Should cops be more realistic?  

481 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If crazy people suddenly start shooting/attacking me, I deserve the right to murder them in self defense.

What I do in GTA IV when I see a criminal is run to him and trip him over, continually knocking him down until the cops get him.

I also love abusing police power by attacking a security guard, and then calling the cops. They come to arrest him, he runs (or I knock him over) then he starts shooting, only to be shot dead by the cops.

If crazy people suddenly start shooting/attacking me, I deserve the right to murder them in self defense.

What I do in GTA IV when I see a criminal is run to him and trip him over, continually knocking him down until the cops get him.

I also love abusing police power by attacking a security guard, and then calling the cops. They come to arrest him, he runs (or I knock him over) then he starts shooting, only to be shot dead by the cops.

Lol I love doing that to the poor guard, especially the ones guarding police stations.

It works good with bikers too, if one of them starts shooting usually others will join in, and occasionally one will have a combat shotgun. I def want more interactions like these, where we can kind of 'puppet' the NPC's into doing shit.

• Like 2

maybe we could have a slighty more realistic police maybe if normal ppl hit a cop car they get stopped and arrested or get fined right infront you xD but not to realistic to the point that your getting chased because youve been wanted by police . maybe we could hide from the police to loose stars . or maybe see a cinematic clip if you get arrested or surender instead of getting shot xD so basiclly keep the cops dumb but a little realistec lol

Wot?? The cinematic clip isn't to bad of an idea. They pretty much had that in IV when you were arrested but, i think they could go a little farther with that. But the cops chase you because you are wanted. If they didn't chase you when you're wanted then their would be no need for them so i don't understand what you mean there.

i mean that the cops are always after you. like say you escape from the police and then you run into another one (after loosing all stars) and then you get chased again because he reconizes you. do you get it or still no? like if in real your a wanted criminal, if a cop sees and reconizes you he'll call for back up and chase you down. thats what i mean. alot of reading but thats what i mean haha :D

Edited by x_jason8

Do you guys think they have created a completely new police pursuit system or do you think they have just upgraded GTA IVs system? Personally, I think they should just keep the current system and work out the tweaks, although I found it to work pretty well. Maybe instead of a perfect circle of area the police search for you, it could be maybe a specific neighborhood they will search for you or depending on the amount of stars, a certain district or even city/town...

Do you guys think they have created a completely new police pursuit system or do you think they have just upgraded GTA IVs system? Personally, I think they should just keep the current system and work out the tweaks, although I found it to work pretty well. Maybe instead of a perfect circle of area the police search for you, it could be maybe a specific neighborhood they will search for you or depending on the amount of stars, a certain district or even city/town...

they said it wasn't going to change much

I think they should do similar to Mafia II, while at the same time add other things.. Such as at a certian point of police attention causes the helicoptors to come with the news cameras and you be live on the news and see yourself as a wanted person on the news if you get away.. Weazle Presents, Andreas Most Wanted lol..

i agree with what you said about the searching part.. i think they should use the same search strategies as the LAPD/LA County Sherrif do.

• Like 2

The random encounters we saw in RDR are coming back, and I'm sure in greater numbers and variety. I'd like to see some involving cops, like the good citizens bonus in VC, or the escaped prisoners in RDR.

I liked the good citizens bonus in VC. I hated how whenever you tried to attack someone running from cops or in self-defense in IV, you were automatically targeted by the police.

RDR's random encounters were good, I hope they return, perhaps in quieter areas of the city in the alleyways and stuff and in the more rural areas of the game. I remember how there were the gang hideouts, in one of them you had to help a sheriff fight off a gang and you were trusted to return the safe to the bank, it would have been better if it was more interactive and you could rob the safe.

EDIT: Also with the random encounters in RDR you could sometimes choose to side with the crooks or the law, perhaps there will be similar situations like this in V.

The random encounters we saw in RDR are coming back, and I'm sure in greater numbers and variety. I'd like to see some involving cops, like the good citizens bonus in VC, or the escaped prisoners in RDR.

I liked the good citizens bonus in VC. I hated how whenever you tried to attack someone running from cops or in self-defense in IV, you were automatically targeted by the police.

RDR's random encounters were good, I hope they return, perhaps in quieter areas of the city in the alleyways and stuff and in the more rural areas of the game. I remember how there were the gang hideouts, in one of them you had to help a sheriff fight off a gang and you were trusted to return the safe to the bank, it would have been better if it was more interactive and you could rob the safe.

EDIT: Also with the random encounters in RDR you could sometimes choose to side with the crooks or the law, perhaps there will be similar situations like this in V.

I believe you could rob the safe in the bank of Armadillo, was ages ago since I did it so I don't remember the details. But Youtube it... It's not that exciting, you just literally walk in and crack the safe and leave.

I liked the random encounter about the cannibal in RDR who broke that guys leg. It's gruesome stuff like that that would be awesome to see in the game.

I believe you could rob the safe in the bank of Armadillo, was ages ago since I did it so I don't remember the details. But Youtube it... It's not that exciting, you just literally walk in and crack the safe and leave.

I liked the random encounter about the cannibal in RDR who broke that guys leg. It's gruesome stuff like that that would be awesome to see in the game.

Yes you could rob the safe, there was always someone who witnessed it though :/

That cannibal guy was weird, I decided to shoot him. But you're right, unique gruesome things like that do make the game more interesting.

I love seeing cops jack taxis and other cars to chase me. I believe that happens in real life as well though, right?

Yep, but for the most part they try not to trash them lol

Id love to be able to help out the gangsters when police raid their spots. That would be a great way to gain respect or honor (if that stat is there).

GTA cop physics declares that if you are a vigilante and help them kill criminals you're a wanted man. So why not kill them?

-we can still try to escape the circular zone that flashes on the mini-map when cops come after our malcontent protagonist(s).

-we'll be able to try to hide inside that alarm radius

-The cops will use a line-of-sight system, so they won't just magically know where you are.

-If they have a helicopter in the sky, they'll be able to see plenty

-you'll see them use hand signals to communicate what they're doing.'

Sounds great, they have definitely improved it

• Like 2

-we can still try to escape the circular zone that flashes on the mini-map when cops come after our malcontent protagonist(s).

-The cops will use a line-of-sight system, so they won't just magically know where you are.

For DLC I hope they have it where cops use that X Ray thingamajigger where they can see if you hiding behind a dumpster or car (and other objects). I said X Ray thingamajigger cause I cant remember what it's called.

Nice, where from? I'd love to read what else that article mentions.

For DLC I hope they have it where cops use that X Ray thingamajigger where they can see if you hiding behind a dumpster or car (and other objects). I said X Ray thingamajigger cause I cant remember what it's called.

Thermal vision camera thingy?