Should cops be more realistic?  

481 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope the police are more aware of there surroundings when they are in a car chase.

Hopefully this time they won't be able to keep up with the fastest car in the game like they were able to in IV.

#ShitDriver

I just hope the police are more trained, got bored quiete swiftly with the popo in IV

I hope the police are more aware of there surroundings when they are in a car chase.

Hopefully this time they won't be able to keep up with the fastest car in the game like they were able to in IV.

#ShitDriver

I just hope the police are more trained, got bored quiete swiftly with the popo in IV

Im a Shit Driver?

#ShitDriver

Im a Shit Driver?

Possibly, I couldn't give a positive answer to that as I have never ever ever played you.

#ShitDriver

Im a Shit Driver?

Possibly, I couldn't give a positive answer to that as I have never ever ever played you.

true but in my defense I am really good at driving.

And theres me expecting a rage argument about whos the best driver :( nah I agree with what you were saying originaly, when you have a police cruiser keeping up with a "ferrari" it makes no sense at all,

Im sure you are good at driving as well lol and exactly hopefully police chases will feel more realistic and fun

in a sense dropping the army from wanted levels does bring it down to more realistic levels, i don't think i've ever seen the us military used to catch or kill just one guy who started by killing a cop on the street.

realistic cops would be a great idea so long as you keep it with in reason, by realistic i refer to tactics and general A.I. mainly, aswell as speed, as said a ferrari isn't going to be caught by a cruiser on the highway, nor would they risk a road block with them speeds.

from what i've read about the cops in gta v they have upped their A.I. and realistic items a bit, keeping their distance for example in a shoot out, having a field of vision instead of a search area, but there are some things i would like to see implemented in the game when i get, although if they are not there i'm sure it won't matter.

one is the use of spike strips, common use in real life that often ends the chase, something like this is certainly not going to act this way but i would aid in the difficulty of escape, particularly with fast cars.

in a 5 start wanted level system my personal idea of how it would ramp up would be this

1 star - all foot officers will give chase in an attempt to arrest you, this would be for anything like assault, armed robbery, hit and run, etc.

2 stars - cops give chase, cop cars start following you and attempt boxing in to stop you, on foot you would have to deal with more than one cop

3 stars - at this point lethal force is authorized, cops in the street will take pot shots at you, cop cars will start attempts of the pit maneuver, spike strips are used, police helicopter is out making hiding more difficult minor road get road block placed on them

4 stars - s.w.a.t. is called in, road blocks become more intense, while on foot a helicopter comes in with s.w.a.t. teams roping down to the street or roof tops, snipers start coming in aswell, big ranger type suv's come in to ram you off the road.

5 stars - FIB take over, helicopters with armed personel on start shooting you, FIB suvs and black muscle cars come in shooting out the windows, while on foot you have something that looks like a scene in a die hard movie

but that just me, by the time you get to 5 stars you should be running like fuck thinking "why the fuck did i this this was a good idea"

in a sense dropping the army from wanted levels does bring it down to more realistic levels, i don't think i've ever seen the us military used to catch or kill just one guy who started by killing a cop on the street.

realistic cops would be a great idea so long as you keep it with in reason, by realistic i refer to tactics and general A.I. mainly, aswell as speed, as said a ferrari isn't going to be caught by a cruiser on the highway, nor would they risk a road block with them speeds.

from what i've read about the cops in gta v they have upped their A.I. and realistic items a bit, keeping their distance for example in a shoot out, having a field of vision instead of a search area, but there are some things i would like to see implemented in the game when i get, although if they are not there i'm sure it won't matter.

one is the use of spike strips, common use in real life that often ends the chase, something like this is certainly not going to act this way but i would aid in the difficulty of escape, particularly with fast cars.

in a 5 start wanted level system my personal idea of how it would ramp up would be this

1 star - all foot officers will give chase in an attempt to arrest you, this would be for anything like assault, armed robbery, hit and run, etc.

2 stars - cops give chase, cop cars start following you and attempt boxing in to stop you, on foot you would have to deal with more than one cop

3 stars - at this point lethal force is authorized, cops in the street will take pot shots at you, cop cars will start attempts of the pit maneuver, spike strips are used, police helicopter is out making hiding more difficult minor road get road block placed on them

4 stars - s.w.a.t. is called in, road blocks become more intense, while on foot a helicopter comes in with s.w.a.t. teams roping down to the street or roof tops, snipers start coming in aswell, big ranger type suv's come in to ram you off the road.

5 stars - FIB take over, helicopters with armed personel on start shooting you, FIB suvs and black muscle cars come in shooting out the windows, while on foot you have something that looks like a scene in a die hard movie

but that just me, by the time you get to 5 stars you should be running like fuck thinking "why the fuck did i this this was a good idea"

Sorry to dup the long un, phone messed up half way through, was gonna say some snipers on rooftops would be pretty cool. If they are dropped from a chopper, should give the game a bit more of a "SHIT!" feel

indeed.

i found the cops in gta iv lacking, no big deal if you had them.

i didn't like that, in vice city and san andreas they at least had some degree of challenge to them.

With a border being confirmed by the "Brady Guide Map", and it being divided up into two regions "Blaine County" and "Los Santos County". I wonder if this means that there will be two different police jurisdictions.

Maybe the border could also affect your Wanted Level ( as "TRok1301" pointed out in the Mapping Topic ), and what types of Law Enforcement units respond at 1-5 Stars. Maybe Blaine County has the Army at 5 stars ( since the military base is there/ even though Rockstar said that the Army isn't in GTA V ), and Los Santos County might only have the FIB or something ( just speculation ).

It already looks like there are different police vehicles for the two regions. Two different Law Enforcement Departments, the "Red-Neck" Sheriffs Department in Blaine County, and an "LAPD-Like force" for Los Santos County.

Los Santos Police Department ~

official-screenshot-twilight-takeoff.jpgofficial-screenshot-franklin-takes-cover-in-a-mask.jpg

And Blaine County Sheriffs Department ~

official-screenshot-trevor-sliding-across-hood.jpgofficial-screenshot-sheriffs-surround-a-red-car.jpg

What do you guys think?