snoepzakje12gta5

dead island 2?

Would be good if they made a second game. The first reminded me of farcry 2, but zombies rather than gorilla gangs. I think the co-op was a great extra too once they got it fixed. I think a second game could really do well, if they polish some of the odd annoying things from the last game.

I thought i read reviews of Dead Island and the consensus was that the game generally sucked and was overhyped... did I read wrong?

Guess what 2 weeks ago they announced dead island riptide. Its gonna be a brand knew game starting price only 49:99. That's all the info.

Dead Island: Riptide 'priced to reflect the end of a console cycle' - publisher

11th Jun 2012 | 10:10

Deep Silver confirms the upcoming game will cost $49.99

According to Aubrey Norris, marketing and PR manager at Deep Silver, the pricing strategy reflects the publisher's belief that successors to Xbox 360 and PS3 will be close to release by the the game arrives, most likely some time next year.

"That's not a placeholder :) that's the real price!" she told Ripten when contacted about retailer listings for the game. "It's the end of a console cycle - we think this price makes a lot more sense given that."

She also confirmed that Riptide "is a new game" and "not a remake" in a similar vein to Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.

Riptide is planned for release on PC as well as consoles. It was announced at E3 and is set for an extensive reveal by "this summer", according to Deep Silver. Surely it can't top the impact of the original game's debut trailer, which you can watch below. What do you hope to see in the sequel?

Last July, EA Sports boss Andrew Wilson suggested the days of the $60 games business might be numbered. Noting that 45 percent of revenues made by games in 2010 were digital, he said: "There is still a business of $60 games sold at GAME and GameStop - that's still legitimate for now. I won't predict when that will die. I won't prophesise when games on discs will go away, because the reality is that as long as gamers continue to line up and buy them we will make them.

"But the amount of people on Facebook, on PSN and Xbox Live is growing," Wilson added. "There is a shift here. If we don't get ahead of it, we will find ourselves in trouble. We have seen the Blockbusters and the HMVs change before our eyes. The corporate graveyard is littered with companies, mediums and entities that resisted where the consumer wanted to go."

Dead Island Riptide Announced, Screenshots Revealed

Dead Island continues with Riptide, which is set for a 2013 release.

by Ian Miles Cheong on 31st Aug, 2012

The developers at Deep Silver are putting together a semi-sequel to Dead Island called Dead Island Riptide. The game will star the four main characters featured in the original game and will allow players who own Dead Island to continue their adventure using their original characters.

The developers insist that the game isn't a sequel and is instead a spin-off title, much like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is to Assassin's Creed 2.

While the game was announced earlier this year, this will be the first time we've any concrete details on what Dead Island Riptide has to offer.

In addition to the return of the four original characters, all of whom will offer new dialogue to bolster their personalities, the game will see the introduction of a dynamic weather system and an increased focus on close combat instead of shooting.

True to the name, the game's weather system will allow for locations to be literally flooded by torrential rain storms and force players to take to rafts and boats to weather the environment on zombie-infested rivers. Players will also have to batten down the hatches, so to speak, in makeshift forts.

Dead Island Riptide will be out in 2013.

There was supposed to be screens with it.

I read about this. I think they wanted to polish what they had done already by bringing out a second part to the original game with better multiplayer aspects, as apparently the multiplayer part of the game (co-op) was the most successful. They're making it clear it's not a Dead Island 2 though for whatever reason. Maybe they're secretly working on a next-gen DI-2 with a whole new setting.