big difference between them and IC.

Guest Marney1

I've come to a conclusion on this whole Kony 2012 thing. America wants to take over central Africa and needs your blessing by getting you in a pro war state of mind by pulling on your heart strings through this sad video.

So when America decides to start bombing the shit out of central African countries you'll all be like "Hooray, we're finally doing something about that bad man Kony and all the other nasty dictators in Africa!" Fuck yeah! Go Team America!!

Don't bother disagreeing, I know I'm right.

I've come to a conclusion on this whole Kony 2012 thing. America wants to take over central Africa and needs your blessing by getting you in a pro war state of mind by pulling on your heart strings through this sad video.

So when America decides to start bombing the shit out of central African countries you'll all be like "Hooray, we're finally doing something about that bad man Kony and all the other nasty dictators in Africa!" Fuck yeah! Go Team America!!

It helps that they found shitloads of oil in Uganda a few years back...

Go get em, Marn.

Also, I like my Ugandan nutjobs to be hippo-like in apperance. Like the great Idi Amin. Kony just doesn't do it for me.

Guest Marney1

It helps that they found shitloads of oil in Uganda a few years back...

Go get em, Marn.

Also, I like my Ugandan nutjobs to be hippo-like in apperance. Like the great Idi Amin. Kony just doesn't do it for me.

Ha, I'm staying right here thanks. :P

Good thinking. I never realised that until now. Not to offend anybody, but I don't trust that video, and I cerainly don't trust the organisation that made it.

Basically, yes. I think Invisible Children have a sinister agenda (perhaps links to Oil companies?) in wanting US intervention in Uganda. They would have basically no opposition and little resistance from what is widely thought to be a dilapadated group.

In retrospect the anti Kony movement died a quick death. SOPA/PIPA gained support the same way (basically bandwagoners) however has stuck around a while, I hate to be a hipster but I knew about Kony years before the movement (I blame a hippie liberal mother) and I was talking with some friends about SOPA in IRC last year.

so, did anyone hear the story about the guy that made this documentary?? yea, he's spending your donations on getting drunk and masturbating in public... to those of you who donated to the cause, you're a sucker... lolololol....

http://rt.com/usa/news/kony-2012-arrested-masturbating-777/

Cover the night tanked, atleast it did here, a bunch of paper posters taped to lamp posts and trees, the heavy rains here recently fucked them up pretty hard, followed swiftly by my hand yanking them down.

Some cunt had the audacity to stick 3 of them to my garden wall without asking, I'm about ready to put up a "no cold callers, no junk mail, no propaganda) sign, I haven't seen graffiti with spray cans yet, but let me catch them doing it on my wall and they'll know about it.