I would prefer to keep it third person, snipers and whatever don't count, guess I was kinda rude. However imagine a view that you get in a car and instead of having a "dash cam" you can view the whole interior, or you could include both. Also a players choice thing would take a whole new scripting and Rockstar is probably just finishing up and focusing on bugs and marketing and lastly GTA is mainly third person.

However imagine a view that you get in a car and instead of having a "dash cam" you can view the whole interior, or you could include both.

thats what i always wanted also

I guess no ones played MGS on this thread (either that, or they don't remember it) so ill explain how they used FP.

While aiming, if you pressed triangle, the weapon would be placed directly in the center of the screen in FP.

While In a cutscene, pressing L1 would sometimes give you A FP view.

While crawling (wich should really be added to GTAV) or hold no weapon, L1 would give you A FP view.

I just mainly want to be able to press a button to get A FP view while aiming.

the weapon would be placed directly in the center of the screen in FP.

This is called iron sights, for those who aren't familiar with first-person games.

/randomly helpful

So 1st person view isn't such a bad idea to add to GTA if you just want to fool around in the game ,

I'd use it when I go around shooting people haha

I guess it would be fun to do sometimes, driving, massacring etc... But if it is included, it should be smooth and not as awkward as 3rd person was in Skyrim.

I get your point (red dot scopes on guns) because if it wasn't first person i guess it would be pointless for things like red dot sights but it could make the gun accuracy increase and things such as suppression for the stealthy approach. One of the most annoying things in GTA is mugging someone in an ally and always get the cops after you in about 5 seconds, hunted, shot down. Would be cool though, like a button to switch, for people who like playing fps games can also enjoy GTA in their own way. Great point!

If any of you have played Metal Gear Solid 4 you may know of the quick first person mode to your gun sights that you could do for accurate shots, and then return to 3rd person. This in my opinion would be the best and really the only way R* could put first person in GTAV if they decided to do so.

Listen GTA is known for third person and the idea off adding first person just bothers me, plus like every other BIG THING that seems quite stupid in a certain sense would probably take developers another few months to add first person, a whole new scripting. In SR3 you can add attachments and it made the gun more accurate, plus flashlights made it easy to see in the dark. So things like that yeah, dashboard view like I said earlier, yeah, but a whole first person? bitch please if you want that game this year then forget about it...

• Like 1

The first-person camera is a subjective camera angle. Developers that use this camera, use it intentionally to embody you into your on-screen character. It is used to make you feel like you are the character you are playing, to experience a first-person role of immersion.

GTA however, has always been about the character you are playing, and therefore wouldn't work in a first person context. They don't want you to be the player, they want you to experience what the character is experiencing from over his shoulder.

Also, switching from third to first, and back and fourth brakes immersion, and doesn't allow the game to be fully appreciated imo.

• Like 2

They don't want you to be the player, they want you to experience what the character is experiencing from over his shoulder.

Well said sir.

I still wouldn't be into it even if it were optional. A close-up of the character when you're in target mode would be enough for me. Driving a car would be a different story. Itd be really interesting if you could change to first person in a car and see yourself/facial expressions/word movements in the rear view. Wishful thinking.

I dont know, i think it would be a bold move. Personally ive always wanted more of a first person look while driving striclty because i find it easier to drive when i can see the hands on the wheel, my dashboard and my mirrors. When i can see those things it brings me back to driving, a task i do every single day so for that reason it helps me drive better when i see presented that way in the game. Plus i wouldn't mind FP in some shooting situations because once again i shoot better in FP because it makes more sense. I would like the idea of a button to quickly change perspectives, and if you dont like FP then dont push the button problem solved... right?

I like to make use of my peripheral vision when driving IRL. So I would suck at driving FP in the game. But that's just me.

thats a good point, peripheral vision is the one drawback i forgot to mention, nonetheless i would still like to see a FP view inside the car because even without the perif im still better at driving in that FP view rather than the third person view behind the vehichle.

What Rockstar should include in GTA V is an option in the menu that allows us to switch between first person view and third person view. That way, we can see inside cars when we are driving, and to practice our shooting skills for COD and Battlefield.

practice our shooting skills for COD and Battlefield.

GTA is not a fucking practice run for piece of shit first-person shooters. GTA is the main event, fuck CoD and Battlefield. Especially CoD.

• Like 4