Should cops be more realistic?  

481 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why would U.S. border patrol be chasing Franklin? I doubt he's illegal and if that is in fact U.S. border patrol then there's a good chance the Mexican border is in this game. Which means Mexican California might be a part of the map :D

It is still technically Southern California.

Whoops, my racist side got the better of me...

Why would U.S. border patrol be chasing *Trevor? I doubt he's illegal and if that is in fact U.S. border patrol then there's a good chance the Mexican border is in this game. Which means Mexican California might be a part of the map :D

Fix'd :v

then there's a good chance the Mexican border is in this game. Which means Mexican California might be a part of the map :D

And, San Diego. :jumpy:

Grand Theft Auto: BAJA

-Featuring Baja's iconic racing scene

-Steal from Mexico's many drug cartels

-Expansive desert, massive mountain ranges, beautiful underwater scenery, and lush tropical islands open for full exploration

FALL 2013

EDIT: Wow, how prophetic. I was put on this Earth for a reason! :o

Edited by GunSmith117

In GTA IV when someone attacks you in front of the police he will (maybe) be arrested.

I would like selfdefend me without getting a wanted level.

I once followed an arrested ped in GTA IV. When the police finnaly arrested the man they put him/her in their car, but when the police stops their car the arested man would get out and run away.

(This happened 20 times in one arrestation, then i killed them all because it was getting anoying)

• Like 1

First they should make the cops more smarter. In gta iv the cops were retarded. They should add weapons like tasers, tear gas, mase, and batons. They should also make the riots and riot police once in a while. You should be able to choose levels of force the cops use in the settings. They should not arrest you for hitting a civilian if they hit you first. When on foot and being arrested if you break it they should not shoot at you. Cops should also get calls and come patrol areas with more realistic and natural movements.

I've seen 2 people say something like 'How many people get away from the police in real life? If they were too realistic it would be too hard'. I have to say that in real life you don't have 8 weapons including a machine gun and RPG , the ability to take cover and use 3rd person to see over the cover or the ability to throw anyone in the world out of their car and take it. Or the weapon accuracy of a video game This is GTA. In real life you get shot you're all like 'AHHH I've been shot!' but in GTA you need to get shot like 10 times to die plus your health regenerates and if you can get shot in the leg 9 times you can still walk and run effortlessly and flawlessly. Also you may be scared in real life facing the threat of death or being shot and left to bleed but in GTA it's just losing a life followed by respawning (and it's not like you even have limited lives).

• Like 1

I want the originality of ps2 gta's.

Vice city was one of my favourite for pissin' cops off, only because they would not stop until I died!

Strangely I like how unrealistic it was,

Do you agree?

I've seen 2 people say something like 'How many people get away from the police in real life? If they were too realistic it would be too hard'. I have to say that in real life you don't have 8 weapons including a machine gun and RPG , the ability to take cover and use 3rd person to see over the cover or the ability to throw anyone in the world out of their car and take it. Or the weapon accuracy of a video game This is GTA. In real life you get shot you're all like 'AHHH I've been shot!' but in GTA you need to get shot like 10 times to die plus your health regenerates and if you can get shot in the leg 9 times you can still walk and run effortlessly and flawlessly. Also you may be scared in real life facing the threat of death or being shot and left to bleed but in GTA it's just losing a life followed by respawning (and it's not like you even have limited lives).

Ehem, OWNED!!!!!

the ability to take cover and use 3rd person to see over the cover

ketamine

You may think you are invulnerable to bullets while on Special K. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound ( and all that ).

But in reality the cops have already caught you, and your hallucinating all this while your being taken to jail in the back of a police cruiser. :bones:

more realistic as in if you don't have a gun out they can't shoot at you and if you kill a person and there no one else around then there should not be a cop at the spot then yes.

more force <idk what that is really but they should use some but not too much

better cops would be if you busted you wake up in jail then bribe a crooked cop to let you out with all yore things or call a bail bonds to bail you out

i think they need to be smarter like if you point a gun at them then they point there gun at you but don't shoot then when you walk away they don't do any thing but folow you till you mess up .

This is the thing, I can understand police with body armor, maybe a little stronger protection, but I don't want to be down with tear gas and riot gear, it's too realistic and would take away from the fun of fucking around with cops for me.

all you'd have to do is get in a car, drive off fast as fuck lol plus you have to learn that fucking with the cops comes with consequences ;)

Also something I noticed in the trailer, when the black guy is running away, theres 3 cops chasing after him along with a chopper, and theres no gun in sight! Could mean it's going to be more realistic :)

We can dream. But the helicopter flying low as hell would be fun to shoot down ( Infernus pic ) and make everyone die.

And I dont want this...... He entered his aprtment and slept, let's leave him alone guys.

