I should just save the link to this in the txt file that has the link for RDR XP tips:

http://www.igrandthe...-about-gta-iii/

"DH: ... About a year out--maybe 10 months or so--we first had the city, the cars, some of the weapons, and an enormous reservoir of problems that we hadn't figured out yet. We were like, "If this could get to where we think it should get to, this is going to be amazing. Now how the hell do we solve those other problems?" And then, the early part of showing people the game--including E3 2001--was disconcerting because it was incredibly underwhelming. Because we thought it could be magical. Not the Holy Grail, but this thing that was 3D but open and expansive, combining elements of hardcore action, driving, adventuring--all these genres. Very cinematic and story-driven gameplay, this experience that's really unlike anything you've seen before. And people were scratching their heads around it! We were all, 'Are we wrong?'

There was enormous excitement around a few other games coming that fall. We went to E3 and everyone was obsessed by State of Emergency, and no one gave a crap really about GTA III. State of Emergency we thought was interesting, but not without its flaws--some of which never got resolved. But GTA III was already running, and we thought, "This is amazing!" But E3, I think, isn't the best place to show a game anyway, and that's definitely become solidified in our thinking since then.

The second half of 2001 changed people's perspective with some success. But still, it didn't really happen until consumers got their hands on it. I definitely think we were convinced the game was going to be pretty successful and we would make another one. Assuming Take Two didn't go bust because it was under enormous pressure. We'd begun to realize there was something really interesting in this kind of game. All of 2001 we sort of realized, hey, there's something really interesting here--are people going to see it? But we were very passionate about it from that point on.

Ah so that's why, thanks!

I found some more news about GTA V being at E3. Apparently more game sites like Game.co.uk, and Gamestation are adding GTA V as an E3 title and giving bonus points for Pre-Ordering it. It has been added very recently and if R* are trying to keep this secret then their doing a pretty bad job at it, unless they want it to be known.

Link: http://www.gta-v5.co...-title/#respond

Those companies sell games and they're just using the moment to cash in on the gullible.

I know but you might never know what'll happen.

I think it should open up with a weather feed from the radio and then the protag driving down the highway with some sceanery (early in the morning), then show some drug deals, car jacking, gun fights, that's all I got for now I'll think of more later but If you have some ideas or thoughts post them

• Like 1

I think it will focus more on what exactly brought the main character back from retirement, I'm guessing that big house mentioned in the trailer goes into fore closure, his wife leaves him and life is just generally going shitty for him so he say's F it and starts building an empire in Los Santos. This is demonstrated during the trailer with the main character doing certain missions and meeting a few of the characters from the game that will help him get to the top.

icon11.gif

I think it will focus more on what exactly brought the main character back from retirement, I'm guessing that big house mentioned in the trailer goes into fore closure, his wife leaves him and life is just generally going shitty for him so he say's F it and starts building an empire in Los Santos. This is demonstrated during the trailer with the main character doing certain missions and meeting a few of the characters from the game that will help him get to the top.

I agree the next trailer might shed light on the new main character. But I feel a new trailer...that will not come for a long while....willl show that the narrator of the previous trailer was NOT the main character, or at least the dialogue was sarcastic. The whole being old thing could be R* pulling a fast one on us. It could be a scene where the playable character is shitting whoever he is talking too.

I can't believe I didn't think of this before but I think the next trailer will focus on a second protag explaining "why he moved there" but instead of buying a nice house and living rich he'll be poor and say something like..

"So I bought a crappy apartment, no wife, no kids. Yuuup! I'm liviing the life *laughs*."

Etc. You guys get the jist.. and instead of showing Downtown LS they'll be showing clips from the ghetto and something else related to the "robbery" from the first trailer. Speaking of robberies, why exactly have we all just assumed it's a robbery and left it at that? The old man seems very rich and I don't think he'd go around robbing jewellery stores in broad daylight. What if this guy is a undercover agent of some sort constantly wearing disguises of some sort to get a job done? Would explain what he meant buy "get out of that line of work" Could've moved from LCPD. Plus, that kinda role is right up Ned Luke's alley.

NO NO NO!!! I do not wan't that for GTA. I want actual gameplay footage to be a suprise. Now trailer's are fine, but no gameplay series!

• Like 1

come on, we know what the game plays going to be like lol. it isn't going to be drastically different from gta iv lol.

maybe not a gameplay series but just more videos exploring the game other than the trailer. i want

Second trailer will not give us any, real answer, In my opinion. And probably Game Informer article will have a few new photos and will say thats a huge game, and thats it. Mistery 'til the end.

here is my prediction, I think some of the other characters will unravel, some of the unnoticed characters will be presented, but will remain subliminal enough for us to think they are not part of the game, that they are just pedestrians, but are parts of cutscenes, and will hence be important secondary characters, also the main character should be revealed in the second trailer, and if not, the main contact, or initial secondary actor.

like niko->roman sort of deal.

the second trailer will probably involve some cutscenes from some missions.

and it will be 1:32 min long.

More of the "Bahh...You know how it is." action, synced with a second climactic build-up in another obscure, yet completely bad-ass classic rock tune.

With jets.

NO NO NO!!! I do not wan't that for GTA. I want actual gameplay footage to be a suprise. Now trailer's are fine, but no gameplay series!

agreed

its too early for second trailer.... they need to steal they xmas hype over other games. releasing a second trailer with more info during x-mas week will be great in terms of publicity.

My guess is they will release a second trailer just before Black ops 2 is released, so that people may decide to hold onto their money for GTA. Or they'll play safe and release the trailer in January after Christmas hype is over, followed by a massive build up to spring.