basesim

Realistic car crashes in GTA V, would it be possible?

Well, you're probably right, I was just wondering if it would be possible because I had like to wreck my car by going at 200mph on the wrong side of the highway.And, even if we aren't 100% sure of that,but as duffman said, it would probably take too much ressources for the xbox, and it would also take up a lot of space.

I still think that an option would be nice but it will probably never exist.

At least, I hope that car damage will have been reviewed, at least graphically.

I would like a option to put on a seat belt and the crashes in IV were fine maybe just improved a little

I would like a option to put on a seat belt and the crashes in IV were fine maybe just improved a little

Nah I loved punishing Niko for being a dumbass by going at 200mph into an indestructable rail, watching him fly out the windscreen

Initial reaction. Would love to see crashes like this in.

But then it would just result in having to switch cars several times during missions and driving around, especially in a chase situation.

This NEEDS to be in. Just tweak the speed:damage ratio.

If im going 120Mph the damage should be like 1:05

If im going 50Mph, then add a few bruises.

Bottom line, the visual damage needs a serious upgrade.

I think everybody agree that crashes have to be reviewed graphically first of all.

After, I think that Ku Zi Mu 789 has a great idea : Reviewing of the speed:damage ratio

Also, I think that being trapped in the car after a big crash and having to break the window to get out of it would also be a nice addition to the game.

I think that would be really stupid cause u don't want to get a brand new car that u really like and accidentally crash and its totaled the would piss me off to the max

Ok, I think that you CLEARLY haven't watched the whole video. Look at 0:46 and 1:00. And usualy, when you have a front collision, yes, the front of your car is messed up. You said goodjob... thank you, I appreciate dude

Ok the car crashes like this are already included in GTA 4. You talk about "crashing and the whole car gets messed up not just the front" but CLEARLY in your video all it's doing IS messing up the front. #Goodjob

Go play GTAIV again, because this graphical damage is not in it.

• Like 1

Ok the car crashes like this are already included in GTA 4. You talk about "crashing and the whole car gets messed up not just the front" but CLEARLY in your video all it's doing IS messing up the front. #Goodjob

Of course it's not you imbecile because it's physical damage, graphical damage isn't terminology in the game world as all graphics are texture's. Since you think it's so easy to implement do it your self and send it to Rockstar, oh wait you can't because you don't realize that what you're asking for is a whole new physics engine and that can take years to create.

It would be a cool addition to the game but it would have to be pretty tame, because I don't want to write of my car every time I hit a bump or a pedestrian.

Of course it's not you imbecile because it's physical damage, graphical damage isn't terminology in the game world as all graphics are texture's. Since you think it's so easy to implement do it your self and send it to Rockstar, oh wait you can't because you don't realize that what you're asking for is a whole new physics engine and that can take years to create.

The could possibly do it considering they had 5-6 years to make the game.

• Like 1

It would be a cool addition to the game but it would have to be pretty tame, because I don't want to write of my car every time I hit a bump or a pedestrian.

The could possibly do it considering they had 5-6 years to make the game.

Did Rockstar really start working on V in the middle of IV?

I think this would be better suited as a mod for the PC. The hardware for 360/ps3 probably isnt good enough to hold this kind of stuff. Plus you have to consider the fact that each car will have different strengths, and as such going 40mph in a really small car would probably end up with yuou being sandwiched between the rear wheels and the car you crashed into. I don't wanna die doing 100mph during a mission because I got crumpled in a car wreck. Although as a mod it would be cool to be able to turn it on, and crash into stuff and watch it back in the scene editor thing.

Nah... I find that the GTA IV car crash system just needs a little tweaking, maybe a little more debris and bits flying off your car. I would life to see more scratches on cars though, bumps and dents as well to make the car look a lot less solid and indestructable, Just don't like the realistic car crashes although this game is based on realism (kind of) but it still needs the fluent gameplay and you not needing a new car every time you buckle you're Tyre on a kirb.... It was bad enough in GTA IV when you're car broke down in a high speed pursuit :scooter:

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

Random pic can go here because the topic has the word 'car' in the title.

Oh and maybe a car buying system could be added! GTA IV really peeved me off when i found out the numbers for the car shop didn't work. They should make it so the cars you drive aren't used like disposable cameras and thrown away after every crash or blockage. Somewhere where you could buy a car which would stay at your safe-house garage maybe? Would be cool in my opinion. People just want to kill hokers on GTA V.... i just want the most realistic GTA R* could make to make it feel like its a separate life....

• Like 2

Guest Marney-1

Just saw this impressive video on Twitter:

Realistic_Car_Crashes.png

!

I wouldn't mind seeing realistic crashes like that in GTA V although it looks like you'd have to be a pretty good driver if you wanted to keep your car for more than 5 minutes.

i would love those kind of car physics in gta. makes keeping your car unscathed more of a challenge.

although compared to real life the cars seem really soft

Guest Marney-1

i would love those kind of car physics in gta. makes keeping your car unscathed more of a challenge.

although compared to real life the cars seem really soft

I think somewhere halfway would be ideal because we don't want to write-off our cars every time we hit something at 30mph but we also don't want them built like tanks, as in GTA IV.