I'd really like to at least be a volunteer sherrif or something and call in backup when I need it. I loved the police missions in IV but hated that the moment you fired on a AK-wielding mobster who's spraying the cops, the cops turn their attention at you. The modders did a great job with police missions in both SA and IV. You can call in swat, perform cpr on fellow officers or call an ambulance. I think spike strips should return, and of course tear gas. I'm guessing K-9 units should be fun too :clap:

• Like 3

Police were severely retarded in ^that^ respect. I can imagine the police reports for all the times I've had a situation like that.

"...At that point, an unknown Slavic man (potentially expecting a Good Citizen bonus) fired on our primary target, fatally wounding him. With the original target no longer a threat, all twenty-two (22) of the responding officers immediately opened fire on their savior, killing him for no reason at all."

The modders certainly did breathe new life into GTA IV with LCPD:FR. It's a shame console users weren't able to take advantage of it. I don't expect us to be able to progress through the ranks of the LSPD in V, but it would be a refreshing change of pace from robbing people.

Would be fun to park Chop in a dead-end hallway and see how many police dogs he can take down. :P

dude, no way would i want realistic cops... maybe a little smarter, and i would like your sneak ability to play more of a role, like hiding behind dumpsters or driving past one in a different car unnoticed... but more realistic cops?? think about it, how many people get away from the police in real life?? yea, talk about struggling to get away from a simple grand theft auto...

Ya i definitely wanna be able to get away from he cops in various ways. i would like to see cops surround the area like they would in real life. They should be able to communicate with eachother. i wanna see a lot of variety when it comes to the cop cars (Concept cop cars?). i want to be able to go into cop departments and wreck havoc.

i also wanna be able 2 set up big party's with LOS Cops and beat strippers down :jumpy:

i like the more realistic cops idea.. but i agree it would take fun away, so it should be a mode or cheat code or somethin to activate fully realistic police forces.. id doubt they do that though..

Police were severely retarded in ^that^ respect. I can imagine the police reports for all the times I've had a situation like that.

"...At that point, an unknown Slavic man (potentially expecting a Good Citizen bonus) fired on our primary target, fatally wounding him. With the original target no longer a threat, all twenty-two (22) of the responding officers immediately opened fire on their savior, killing him for no reason at all."

The modders certainly did breathe new life into GTA IV with LCPD:FR. It's a shame console users weren't able to take advantage of it. I don't expect us to be able to progress through the ranks of the LSPD in V, but it would be a refreshing change of pace from robbing people.

Would be fun to park Chop in a dead-end hallway and see how many police dogs he can take down. :P

Yeah watching chop on his own rampage should be fun, maybe we can get some steroids for him... could be an 'upgradeable weapon' eh?

It just won't make any sense if GTA V comes out and is amazing yet still has retarded police. More realistic the better. If it comes out and not enough has changed it'll seriously affect the game for me... :/

• Like 1

I'd really like to at least be a volunteer sherrif or something and call in backup when I need it. I loved the police missions in IV but hated that the moment you fired on a AK-wielding mobster who's spraying the cops, the cops turn their attention at you. The modders did a great job with police missions in both SA and IV. You can call in swat, perform cpr on fellow officers or call an ambulance. I think spike strips should return, and of course tear gas. I'm guessing K-9 units should be fun too :clap:

I like the idea of being a volunteer sheriff, just think, you're having trouble clearing out a certain gang from an area you need, so you slip on your badge/uniform start a gunfight and then just call in SWAT backup!

• Like 1

Looks like my dreams came true, a black and white marked police SUV.

actual_1364387903.jpg

and the light bar on the new squad car looks low profile like on the police SUV instead of the rotary bar

actual_1364387787.jpg

Looks like my dreams came true, a black and white marked police SUV.

actual_1364387903.jpg

and the light bar on the new squad car looks low profile like on the police SUV instead of the rotary bar

actual_1364387787.jpg

I really prefer the low profile bar, and the SUV is looking mighty fine. Looks like SWAT will be jumping off the running boards pretty quickly too...

maybe we could have a slighty more realistic police maybe if normal ppl hit a cop car they get stopped and arrested or get fined right infront you xD but not to realistic to the point that your getting chased because youve been wanted by police . maybe we could hide from the police to loose stars . or maybe see a cinematic clip if you get arrested or surender instead of getting shot xD so basiclly keep the cops dumb but a little realistec lol

maybe we could have a slighty more realistic police maybe if normal ppl hit a cop car they get stopped and arrested or get fined right infront you xD but not to realistic to the point that your getting chased because youve been wanted by police . maybe we could hide from the police to loose stars . or maybe see a cinematic clip if you get arrested or surender instead of getting shot xD so basiclly keep the cops dumb but a little realistec lol

Wot?? The cinematic clip isn't to bad of an idea. They pretty much had that in IV when you were arrested but, i think they could go a little farther with that. But the cops chase you because you are wanted. If they didn't chase you when you're wanted then their would be no need for them so i don't understand what you mean there.