basesim

Realistic car crashes in GTA V, would it be possible?

Hi,

Do you think it would be possible that GTA V includes realistic car crashes, I mean like in the real life. For exemple, during a high speed car crash on the highway, the car would be completely destroyed, not only the bumper.

Maybe you think it would make the game too difficult ? So what do you think about an option which could be disabled? I'm not talking about a pc mod, but about an option, natively available on both pc and console.

Take a look at it :

Especialy at 0:45 and 1:00

It presents the physics engine of Rigs of Rods. Besides the graphic quality, we can see that cars react much like real cars. Think of a physics engine like this in GTA V. .. Do you think it would be possible?

• Like 2

It is possible to an extent, but I'd rather not see it. Any bump from 30mph into a solid object will write off a normal car. In GTA, that's basically every time you go around a corner. It's less about difficulty and more about spoiling the fun tbh.

Yeah, and it's why I'm also talking about an option :), You could enable this option when you want to make big car crashes and disable the option the rest of the time.

• Like 2

Well, this option could be unavailable in online racing , and there could be many game mode, for example :

-Free mode with realistic car crashes

-Free mode with standard car crashes

Having multiple game modes or an option to turn on/off the way cars crash is possibly the stupidest idea ever

my reaction? V

• Like 1

First, I'm talking about multiple ONLINE game modes

2nd, It's your opinion to think it's stupid to control how realistic crashes are, but can you at least explain why?

No you fucking dipshit.

he more options it has the quicker it will die out.

What that means is GTA's MP was filled with people the first 6 months it came out then it started dying off because people went to play newer games all the Ranked game modes died out first except for TDM and DM which has a small amount of people playing. People always play in Free Roam now that's why the next GTA needs MP like RDR.

Guest Marney1

The crashes in IV were fine. I don't see a need for ultra-realistic crashes which take up space that could be used for other, better things. Like Duffman said, we bang up cars constantly playing GTA.

I'd like to be able to completely write off a car by going full speed into a building or something but as you say the car crashes/damage in IV is pretty good. It's possible to have a high speed crash and render your vehicle pretty much undriveable but I wouldn't mind being able to kill myself in the process.

It would be more exciting knowing that if you drive at high speed and like an idiot you could actually kill yourself.

Edited by Marney1
  • Like 1

You see, some are for and some are against this. So an adding an option would be great (you decide if you want or not realistic car crashes).

TreeFitty: you say that it would take up space, maybe youre right, but, even if I'm not sure of it, I think it wouldn't take A WAY TOO MUCH space. And also, the physics engine have always been one of the great part of GTA, and Rockstar always try to improve it. So it already take up space.

I don't think those crashes were realistic....i never saw tires fly off in one peace like that

I wonder what the limit is on the iphone app for shiity useless iphone app signature. I mean, did invision realise this app was so shitty that the needed to give people the ability to say "yo, sorry this post is shit snd i cant quote you or post this cool picturr i took because im using this shiity app, but on the bright side, at least now you know thats why my post sucks."... And even if thats the case why not just simply make that the default signature instead of mindfucking everyone by automatically posting null everywhere. This is an easy fix that makes me go what the fuck. I mean, hell... I know im not paying for the app so i get what i get, but thr invision board liscenses cost money and if you own a site and pay for the liscense shif should work... Also, no adsence or advertising support... Wtf. I would type more trying to get to the limit of this shitty app but ive ran out of stuff to say... So thats it

Well realistic car crashs are abit much for GTA,like one guy siad "you constintly crach a vehicle in the game .the only thing I think GTA must do is put more crash details to the exsisting crash system that was used in GTA IV ,like the a headlight falling out ,mirrors falling off stuff like that , tire and rim gamage would be a good idea to . . That's my opinion . . Anyone agree with me ?

Well it's sure that if there's no realistic crashes, adding details would be the minimum for a new GTA. I agree with you on this point.

But what do you think about adding an option, which could be disabled , that allows people who want to write off their car simply for having fun to have more realistic crashes? wouldn't it be a great idea?

I don't think it's as simple as 'adding an option'. They'd have to program an entirely different crash physics engine for it that probably wouldn't be able to cope with the same number of cars onscreen at the same time. I expect that would be compounded by requiring more detailed car models - not graphically, but underneath, they would need to have new models for wheels, suspension, the chassis, bumpers, and so on. If they put it in free mode they would probably need to reduce the number of players you could have. The problem with having too many MP game modes is that the more you split the online population, the less likely you are to find a decent sized game. The fewer decent games you find, the less you play, and eventually online becomes a ghost town. It just reeks of a novelty feature that people would turn on for five minutes and never use again - I think they would be better off spending time on larger areas that people would spend more time on.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about game development. I just assume a physics engine that accurately replicates real car crashes would use a tonne more processing power and so the hardware could cope with fewer instances at the same time.

Duffman,i couldn't of said it any better,adding an option like that is a good idea but the amount of plays in multiplay will be very low (maybe ever as low as 2 plays max)cause you have to take in consideration on other vehciles that are in the area of draw distancemlike Duffman said ,detailing on components such as bumpers,grills,lights,bonnet,suspention(shocks,a-arms),wheels,brakes,and tones more must be added ,plus on top of that it must be done on every vehcile in the game .which will require a lot more memory ,CPU performance and GPU performance to place and calculate all the movements of they .

First, I'm talking about multiple ONLINE game modes

2nd, It's your opinion to think it's stupid to control how realistic crashes are, but can you at least explain why?

I don't think it's as simple as 'adding an option'. They'd have to program an entirely different crash physics engine for it that probably wouldn't be able to cope with the same number of cars onscreen at the same time. I expect that would be compounded by requiring more detailed car models - not graphically, but underneath, they would need to have new models for wheels, suspension, the chassis, bumpers, and so on. If they put it in free mode they would probably need to reduce the number of players you could have. The problem with having too many MP game modes is that the more you split the online population, the less likely you are to find a decent sized game. The fewer decent games you find, the less you play, and eventually online becomes a ghost town. It just reeks of a novelty feature that people would turn on for five minutes and never use again - I think they would be better off spending time on larger areas that people would spend more time on.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about game development. I just assume a physics engine that accurately replicates real car crashes would use a tonne more processing power and so the hardware could cope with fewer instances at the same time.

It's a stupid idea because if the game is as big as we think it is and if the graphics are as good is it seems, then R* would not waste the extra money to pay people to put in the same exact game mode with cars having totally different scripts, it would put to much on the disc and it would take to much time to do instead of adding good features and polishing the game up.

Plus it just sounds stupid "Free Roam"/"Free Roam with realistic car crashes"

"TDM"/"TDM with realistic crashes"

Just isn't necessary and isn't worth the waste, we had to deal with peds blowing up and crashing into you half the time anyway and it was hard enough noobs crashed into you and spawn trapped you, finally get a car only to have it crushed? No

You wanna have multiple dics to hold all the information or to waste all that extra time and money then go make your own game with "THE OPTION TO TURN ON HOW CARS CRASH :jumpy:"

Just like our Admin Duffman stated it would make no sense you idiot

Well i love the idea, as cool as the video is, I wouldn't take GTA V that far. However I do hope they improve it further cos cars can be demolished and much more wrecked when driving at top speeds or when the car flips and rolls.

It looks like the car in the video is going at 5mph and getting the hood pushed in. Not smashed, but pushed.

The crashes in GTA IV were fine, maybe a little more realistic damage would be good, but not like the video.

Im pretty sure its in slo mo. I want crashes like that, but only for cop cars an enemy pursuers so you can take em out like in NFS Most Wanted.