danz0r

GTA 4 multiplayer hacker?

When I was playing free mode (TBoGT) on the Xbox yesterday some guy was flying around in a red Annihilator. I dunno what the fuck is going on but something isn't right.

They are online mods. I can't really go into detail how to do it because it requires warez but I can show you on Xbox 360 if you'd like. Also just a heads up Modders have the capability of freezing your console.

That's okay, I know how to mod games. It seems like a strange thing to do though, risking your console/LIVE account to turn your helicopter red.

Guest Marney1

When I was playing free mode (TBoGT) on the Xbox yesterday some guy was flying around in a red Annihilator. I dunno what the fuck is going on but something isn't right.

They are online mods. I can't really go into detail how to do it because it requires warez but I can show you on Xbox 360 if you'd like. Also just a heads up Modders have the capability of freezing your console.

That's okay, I know how to mod games. It seems like a strange thing to do though, risking your console/LIVE account to turn your helicopter red.

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!!! That's all it's about. OK cool bro' you have a red helicopter, now GTFO.

Well it's not that there is more we can do, it's just only our screen that can see it. Rockstar sort of said they didn't mind us modding Unranked free-roam [can't find the quote as it was in the comments of social wire.] as long as it didn't effect other peoples game-play which is why the patched the more severe portion of the mods and car spawns/handling/texture mods.

@Marney1 This video is more related to the topic at hand

Guest Marney1

... Marney cut the shit.

Sorry, was slightly drunk. Still am but yeah that video is more related to the topic at hand.

I hate multiplayer hackers. They ruin the game and spoil things for everybody.

How so?

Not all hacks are god mode etc. I remember back in December 08 hauling ass around Broker free roam in a green noose vehicle a modder had made for us. He was spawning vehicles in any colour people wanted them for free to make the game a little more fun.

. Rockstar sort of said they didn't mind us modding Unranked free-roam [can't find the quote as it was in the comments of social wire.] as long as it didn't effect other peoples game-play which is why the patched the more severe portion of the mods and car spawns/handling/texture mods.

Uh surely that has to be bs? At a guess the majority of modders would be using a pirated game.

How so?

Not all hacks are god mode etc. I remember back in December 08 hauling ass around Broker free roam in a green noose vehicle a modder had made for us. He was spawning vehicles in any colour people wanted them for free to make the game a little more fun.

. Rockstar sort of said they didn't mind us modding Unranked free-roam [can't find the quote as it was in the comments of social wire.] as long as it didn't effect other peoples game-play which is why the patched the more severe portion of the mods and car spawns/handling/texture mods.

Uh surely that has to be bs? At a guess the majority of modders would be using a pirated game.

We're not using a pirated version at all because the mods require the actual disc itself.

How so?

We're not using a pirated version at all because the mods require the actual disc itself.

Ooooh, I've been out of hacking for along time with regards to GTA4, how exactly does this work then?

What you see are script mods, after a few years R* begins letting up it's security on the servers, and it becomes easier for modders to move in and find all these script mods for online. They are most likely beginning to port over security to MP3 and GTA V as they are becoming less worried about GTA 4 and TBoGT. It usually takes a few years. There were modders before this, but now it's beginning to pop up more and more due to this reason.

yea, someone i know that plays on xbox live mentions modders all the time... apparently it runs rampant in freeroam... he's showed me pics of decked out limos, green annihilators, and a fucking floating helipad over the water by the airport... it's a damn shame to be honest... once hackers get an inch, they take a mile... i would have to stop playing altogether if i ever saw that on the PS3, it ruins online when fucktards aren't willing to play by the rules... i'm all for modding your own experience, but don't force me to experience it too...

I deal with mods that just spawn cars and you can ride them normally, but anything after that just ruins it.

yea, someone i know that plays on xbox live mentions modders all the time... apparently it runs rampant in freeroam... he's showed me pics of decked out limos, green annihilators, and a fucking floating helipad over the water by the airport... it's a damn shame to be honest... once hackers get an inch, they take a mile... i would have to stop playing altogether if i ever saw that on the PS3, it ruins online when fucktards aren't willing to play by the rules... i'm all for modding your own experience, but don't force me to experience it too...

I'm okay with things like map mods so long as they aren't using it to block players in and shit.

I'm all for modding so long as it isn't

A. Health hack

B. Speed hack

C. Gravity hack (for use of dming)

D. Map modding for dming/block

You get my drift.

I'm okay with things like map mods so long as they aren't using it to block players in and shit.

A. Health hack

B. Speed hack

You get my drift.

AND DON"T FORGET FREEZE MODS

I don't know how many fucking times modders have frozen my console because we piss them off or they think it's funny, everyone freezes except the modder, and I have to go restart my console. My god I hate that

A. Health hack

B. Speed hack

You get my drift.

AND DON"T FORGET FREEZE MODS

I don't know how many fucking times modders have frozen my console because we piss them off or they think it's funny, everyone freezes except the modder, and I have to go restart my console. My god I hate that

Actually most like to do it because it makes their e-cock hard, QDs love when their e-cock is hard.

It's a GTA ISO mod which has been fixed for IV but still works for TboGT, sad that people who use them ruin the game for everyone else.. although you do get some that will give you stuff like red/green heli's etc

At this time it's still around the whole era of IV, it's slowly dying out since the people are moving on, and I'm actually glad because that means it's atleast starting to become playable again.

Similar problem yesterday online, Star in your eyes track, don't get me wrong if someone wants to block the track here or taxing, it's all good fun, ways round lol, but to go around a corner and hit a, best way to explain....(impenetrable orange fence, workmen fence or something then take a gren launcher up the arse when none of that weapon on the track) sorry go no names, didn't think it was important at the time....didn't all players youv'e met used to be on your PS login...can't rem seeing that option.....keep my eyes open in future for these wankers...

Could be internet lag. The spawning part not so much. I'm very sure Xbox LIVE has a way to see someone's reputation on their profile. See if anyone has reported them for hacking/cheating or whatever. edit: nevermind. seems you can only see a star rating.

no you can send reports

Could be internet lag. The spawning part not so much. I'm very sure Xbox LIVE has a way to see someone's reputation on their profile. See if anyone has reported them for hacking/cheating or whatever. edit: nevermind. seems you can only see a star rating.

no you can send reports

If only that was relevant information.

Personally, I LOVE running into hackers.

Last night, there was a hacker jumping all over the servers spawning all kinds of wacky stuff. I got to fly the sky crane.

I've been playing free mode games for almost a year, and it's great when you get to see new and interesting things.

but seriously...

People are mad about hackers in free mode servers because they can't "win" against them? What a bunch of cry babies!!!

If you recognize it's a hacker, just stop attacking them. Most of the time, they'll back off and show off their mods.

You CAN'T beat a hacker in any way shape or form unless they let you win, and most hackers (and non hackers) will only terrorize people with personality issues.

So, forget about ALWAYS WINNING, take your inferiority complex and your need to compensate and toss it out along side your endless futile persistence and stubborness, because if you demonstrate those qualities, a hacker will sense that, and drive you insane. I'm not a hacker, but when I run into the type of person I described, and they just keep attacking and attacking and attacking, I beat them over and over again, until I know that I frustrated them to their wit's end. If they stop attacking me, I don't go after them... Simple as that. Most people play that way in free mode.