basesim

Realistic car crashes in GTA V, would it be possible?

I defently think they should improve the deformation and damages on vehicles...

I really wasn't very satisfied with the crashes in GTA IV, but they weren't bad for it's time...

My opinion on V.

The one thing that drove me nuts in GTA IV was that, in a frontal crash, the hood stayed flat and changed shape/got smaller rather than bending upwards like in real life. I made an awesome diagram to show you what I mean (the hood is in red):

This^ along with other details like wing mirrors coming off, wheels coming off, and better deformations would definately make me happy. Of course if they ever used something like CryEngine, it would be the best thing ever IMO.

Edit: Couldn't get the diagram to work. You get the idea though.

• Like 1

The one thing that drove me nuts in GTA IV was that, in a frontal crash, the hood stayed flat and changed shape/got smaller rather than bending upwards like in real life. I made an awesome diagram to show you what I mean (the hood is in red):

This^ along with other details like wing mirrors coming off, wheels coming off, and better deformations would definately make me happy. Of course if they ever used something like CryEngine, it would be the best thing ever IMO.

Edit: Couldn't get the diagram to work. You get the idea though.

agreed with the hood part, that was plainly retarded looking, they crashed my mercedez at 35 mph and my hood was as high as the roof, they not to work on that though, about the cryengine thing, mmmm don't think so.

Hey guys, new to the forum!..

But as what other people have said, things like wheels detaching after a high speed collision or even getting punctures as a result of a crash would be pretty cool. More bits flying off cars would keep me happy, such as bumpers, mirrors, even the exhaust dropping off being dragged behind the car would be good! Another idea is that if the car is crashed in a certain way, say after a high jump or something the exhaust rips off and the car sound changes slightly!

• Like 1

Well, having seen two seperate crashes in trailers, both involving Trevor, it shows the damage is improved.

Trailer 2 we see the two trains colliding on the bridge, they both launch into the air, parts fly off, and they also bend as would probably happen in real life.

Trevors own trailer we see him driving a car head on into a train, and the front of the car is totally crushed in the fraction of a second we see it, as would actually happen in real life.

1352949510837dc8_l.jpg