Should cops be more realistic?  

481 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The cops need to be fitter, tougher and smarter than 4's.

I agree with the tougher part, but listening to the dumbass reactions from the cops as I wasted them in lV was always funny.

The cops need to be fitter, tougher and smarter than 4's.

I agree with the tougher part, but listening to the dumbass reactions from the cops as I wasted them in lV was always funny.

IV's cops were funny though I think they are going with the more serious approach.

it would be nice if cops tried tactics.... like driving and they box you in, or use spikes, cops in bikes, more real.

also with this. when shooting peds in general, would be nice to see limbs fly off and more gore.

I don't like the speeding tickets idea. In GTAIV I drove everywhere like I was in the movie Speed, trying to keep above 50MPH. Otherwise BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speeding tickets idea is shit. I don't want it to be in V.....

If you have a 1 star wanted level they should use a taser.

If your hit by a taser you should fall on the ground and lay down for 1/2 seconds And then slowly get up.

In gta 4 if you resist arrest they shot you to death. (GTA says that your not dead but that you pass out)

And if the police uses a 9mm they should atleast shoot you in the leg and not in the face!

P.S

I just found out that police officers in GTA 4 use snipers too (own experience - PS3)

The snipers were (****) retarded, it shot like all his mags and the bullets didn't even come close

The police in GTA V should have better trained officers, because GTA 4 officers look like babies with guns!

PART 2

In gta sa the police rammed the back side of your car to stop you ( if your in a car escaping).

The GTA 4 police Just let the second officer shoot me while the other one is driving.

PART 3

In GTA 4 if you were shooting in your aparrtement, the police came inside and try to arrest you

I hope you can lock and/or barricade it, and that the police will try to ram it in GTA 5.

THE POLICE IN 4 IS TOO AGRESSIVE!

it would be funny if there were dumb fat officers eating donuts :D

and other officers thinking they are too sexy that it should be a crime.

I just found out that police officers in GTA 4 use snipers too (own experience - PS3)

The snipers were (****) retarded, it shot like all his mags and the bullets didn't even come close

The police in GTA V should have better trained officers, because GTA 4 officers look like babies with guns!

I agree with that. In IV, if they are shooting at the random thug, They missed their shots & they used to take lot more time to take down the thug. Also if it is one-on-one between thug & police then the police used to die mostly...

Police should have some strategy while dealing with criminals....

• Like 1

Sometimes when the police is running after a thug they should call backup,

Because they never catch them. I only see the thug die by smashing itself to a driving car because he just run forward.

GtaIv had a big thing about terrorists and immigrants, yet it was legal to walkround with a rpg in the middle of NewYork.

I would like guns to be hidden or you get a wanted level if you get seen with them

Hate the fact that a 2 star wanted level makes cops draw guns, would be better if they ran after you quicker and called for back up

and dont know if it was a glitch, but when i pulled over for the cops in IV the cops didnt seem to get out of their car to get me out of mine ?

I'm really hopeing we can hide from the police. Like running through yards, hopping fences, hideing in allys while patrole cars pass looking for you. That'd be nice. That and the ability to use silent weapons to avoid police detection when shooting some one in a secluded area.

Cop logic in GTA 4:

1. Doesn't care when you carry a rocket launcher in public. Opens fire when you bump into them.

2. Hears a gun fired somewhere in the city. Knows the exact person who did it even if they don't have a gun out.

3. He has run over 36 pedestrians and shot 3 officers, lets take him down. Oh wait, he's on his cellphone.

4. I don't see the suspect anymore, call off the search.

5. "Stop! We just want to help you". Shoots to kill

6. Our entire department is no match for this one man, better call the national guard.

7. Oh he's going to sleep leave him be

8. I know you just shot four people, stole fire cars in a row and just ran over 36 pedestrians but I'm going to let you off this time.

9. Don't worry Ma'am we'll catch your husbands serial killer, unless he gets his car painted.

10. Whoa there buddy, are you walking around downtown with a hand grenade? Carry on.

11. Whoa did you just see that guy driving 100mph through a red light. No

12. Guys he went into his apartment, acquitted of all charges

13. That guy is destroying vehicles with a tank! Better chase him down on foot and shoot with our pistols.

They really need to be improved, I think they should add K9s and the ability to struggle with a cop like in sleeping dogs but rather than have you cuff the cop, say maybe the cop cuffs you but wriggle out of his grip and run off with a pair of handcuffs on and when you lose your wanted level or you find something sharp you can take them off, just an idea :3

• Like 1

I like the idea of cops using handcuffs, I remember reading a book that said cops are trained to never lose control of the "loose" cuff during an arrest as on non-rigid cuffs it can be used as a weapon, as in you could get loose with on cuff on one wrist and stick the other end thru the cops jaw, sick, twisted and very GTA, no?

Being able to hide/sneak/duck while in a parked car using stealth is a must. Being able to evade cops better at night on foot. cops using spike strips. Cops swinging baton/nightstick.

Hand cuffs would take it to a whole nother level. Driving around with someone cuffed to the door. Lol. Getting handcuffed and being able to run off still cuffed. Then get beat with nightstick arrested and so on.-

Yeah silent weapons. If no one hears the shot and no ones in the alley. Cops and medics will respond. Cops won't be looking for you unless someone sees you or hears the shooting.

Hiding in a dumpster would work. Kill someone, someone calls the cops. Get 1 star. Hide in a dumpster down the alleyway. Watch the cops and medics do there thing. Eventually cops leave and the star wanted level goes away.

Motorcycle cops!

Realistic cops ? Sure, but not too much. I would like them to follow you up to the apartment, or when you get arrested, they put you in the cop car and take you to the local precinct, you know, "We want you to ask you some questions...". When you walk with a weapon in your hand, if it's a gun or something, they should stop you and maybe arrest you for carrying a loaded weapon, but if you hold for example, a bat, they would stop you and say something like "Woah there buddy, what do you need this for ? Going to a baseball game ?". K9 should sniff for drugs and shit like that...would be cool.

I'd also like to see the cops in V use a bit more sense, for example, if I'm bunkered down behind the apparently bulletproof sofa in my apartment and ive just shot two cops in the head as they busted through the door, I'd expect the SWAT team to either lob a flashbang grenade in before they entered or come in behind a ballistic shield. or if I'm on top of a construction crane with a sniper rifle, an ugly disposition and a triple figure kill rate, DON'T climb up the fucking ladder, use snipers to force me into cover or have SWAT guys fast rope from a chopper onto the crane!

Also, I know this is a smarter cops thread, but I'm a paramedic and I'd like to see the in game paramedics show some more sense, for example, going back to the sniper scenario, IRL there is no way paramedics would just drive into the middle of an active sniper shooting and get shot, they would be held back behind a police cordon and taken forward with a SWAT team covering them and usually behoind an amoured truck for cover, they'd also be in body armour the same as the SWAT team.

• Like 1

Reviving a dead topic...

Was looking at some screenshots and here are my assumptions.

The sedan is a Sheriff vehicle based off of the gold lettering and uniforms of the officers near the vehicle. The SUV's in the background are either Noose or Border Patrol, due to the green band on the vehicles. Also the SUV's seem to have lights in the mirrors.

Screenshot2013-01-26at31411PM_zps39fa437c.png

Screenshot2013-01-26at31345PM_zps009e79d7.png

• Like 1

Probably a mix between Sacremento and LA. All white vehicle with gold star and lettering seems to be a hybrid.

2878297054_799049c51e.jpg